Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear III - 11/13/2021


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lemme start this before a bot does.  

FOR THE AEW CHAMPIONSHIP - Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hangman Adam Page

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (c) vs. Tay Conti

FOR THE AEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Lucha Brothers (c) vs. FTR

MEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP ELIMINATOR FINALS - Bryan Danielson vs. Miro

10 MAN TAG MILWUAKEE STREET FIGHT - The Inner Circle vs. Men of the Year / American Top Team

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE SIX MAN TAG MATCH - Superkliq (Cole / Jackson / Jackson) vs. Christian Cage / Jurassic Express (Luchasaurus / Jungle Boy)

MJF vs. Darby Allin

Cody Rhodes / Pac vs. Malakai Black / Andrade El Idolo

Nyla Rose / Jamie Hayter vs. Hikaru Shida / Thunder Rosa

CM Punk vs. Eddie Kingston

--

More as they announce. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2021 at 12:01 PM, zendragon said:

Between this and the promo photo for the Danielson match Kenny looks like he's doing Jake Roberts cosplay

I'm getting Al Snow even more than Jake Roberts, but he's definitely doing a cosplay of SOME sort!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So…

 

Is there any acceptable and satisfactory booking that has Omega going over and keeping the title?

Hangman going over, being the hero, and winning the belt after the build up it has… is perfect.  However, Omega IS the better opponent on the other side if Bryan wins the tournament.  
 

Moxley, on the other hand. Him winning the tournament is very interesting.  Especially given he is basically The Amazon from NES Pro Wrestling now.  He hasn’t officially turned heel yet.  But it seems in the works and it would suggest on paper he’d eat Page alive.  Moxley’s promos giving his perspective on Hangman’s last year and a half I can see hitting the red line.  I’m just uncertain if Page need be booked like an underdog as champion right out of the gate after he “gains his confidence” back.

Meanwhile, Omega vs. Bryan for the title is over there looking like the biggest possible match in the business.  We ARE anticipating a rematch at some point.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
56 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

So…

 

Is there any acceptable and satisfactory booking that has Omega going over and keeping the title?

Hangman going over, being the hero, and winning the belt after the build up it has… is perfect.  However, Omega IS the better opponent on the other side if Bryan wins the tournament.  
 

Moxley, on the other hand. Him winning the tournament is very interesting.  Especially given he is basically The Amazon from NES Pro Wrestling now.  He hasn’t officially turned heel yet.  But it seems in the works and it would suggest on paper he’d eat Page alive.  Moxley’s promos giving his perspective on Hangman’s last year and a half I can see hitting the red line.  I’m just uncertain if Page need be booked like an underdog as champion right out of the gate after he “gains his confidence” back.

Meanwhile, Omega vs. Bryan for the title is over there looking like the biggest possible match in the business.  We ARE anticipating a rematch at some point.

I'd be fine with Omega beating Hangman after Page gets jumped by Omega's henchmen on TV beforehand and comes in to the title match with taped ribs or something along those lines. Of course we could still get a great rematch between Omega and Danielson regardless of the belt being on the line but the title does add that extra sizzle. 

Having said that I fully expect Page to go over and have a great run as champ. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assuming that Eddie Kingston vs CM Punk is actually happening on the PPV,  this might be the only time where you could have a PPV match that isn't wrestling and the crowd would be happy for it.  I mean Kingston vs Punk would be a damn good wrestling match but can you imagine if Tony Khan just said "we are going to give you 15 minutes to say whatever the fuck you what"    No way that wouldn't be awesome 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is Hangman goes over for the title, gets mauled by Moxley or Danielson in his first defense, and starts to have a crisis around the fact that the world is unjust. "It was my time, I did everything right and it didn't even matter, this wasn't supposed to happen" that kind of thing.

This way, the story changes to him chasing the title for a second time to prove it wasn't a fluke, and since he's already had the big feel good moment, the title doesn't have to be tied up in his journey like it was in round one. You can have Mox/Danielson/Omega trade it for a year until Hangman makes it back to the top.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My guess is Hangman goes over for the title, gets mauled by Moxley or Danielson in his first defense, and starts to have a crisis around the fact that the world is unjust. "It was my time, I did everything right and it didn't even matter, this wasn't supposed to happen" that kind of thing.

This way, the story changes to him chasing the title for a second time to prove it wasn't a fluke, and since he's already had the big feel good moment, the title doesn't have to be tied up in his journey like it was in round one. You can have Mox/Danielson/Omega trade it for a year until Hangman makes it back to the top.

I could get into that idea.  
 

I think part of my concern of any Hangman title defense being dwarfed by the eventual Omega/Bryan rematch on the same card, might be a bit over blown.  In WWE that result would be almost predictable regardless of the quality of the matches.  AEWs execution, even in wrestling cliches isn’t a guarantee to draw the same result.  They’re AEW.  It’s just not the same.

Back to your point.  Homicides build up to the ROH Title in 06 was pretty great.  Then he lost it almost immediately to Nigel IIRC.  So there is some focus there.  Goddamn.  Why not have Hangman get mauled ON a regular episode of Dynamite too?  Just to make sure everyone sees it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Page vs Danielson/Moxley is likely to be their big December special episode like Winter is Coming last year. So everyone will see that one. 

It'll really add some stakes to next year's tournament if the winner is successful in the title match two consecutive years.

I really need to stop talking myself into loving this thing that's not happening. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I could get into that idea.  
 

I think part of my concern of any Hangman title defense being dwarfed by the eventual Omega/Bryan rematch on the same card, might be a bit over blown.  In WWE that result would be almost predictable regardless of the quality of the matches.  AEWs execution, even in wrestling cliches isn’t a guarantee to draw the same result.  They’re AEW.  It’s just not the same.

Back to your point.  Homicides build up to the ROH Title in 06 was pretty great.  Then he lost it almost immediately to Nigel IIRC.  So there is some focus there.  Goddamn.  Why not have Hangman get mauled ON a regular episode of Dynamite too?  Just to make sure everyone sees it.

He was more or less squashed by Morishima, no? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I could get into that idea.  
 

I think part of my concern of any Hangman title defense being dwarfed by the eventual Omega/Bryan rematch on the same card, might be a bit over blown.  In WWE that result would be almost predictable regardless of the quality of the matches.  AEWs execution, even in wrestling cliches isn’t a guarantee to draw the same result.  They’re AEW.  It’s just not the same.

Back to your point.  Homicides build up to the ROH Title in 06 was pretty great.  Then he lost it almost immediately to Nigel IIRC.  So there is some focus there.  Goddamn.  Why not have Hangman get mauled ON a regular episode of Dynamite too?  Just to make sure everyone sees it.

 

45 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

He was more or less squashed by Morishima, no? 

Yeah, Homicide dropped the ROH World Championship to Takeshi Morishima after only two months in February 2007. Nigel McGuinness beat Morishima for it in October of that year and lost it to Jerry Lynn in April 2009.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really, really, really love the speculation regarding the title match.  That plus the tournament open up a lot of possibilities and they would all be pretty fucking great to see play out.  So no matter what I think we all win.

But I do feel this is Hangman's time so I'm gonna need to find a special beer to celebrate the win.  Thank goodness this is on a Saturday.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I really, really, really love the speculation regarding the title match.  That plus the tournament open up a lot of possibilities and they would all be pretty fucking great to see play out.  So no matter what I think we all win.

But I do feel this is Hangman's time so I'm gonna need to find a special beer to celebrate the win.  Thank goodness this is on a Saturday.

It would certainly be weird to NOT put Hangman over. When considering all the time and effort that’s been put into bringing him around from the loss to Jericho.  There are a fair amount of good to great choices to go with that we’re not on the table prior to AEW putting Page in this path.
 

But putting my booking hat on here.  I’m going for it with him as champ.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturday PPVs are better for me going into the start of Sunday morning to Sunday going into Monday. WWE PPVs start at midnight, AEW at 1am and UFC main card PPVs from 3am on a Sunday morning. WWE RAW 1am Tuesday morning, AEW Dynamite 1am Thursday morning, WWE Smackdown 1am Saturday morning and AEW Rampage 3am Saturday morning. I tend to watch AEW PPVs, AEW TV and UFC PPVs live. WWE PPV card dependent. Respect to those who do at such shitty times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...