DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Somehow Dallas is sending picks to Washington in the Dinwiddie/Porzingis trade.

It is just a future 2nd round pick

The weird part is Dallas agreeing to take Davis Bertans back

I guess they're hoping Bertans can return to form in an environment less soul-crushing than the Wizards.

Enes Kanter got sent to Houston and immediately waived so he can return to his first love: being an asshole on twitter.

I can't find confirmation of this, but it looks like the Knicks and Hawks pulled off a Cam Reddish for Kevin Knox deal. 

EDIT -- There it is:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/13/knicks-trade-for-cam-reddish-in-deal-that-sends-kevin-knox-to-hawks/

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't find confirmation of this, but it looks like the Knicks and Hawks pulled off a Cam Reddish for Kevin Knox deal. 

Are you calling Wojo a liar?

• Sad 1

I both love and hate the deal for the Nets. In theory, from a basketball standpoint, it's potentially perfect (at least on the road with Kyrie playing.) Simmons basically takes Bruce Brown's role, but he's bigger, more athletic, and a way better defender. He'll rarely have to shoot, can be the second or third ball handler, and might singlehandedly improve the Nets defensive ranking half a dozen spots.

But the less good version, where he has to be the primary ball handler at home, where who knows who is going to be healthy, and where who knows if/when Simmons or Irving might cause problems again... It could be a nightmare.

Talent can often cure bad fits, but on paper Harden and Embiid do not play complimentary styles at all.

7 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I feel like this is just the Mavs trying to clear the books to resign Brunson and DFS in the offseason, We need to find a decent big though, because KP's rim protection isn't easy to replace with who we have.

We signed DFS to a 4 year deal several hours ago now hopefully Brunson is soon to Follow. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Has there ever been a player that was bought out after the trade deadline, went to a contender, was a major contributor and won a title?

I don't think so.

Like, Dallas signed Peja as a buyout the year they won the title, but he was unplayable in the Finals and certainly didn't have much if any impact on them winning it all.

(Of course, there's not a lot of times a deadline deal turned a team into a champion. Detroit with Sheed in 04, Rockets with Clyde in 95... Lakers got close with Pau in 08... I can't think of any others off hand)