DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear III - 11/13/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Could somebody with the power to do so update the first post please? I'm not sure which of the matches they're clearly building towards have officially been announced, but I'm pretty sure it's now more than just the men's title match and the eliminator finals.

I can't update the first post, but to the best of my knowledge, all of the following are confirmed:

Darby v MJF

The Lucha Brothers v FTR (Tag titles)

IC v ATT & MotY (Street fight)

DMD v Tay (Women's title)

Bryan v Mox (or possibly Orange) (Tournament final)

Kenny v Hangman (World title)

Pure speculation, but we're likely to get some of:

Super Kliq v Jurassic Express (& Christian?) or Cole v Jungle Boy or JE vs YB and Cole v Christian...

Cody & Pac v Andrade & Back 

TBS tournament final (Jade v Rosa? Ruby?) - (EDIT: nope. See below).

Punk v ???

Miro???

Kingston???

Deeb v Shida rubber match?

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gordberg said:

I can't update the first post, but to the best of my knowledge, all of the following are confirmed:

Darby v MJF

The Lucha Brothers v FTR (Tag titles)

IC v ATT & MotY (Street fight)

DMD v Tay (Women's title)

Bryan v Mox (or possibly Orange) (Tournament final)

Kenny v Hangman (World title)

Pure speculation, but we're likely to get some of:

Super Kliq v Jurassic Express (& Christian?) or Cole v Jungle Boy or JE vs YB and Cole v Christian...

Cody & Pac v Andrade & Back 

TBS tournament final (Jade v Rosa? Ruby?) - (EDIT: nope. See below).

Punk v ???

Miro???

Kingston???

Deeb v Shida rubber match?

From the pure speculation section, I think it'll be:

Punk vs. Kingston.

I thought PAC vs. Andrade III but I think Cody/PAC vs. Andrade/Black is likely for Full Gear. PAC/Andrade as the Rampage trilogy.

Deeb vs. Shida is possible unless the attack after their match with Deeb's Steel Chair saves it for a later date.

Super Kliq vs. Christian Cage/Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was in New Orleans getting drunk on hurricanes on my first real vacation in two years and not caring about wrestling for one weekend.  

I facetiously apologize for not updating the top of the thread fast enough for y'all.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, I was in New Orleans getting drunk on hurricanes on my first real vacation in two years and not caring about wrestling for one weekend.  

I facetiously apologize for not updating the top of the thread fast enough for y'all.  

If you didn't say "Stand back, there's a hurricane comin' through" at least one time, what's this all been for? Hope you enjoyed your time away!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

AEW Dynamite Spoiler:

Spoiler

What a match this will be. Mox's welfare is the first priority. We're thinking of you Jon and Renee xxx.

I hope FTR beat Lucha Brothers for the AEW World Tag Team Championship as they're due a long reign but it's not going to happen. Lucha Brothers will retain having lost the AAA World Tag Team Titles to them.

Edited by The Natural

The dream match, FTR vs. The Young Bucks delivered. Gave it *****. Wrong team won.

Adam Page will get his revenge here becoming the new AEW World Champion. You can't put off winning the big one too often. See Lex Luger and especially Hirooki Goto.

• Like 1

How can you say the wrong team won when the Bucks gave us almost a year of great tag team wrestling and made everybody they were in there with look great? I think Penta and Fenix are incredible but their reign so far has been a huge, huge drop-off in quality compared to the Bucks' and I'm concerned that the match at the PPV won't deliver. That Rampage title defence against Butcher and Blade is probably the worst men's title match in the company's history to date unless I'm forgetting something. FTR are one of the best going but I don't think they're as consistent as the Bucks in big matches these days either. Those Santana and Ortiz matches were good but nothing I'll remember fondly. 

Card is looking pretty good but I don't feel hyped like I have for other ppvs. I'm expecting big things from Kenny and Hangman, but I'm also concerned the crowd will be burned out like they pretty much always are for the main event ~4 hours into PPVs. Danielson and Miro is going to rule. Punk and Kingston will be smart, emotional, and feature a lot of selling. Nothing else feels huge to me to be honest. Tay has improved a lot but feels like a filler defence and the build has been whatever. I am over Jericho at this point. He needs to take an extended break and let some other people get that time he eats up, though I'm intrigued to see Lambert go full Bobby Heenan mode. I'm just waiting for Christian to turn on Jungle Boy, though I expect the match will deliver. Same thing with MJF and Wardlow, I'm impatiently waiting for the implosion but I reckon that match will be fun too. It just doesn't feel like a big, meaningful match sadly. 

They adding Cody and Pac vs. Andrade and Black? Or will that be a tv feud? I have a hard time seeing Cody not featured on a ppv. I would certainly hope there's another women's match, tho likely relegated to the pre show. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

The thing about The Bucks is that they are the best in the world at fast paced insane spot fest wrestling. They make talented but green/sloppy teams look great by always being in the right spot at the right time for every big move. It's why Top Flight looked flawless in their TV debut, and then missed a bunch of spots the next time we saw them.

FTR are the best in the world at old school southern tag team wrestling. It's how they were able to make Sting look better then he had in 20+ years. 

But the Bucks sometimes struggle then they try to do a more standard tag match and FTR sometimes doesn't click as well with high flying and/or lucha based guys.

On one hand, I think it was too early last year to take the belts off FTR in a vacuum, but on the other, it was definitely time for The Bucks to get the belts and back up the "best tag team in the world" branding.

• Like 3

I imagine FTR will be the first team to win the belts a second time and they'll probably get a good run with them. I was thinking Santana & Ortiz were the team to dethrone the Bucks but they've had some pretty disappointing outings lately, so I was wrong and the Lucha Brothers were the right move.  

Lucha Bros title match and win were a top 10 all-time MOMENT for AEW, but beyond that I have more faith in Santana and Ortiz compared to them in rising to the occasion if they were given the ball, with something to prove and get their teeth into since…god knows when. It feels like they’ve been Jericho’s hangers-on for too damn long.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, Jiji said:

How can you say the wrong team won when the Bucks gave us almost a year of great tag team wrestling and made everybody they were in there with look great? I think Penta and Fenix are incredible but their reign so far has been a huge, huge drop-off in quality compared to the Bucks' and I'm concerned that the match at the PPV won't deliver. That Rampage title defence against Butcher and Blade is probably the worst men's title match in the company's history to date unless I'm forgetting something. FTR are one of the best going but I don't think they're as consistent as the Bucks in big matches these days either. Those Santana and Ortiz matches were good but nothing I'll remember fondly. 

I'd rather watch an FTR tag team match than a Young Bucks one. I liked the latter's AEW World Tag Team Championship reign for the most part but to me, FTR since 2016 have been the best tag team in the world.

• Like 1

I don’t have to imagine booing the character they’re presenting of Eddie Kingston. I LIVE IT EVERY DAY!

But I cheer for the success of the man behind the character, for sure. Nothing can stop my love for CM Punk, I’m sorry, I love you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

All world, all time. Imagine booing this man. 

Imagine booing this man? What are you talking about? "I am the karma for everybody you ever, ever disrespected, anybody you ever gave a headache to 'cause the great CM Punk wasn't feeling it that day or the great CM Punk just didn't like you 'cause you did something to piss him off."

Eddie Kingston is taking on this fight in honour of the McMahon family. Why would any self-respecting AEW fan cheer for that? 

• Haha 3