DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Charlotte scored 158 points last night which set a franchise record and was the highest total in the NBA so far this season

Clearly they are the Pacers decided to play no defense as the final was 158-126 (The 158 points was the most allowed in Pacers history)

Kelly Oubre became the 5th player in NBA history to hit 10 consecutive 3s after coming off the bench.

And in the other niche stat of the game - Oubre and LaMelo Ball became just the 6th teammates in NBA history to have each have a triple double and hit 10 3s in a single game

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jazz believe that Joe Ingles is fucked after he blew out his knee last night

It's a torn ACL and he's done for the year.

Also, Denver got a disabled player exception for Michael Porter Jr so I guess don't expect to see him for the playoffs.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, RIPPA said:

Per Wojo - the Kings are no longer trying to acquire Ben Simmons as the asking price is "too steep"

I forgot this was still dragging on.

i don't get why anyone would give up much for Simmons.  Either he's too mentally fragile to play - in which case giving up a lot for him and taking on his $30 mil+/year salary may be a bad bet - or he's a toxic dude willing to fake Covid exposures and mental health issues to get out of playing.  Neither scenario makes me think he should be in anyone's locker room.  Except maybe the Nets.

I fully expect that he'll get traded eventually and all his issues will spontaneously resolve themselves, but I'm not really looking forward to seeing that play out. 

• Like 1

Durant and Irving might actually be the perfect compliments for Simmons. He wouldn't be asked to shoot, he could focus on being the absolute destroyer of worlds on defense he's capable of being... It's that "he could be the perfect Draymond Green" idea.

If, of course, he's mentally engaged.

I don't feel like this is that bad of a move for the Blazers? Like, sure, it makes them less competitive this year, but they are already barely hanging on to the last play-in spot. Getting under the tax is always going to be a thing for teams, but having the space to keep Simons seems way more important than holding on to Covington and Powell.

The real question is: do that really want to build around three guards who are all 6'4" and under, or is this signally it's finally time to move on from CJ, either this week or over the summer?

It's Trade Szn, baby! Caris LeVert to Cleveland for Rubio's expiring, Cleveland's 1sr and Houston's 2nd. 

I think this will be enough to keep the Cleve competitive without Sexton while not giving up too much. Sounds like Sabonis and/or Turner deals could be coming soon, too.

When Philadelphia 76ers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey reached out to Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks on Jan. 11, they started with the usual pleasantries of basketball executives still a month away from Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

Who do you like on our roster? Here's who I like on yours.

Eventually, Morey spoke up on the true intention of his call.

"What about James?"

"James who?" Marks responded.

The Nets do have two James -- Johnson and Harden.

"James Harden."

"No," Marks said flatly.

That exchange four weeks ago represents the single, direct communication between Morey and Marks this season, sources told ESPN. However brief the conversation, messages were delivered in each direction: The Sixers planned a pursuit of Harden, and the Nets had no intention of surrender.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33236290/brooklyn-nets-flatly-dismissed-philadelphia-76ers-interest-james-harden-sources-say

Does James Harden actually make Philly more likely to win a title?

He looks like he's slowing down, and he has a long history of struggling to co-exist with fellow superstars (though he's working better with Durant) and he's owed a lot of money deep into his thirties.