DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Such a joy to watch Ja go viral every night. As a Bulls fans that went to Murray State it's been a hell of a year so far all around. Ja has that kids in his jerseys at every away game type of star potential. Good chance he starts the All Star game this year along side Curry. He is quite the culture builder as well; that team is about as together as a team can get.

To hop into a conversation from earlier, I would take 3 current players higher than Dream on the all time list. The two Fowler mentioned and... we don't talk about Kevin Durant's place in basketball history enough. No sign of slowing down there.

Edited by Jrag

Damian Lillard is having surgery to resolve a lingering abdominal issue and while they're not saying he's done for the year all signs point to him getting shut down.

I would guess we see McCollum shopped heavily before the trade deadline.

In retrospect making the conference finals a couple years back was probably a net negative for the franchise in terms of convincing them to stick with a core that just wasn't good enough to win a title.

11 hours ago, Jrag said:

Such a joy to watch Ja go viral every night. As a Bulls fans that went to Murray State it's been a hell of a year so far all around. Ja has that kids in his jerseys at every away game type of star potential. Good chance he starts the All Star game this year along side Curry. He is quite the culture builder as well; that team is about as together as a team can get.

To hop into a conversation from earlier, I would take 3 current players higher than Dream on the all time list. The two Fowler mentioned and... we don't talk about Kevin Durant's place in basketball history enough. No sign of slowing down there.

KD is definitely right on that same level, yeah. I kinda blanked on him and like later that night went "shit maybe Durant too" but figured I had already probably triggered Kurt.

I was never bothered by him going to Golden State, but I think it did hurt his legacy to a lot of people. But 25 years from now people are just gonna see the numbers and two rings.

The Atlanta Hawks are trading Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for Kevin Knox in a swap of former first-round draft selections, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Atlanta also will receive a protected first-round draft pick via Charlotte, sources tell Wojnarowski, while the Knicks will acquire veteran forward Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn.

On 1/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, RIPPA said:

The Pistons are getting Bol Bol from the Nuggets for Rodney McGruder and a 2022 second-round pick (via the Brooklyn Nets)

The Pistons have voided the deal because Bol Bol failed his physical

I think Steph is a Top 10 player of all-time, even though I do not have a list. But he changed basketball more than any other player has in decades. Steph’s influence is just insane. Basketball is completely different than it was 10 years ago and his fingerprints are all over that.

But the thing that is overlooked regarding Steph is one of the all-time most selfless players. He sets such a ridiculous amount of screens and the like for a player his size. It just unlocks everything. He weaponsizes his “gravity” more than any other player.

He has been a pleasure to watch. We may have gotten way too three-heavy, but Steph and Golden State are also all about selflessness and passing and finding the best shot. It’s the Spurs formula but with the two best jump shooters who ever lived. We are blessed to have been able to watch them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So you’re saying there’s a chance …

I mean, would you want to deal with Kyrie's insanity for 10 months out of the year?  We probably only see 3% of the insane shit that he says/does. 

Expect Frank Vogel to be fired any minute now

Frank Vogel was coaching for his job on Monday vs. Utah, according to Bill Oram and Sam Amick of The Athletic, who hear from sources that there’s a real chance the Lakers‘ head coach would’ve been let go if the team’s losing streak had extended to four games last night.

Oram and Amick report that Vogel “narrowly avoided being fired” after the Lakers’ 37-point loss to Denver on Saturday and that he continues to be evaluated on a game-to-game basis, meaning he’ll likely remain firmly on the hot seat going forward. It’s not clear to what extent Monday’s victory relieved the pressure on him, The Athletic’s duo writes.

The Lakers’ decision-makers are keeping a close eye on the situation and monitoring whether Vogel still has “command of the locker room,” per Oram and Amick.

Vogel has been under pressure for much of 2021/22 campaign, with Lakers executive Kurt Rambis informing the coaching staff in the fall that there was a mandate to right the ship after an underwhelming start to the season, sources tell The Athletic.

Shortly after Rambis conveyed the front office’s message, Vogel entered the health and safety protocols and missed six games. The Lakers went 1-5 under David Fizdale and then won four straight games when Vogel returned, which seemed to bode well for his job security. However, that streak was followed by three consecutive losses, including Saturday’s embarrassing blowout in Denver.

The Lakers, projected in the preseason as the favorites to come out of the West, currently have a 22-22 record and are in play-in territory at No. 7 in the conference.

Los Angeles has had to deal with a series of injuries that have hindered the team’s forward momentum. LeBron James has missed 11 games; Anthony Davis has been unavailable for 17 games and hasn’t played since December 17; and Kendrick Nunn, who got most of the team’s taxpayer mid-level exception in the summer, has yet to make his debut.

If the Lakers continue to fall short of their expectations, Vogel would be a convenient scapegoat. Despite leading the franchise to a championship in 2020, he had just one year tacked onto his current contract when he signed an extension in the offseason, so he’s only locked up through the 2022/23 season.

More fun with the Lakers

Frank Vogel benched Russell Westbrook down the stretch of yesterday's game since... well... Russ sucks

Vogel was given the okay prior from management to do so.

So Russ did what clearly any mature individual would do and stormed off the court with 9 seconds left and then left the arena without speaking to reporters

Surely someone wants a 3&D who shoots 40% from 3, great defense, can drive and finish with contact, and has a perfectly round face. C’mon.

Also, apparently Miami wants Christian Wood?

And LOL

we’ll take Westbrook and a couple 1sts for John Wall just for the LOLZ

Seriously. Even with the big comeback, it should've been done and dusted, put to bed, etc. when they were up 6 with less than 11 seconds to go. Brutal/awesome.

This has high meme potential. I just turned on the 4th quarter and LeBron looked dominant. Back to back steal and dunks (think Harden gave away both, def the second, with lazy passes) and then a block on consecutive defensive possessions. The versatility and longevity are unworldly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1