DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

He's only the 5th NBA Jersey I have ever bought . 

I’m almost at that choice, too. 

Am I crazy for thinking he is Iverson 2.0? They have the same frame, the same freakish athleticism, the same ability to rise to the moment, finishing ability, court vision, desire to step on throats, etc. While not nearly the moment-in-time of AI crossing Jordan, Ja in his fourth game as a pro blocker Kyrie’s shot at the buzzer and talked so much shit after it was golden. If Ja’s three-point shot is legit, and he levels up on defense (and he does try), then he is a MVP candidate, if he is not already.

He doesn’t have AI’s star power, but only Jordan and LeBron and Kobe had more than AI, and I am even thinking Iverson was a bigger star in their primes than Kobe.

But Ja seems like a good teammate and small-town kid. We are in an age where players learn about sleep cycles and high-end nutrition, and rolling 25-deep to the TGI Friday’s next to the practice facility (which AI really did) before speeding off in a Bentley to play blackjack and drink until 7 AM is now frowned upon. 

Like... that dude is the future. I know Luka is the crowned generational talent. But Ja might end up being the best player of his generation. It’s also cool as shit he is on Memphis, because the NBA should always have a huge star and good team in a small market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Are the coaches getting together for orgies? What is going on?

Basically every single team has at least one player - if not more - who has tested positive.

It just so happens that all the coaches are popping at the same time (add in holiday visits probably didn't help too)

Look at it this way - Frank Vogel has been on since Dec 19 so theoretically he should be off any minute now.  Billy Donovan went on 6 days ago. The NBA - as far as I can tell - is still doing 10 day isolation for coaches (it is only players that it was reduced to 5). With that much time you are bound to have spikes of certain groups

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Post-injury/Boston Rondo might be the most roll the dice, who knows what you'll get player I can ever remember. Like, he almost completely tanked a Dallas team and did the most blatantly selfish stat padding I've ever seen in Sacramento, but he also singlehandedly had a not very good Bulls team on the verge of shocking the Celtics in the playoffs that one year, and there's no way L.A. won the bubble title without him playing as well as he did.

He might save Cleveland's season, or he might topple them into a top five pick. Who knows?