DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear III - 11/13/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Not so bold prediction...

After someone's match tomorrow, maybe AmDrag's, the lights will go out, and we'll hear the sound of coins dropping leading to: 

Also...

Spoiler

He just arrived in the US.

EDIT: Aw fuck, nevermind, NJPW's All Valley thingy is the same night. 

Edited by Craig H

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Can I just ask where this "the Bucks don't sell" narrative comes from? Matt Jackson's legit on my list of top ten in the world at selling. I'm so baffled every time it comes up.

I think the argument on the board has usually been that Matt sells things between moves but it doesn't effect the moves he does typically speaking. If you were going to put him up against Chris Masters during his most popular run on this board, you'd see Chris hurt one arm in a match and then do Irish whips one handed afterwards, that kind of thing. Matt is more like 95% of the wrestling world now where he'll sell, do his thing normally and then sell again. The selling is done between spots rather than as a continuous spectrum. The Bucks are a victim of their time frame where selling is not seen as important as long control segments are out of fashion with lots of back-and-forth swings being the norm.

In conclusion, I don't think Matt is a terrible seller but its not one of his superlatives either. I would place Eddie Kingston above him if you needed me to pick someone current. 

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Now that's a poster.

Crazy hyped about the match, but with the ‘haggard’ filter turned up to 11 on Bryan and the setting, that poster looks like he’s the head of Vince’s mythical Hobo Army advancing on the Redeemer as God’s final test.

• Like 2

I ended up using my last vacation day this year so I could take Sunday off and stay up late to watch this tomorrow night. I am absolutely pumped. Looking forward to Bryan/Miro, as I legitimately have no clue who is winning that. Really looking forward to Hangman/Omega as well. I'm a big Tay Conti fan but I'm not sure she has a chance against Britt yet. Hoping I'm proven wrong. Orange Cassidy is my dude but he was feuding with Matt Hardy at the buy-in to All Out. 2 months later and it's gone nowhere. Time for Best Friends and HFO to go onto a new feud.

• Like 5

I don't think it will happen but I think Tay Conti should win the title tomorrow.  Britt run has been so long and strong that losing the belt doesn't hurt.  But I have a feeling they are waiting for some WWE star ( maybe a queen)  to show up and then win it which frankly sucks

• Like 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Can't wait for King v Punk. Hope Miro beats Danielson to be Page's first defence. I'd rather Rosa took the belt off Britt than Tay. 

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I don't think it will happen but I think Tay Conti should win the title tomorrow.  Britt run has been so long and strong that losing the belt doesn't hurt.  But I have a feeling they are waiting for some WWE star ( maybe a queen)  to show up and then win it which frankly sucks

They’re waiting for the Thunder Rosa rematch, I thought that was pretty clear to everyone. Charlotte isn’t coming to AEW.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Can't wait for King v Punk. Hope Miro beats Danielson to be Page's first defence. I'd rather Rosa took the belt off Britt than Tay. 

Yeah, Thunder Rosa's my first pick to beat Dr. Britt Baker for the AEW Women's World Championship, my other choice is Serena Deeb. Tay Conti's time will come with said belt.

Edited by The Natural

For quite a while now, I have been doing online pick contests for big AEW and NJPW shows with a small group of fellow wrestling nerds.

Full Gear is surprisingly tough to call!

I am fairly confident about who is winning Page v Kenny and Britt v Tay, but for every other match I could pretty easily make an argument for either side winning.

e.g. After that build Darby needs to go over, but on the other hand if Page is gonna be champ maybe you wanna keep a heel like MJF strong to set up a title challenge, or have him go after Sammy... It's too soon to end Bryan's win streak, but oh boy would Miro vs Page be a great first defense for Page, and Bryan vs Page would probably be too much of a good guy vs good guy match-up... Jungle Boy winning would really pop the crowd, but you probably need a couple of heel victories to keep things balanced... and so on. Not to mention all the layers of in-ring and behind-the-scenes storytelling in Punk vs Kingston and the Cody tag match! 

Feels like some pretty darned good booking to me. 

Edited by Gordberg

I'm thinking Bryan wins to continue Miro's "Loss of faith" storyline, Miro can easily come back strongly with another streak. Then do we get Bryan / Hangman? Does Bryan (officially) turn heel for that or would we get face vs face? I can see crowd reactions easily being 50/50 maybe 60/40 in Hangman's favour.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Granted I don't watch much New Japan so maybe this isn't valid but it seems to me if anyone from CHAOS is coming to PPV tonight it would be one currently in the country which is 

Reveal hidden contents

Ishii.  He worked last night against Vinnie Massaro

NJPW has a show in San Jose tonight, so don’t expect any of those guys. If they’re going to do something with AEW, it would have to be Dynamite next week.

The last ppv was pretty jam-packed with new faces showing up, so part of me hopes that if there are any debuts, it's only one or two. Save some of the excitement for Dynamite.

That said I am super fucking stoked for tonight! 

If Adam Page kicks out of Kenny Omega's One Winged Angel, it automatically becomes one of the best near falls ever with how protected the move is. Even Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi weren't allowed to kick out. I can see Omega going for a second One Winged Angel which Page counters into the Dead Eye followed by the Buckshot Lariat to become the new AEW World Champion.

• Like 1

I am getting this solely for Eddie/Punk. I really hope Eddie wins. There is a groundswell of pro-Eddie support for this with my wrestling fan friends after that segment, the awesome Bleacher Report segment, his whole journey and just in general being incredible. Would love if he upset Punk and then got another crack at Danielson or even Page.

• Like 2