DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

In fun Knicks news, Julius Randle had a little incident on the sidelines

And this comes on the heels of reports that he's about to be traded.   (Which was instantly countered by multiple people saying, lol no one wants him.)

The Dame/CJ backcourt was one of the most entertaining duos of its era. I will really miss that pairing a lot. They entertained me quite a bit over the past few years with my addiction to West Coast basketball. Awesome that two mid-major dudes were a consistent playoff team and even made it to the WCF. Dame and CJ also by all accounts are IRL really good friends, and he absolutely loves Oregon. 

25 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Trade John Wall for Dame

The wild rumor going around DC is

John Wall to Lakers for Russ

Houston buys out Russ

Russ signs with the Wizards

22 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Does James Harden actually make Philly more likely to win a title?

He looks like he's slowing down, and he has a long history of struggling to co-exist with fellow superstars (though he's working better with Durant) and he's owed a lot of money deep into his thirties.

In almost any other situation I would say trading for Harden is a bad idea for all the reasons you listed.  But the Sixers have a legitimate shot at the title this year, are getting a career year from Embiid, and would be trading basically dead money for him.  Lord only knows how long Embiid's knees and feet will hold up so who knows how many more shots they're realistically going to get?  Until an hour ago I would have said they should be harassing the Wiz non-stop until they trade Beal, but clearly that's off the table. 

So I say, yeah, fuck it, trade for Harden and make your run and deal with the consequences later.  It gives them more offense and hopefully Thybulle and Embiid can mitigate his defensive liabilities.

• Like 1

Looking like tomorrow is going to be fucking lit.

Apparently Harden to Philly talk is very much back on as Harden desperately wants out of Brooklyn.  The current talk is a 4 team deal with Philly, OKC, New Orleans, and Brooklyn with Harden ending up a Sixer and Simmons a Net.   (EDIT --> Note, Woj says this is BS. So.... ymmv.)

Miami might be trying to make a move. They did a very minor deal with OKC, sending KZ Okpala for a second round pick, but they also as part of the deal modified protections on a pick they owe OKC later down the road, possibly to free up the ability to move a first rounder in a potential bigger move before the deadline.

Before this becomes all trades all the time this afternoon:

As to the Heat, the rumor is they covet PJ Washington but probably don't have enough to get Charlotte to move him. This year's 1 however. . .

Also, TO may trade Goran Dragic to someone for pennies on the dollar, who'd buy him out and allow him to come back to the Heat because, well, Eastern Europeans love south Florida. ❤️ 

25 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Raptors get Thaddeus Young from the Spurs for Goran Dragic.

Here is the full trade

The Raptors and Spurs have agreed to a trade that will send forward Thaddeus Young to Toronto in exchange for point guard Goran Dragic, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link).

According to Charania (via Twitter), big man Drew Eubanks and the Pistons’ 2022 second-round pick are also headed to Toronto in the deal, with the Raptors sending San Antonio their 2022 first-round pick (top-14 protected). That pick would be top-13 protected in 2023 if it doesn’t change hands this season, and would turn into two future second-rounders if it doesn’t convey in ’23.

• Thanks 1

The Kings are trading former No. 2 overall pick Marvin Bagley III to the Pistons, sources tell Shams Charania and Sam Amick of The Athletic (Twitter link). According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (Twitter link), that move will be part of a four-team trade that sends Bucks wing Donte DiVincenzo to Sacramento.

The Clippers will be the fourth club involved in the deal, as Charania reports (via Twitter) that big man Serge Ibaka is headed to Milwaukee. Los Angeles is acquiring swingman Rodney Hood and forward Semi Ojeleye from the Bucks, tweets Andrew Greif of The Los Angeles Times.

Sacramento is receiving Pistons forwards Josh Jackson and Trey Lyles along with DiVincenzo, per Charania (via Twitter), while Detroit is also sending out multiple second-round picks, according to Wojnarowski (Twitter link).

Woj (via Twitter) breaks the deal down as follows:

• Kings acquire DiVincenzo, Jackson, and Lyles.
  • Pistons acquire Bagley.
  • Clippers acquire Hood and Ojeleye.
  • Bucks acquire Ibaka, two second-round picks, and cash.

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Before this becomes all trades all the time this afternoon:

Ya know, that list isn't bad at all.  My initial reaction to Doc and Spoelstra was "huh?" before I decided to look up their records and they're a lot better than I realized.