DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear III - 11/13/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Full Gear has been the lowest bought ppv of the year for them in both 2019 and 2020. I think 145 is a really damn good number if it's accurate. 

Their success rate of turning weekly viewers into ppv purchasers has been maybe their biggest strength. 

I do think Bleacher Report cost them some buys. Not enough to move the needle too much, but it was an issue.

No play from beginning option for those of us who couldn’t start live. You couldn’t navigate the website to purchase a replay without having the card spoiled. When they finally did get the show archived 24 hours after the fact, I didn’t even have to log in to watch it! A bunch of folks got it for free on Sunday night.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Full Gear has been the lowest bought ppv of the year for them in both 2019 and 2020. I think 145 is a really damn good number if it's accurate. 

Their success rate of turning weekly viewers into ppv purchasers has been maybe their biggest strength. 

if it is indeed absolutely 50% more than last year that's a big growth.  Plus some nice change in the pocket. 

9 hours ago, eikerir said:

BR sounds like a nightmare over there, the Fite TV experience couldn’t be smoother here, never had any issues.

I certainly didn't use a VPN and buy it for $20 instead of $50 personally...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I generally tend to fall in line with Dave’s ratings, but listening to him talk about the show I knew he was going to be off the mark. Ultimately it’s about one viewers perspective. I would have said:

MJF vs Darby Allin: 4 3/4

FTR vs Lucha Bros: 3 3/4

Danielson vs Miro:4 1/4

SuperKliq vs Jurassic Express/Christian: 4

Cody/PAC vs Andrade/Black: 4

Baker vs Conti: 3 1/4

CM Punk vs Kingston: 4 1/2

Inner Circle vs American Top Team: 3 3/4

Hangman vs Omega: 5

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 2:19 AM, The Natural said:

***** for the Trios Tag! WTF, Dave?!

Really liked the trios match live, but I am a personally a big fan of the over the top AEW matches. Not quite sure if I would go the full five stars for it, but it would give it at least 4 1/2 or 4 3/4. I actually could not see Bucks' reactions in the main event live, but that added to the story for me (again though, I have been a consistent BTE viewer for most of the Bucks time in AEW). I could hear an argument for the MJF/Darby opener, trios match, Punk/Kingston, and the main event being the best match on the crowd, but ultimately slightly prefer the main because of the awesome conclusion to the story. Full Gear uniquely felt like both the beginning and end of an era. It wrapped up the Hangman/Kenny stories, MJF winning the battle of the young top guns (and looking like a serious, upper card worker), and The Elite finally getting their comeuppance for the last year's worth of shenanigans. However, it was also the first PPV with the new, deep roster where every match was really good (three stars or above), with the depth of talent ensuring amazing match quality throughout the card. Interestingly enough, Adam Cole was actually the most popular guy live (at least for entrance pop) among the three big recent additions, and there is meat on the bone for both Punk and especially Danielson heel runs (the Miro/Danielson match wasn't a dud live by any means, but definitely not as hot as the previous four matches mentioned above).

• Like 1