DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear III - 11/13/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Part 3 is up. Likely part 4 will be up before the show starts. These have been awesome to refresh everything that's transpired over the past 3 years. Thanks for the heads up, Casey. Really appreciate Hangman taking the torch from Omega on the attention to detail dork shit. I'm ready. I wonder how many spots from last year's match are referenced.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Girlfriend's away tonight so me and a buddy staying up for this after the UFC show. Expectations are high. I'm hoping for an Eddie Kingston win, as unlikely as it may be.

Page wins, Omega takes time off, Cole steps up as leader of the Elite and goes after Page, Omega returns, turns face against Cole and has his moment making amends with Hangman. This is my prediction of the next year of AEW.

• Like 3

Yeah, I think you can have Kenny take time off and hopefully return around the time Steen joins if that's happening. Would be perfect. Hangman and Omega vs. Mount Rushmore is a feud you can run for a year plus, cycling in guys like Punk and Danielson to support the faces.

This line-up tonight is clearly stellar, but can they pace this one to keep the crowd alive come 1130?  Hoping they slot in a few more quality promos as we go along to split up the bell to bell to bell to bell.  What's the over/under on a Windham Rotunda debut this evening?  I've read of some film roles nearing the end of the month, does that delay things? 

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This line-up tonight is clearly stellar, but can they pace this one to keep the crowd alive come 1130?  Hoping they slot in a few more quality promos as we go along to split up the bell to bell to bell to bell.  What's the over/under on a Windham Rotunda debut this evening?  I've read of some film roles nearing the end of the month, does that delay things? 

I honestly don’t think TK is interested in Windham. He didn’t talk too fondly of his in-ring or character work in the past, either.

So much love for Eddie Guerrero tonight ?

Road To and pre-show were both excellent.

I popped for Dante's athletic ring re-entry.

Opening match was definitely two of the Four Pillows of AEW living up to that near-impossible standard.

Looks like MJF has been studying Roderick Strong tapes (and Orange Cassidy)

Loved the Eddie tributes in the tag title match, and the Killer Bees callback.

Of all the great things in the tournament final, I think Miro's varied facial expressions were the best.

What kind of pro wrestler wears pink and black in the ring? The trios match was literally too much fun. I wish they'd dial it back about 20 percent.

The crowd reactions to Cody and angry Arn were really entertaining.

I popped for the Ultimo Guerrero reference.

I was pretty sure Britt was retaining but I totally bought some of Tay's near-falls.

I thought Adam Cole was gonna win "Blade Job of the Night" but Punk stole that from him.

I do NOT know what good pro wrestling tastes like!

I loved Lambert's velour track suit. Very Bobby Heenan.

The crowd shots during "Judas" were just great.

"Purple Rain" and "Toaster" chants!!

I thought that was a MUCH better match than Blood and Guts.

Including the pre-show, we were about 4 and a half hours in when the main event started. Was ANYONE feeling burned out?

Loved the "What Would Kota Think?" sign in the crowd. Love that AEW put it on camera.

I did not envy Kenny and Hangm'n having to main event after all that came before their match.

Loved the callback to Roddy Piper vs Bret.

Felt like they earned the right to do that Kawada spot. 

Kenny kicked out of the OWA!!

My expectations were SKY HIGH for the match and for the show. They were exceeded.

It's impossible to pick a "best bout" for this show. So much excellent and entertaining pro wrestling.

It might be recency bias, but that has to at least be in the conversation for Best Pro Wrestling PPV of All Time.

Edit: I forgot about the Baron putting the claw on All Ego and KENNY kicking out of the OWA... Impossible to make a post long enough to capture all the good things!

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 6

That was a really good pro-wrestling show. 

Danielson and Miro went out and had an actual King's Road match in the year 2021 holy shit

Everything on the show delievered at minimum.  The Trios and Atomicos matches way over delievered.

However... Lethal is not a popular signing, and that pretty much seals that Marty is gonna show up sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

MJF / Darby was my match of the night. It was really great. Probably MJF’s best match in AEW.

loved the main event. Super emotional.

Dan Lambert rules. JDS stalling suplex then standing moonsault ruled even more.

Punk / Eddie had elements of Joe / Necro, which is weird considering Punk / Eddie were on commentary and Bryce was the ref!

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 7