DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Goran Dragic is apparently done in Toronto.  He's gone home to Slovenia to deal with family matters. (big heavy quotes there)

Toronto wants to trade him, but the only place he wants to go, aside from back to Miami, is Dallas.  And they're probably going to give pennies on the dollar, if that. 

So, the expectation is, he'll sit out until the trade market heats up, or he gets bought out. 

I was at KPJ's 50 point game last year.  He's a peculiar cat, but he's not a stat obsessed ghoul like Westbrook.  Good for him, and good for Sengun to have the awareness to not catch that rebound.

Sengun Rookie of the Year!

Get well Jalen. 

Also Garrison Mathews is better than Steph Curry.

Makes sense for everybody, as much as trading for John Wall can make sense.  I wonder what kind of draft stuff Houston will ask for to take Fournier's awful contract.

I feel terrible for Kemba that his body gave out just when he got to play in his hometown.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In news that will excited @Lawful Metal- apparently the Knicks and Rockets are discussing some sort of trade that would involving swapping Kemba Walker and John Wall

Contract wise I have no idea how it’ll work since Wall makes 40 mil and Kemba makes like 9. 

Is the corpse of Kemba better than the corpse of DJ Augustin at backup PG?

I’m happy with KPJ starting right now.

Oh I should mention this because it is already confusing me in stories

Enes Kanter has officially become a US citizen and in doing so immediately did the most American vanity thing possible - he changed his name to Enes Kanter Freedom

So you know see headlines like "Freedom offers to talk to Lebron about China"

• Haha 1

It does appear that Lebron tested positive for COVID - he was placed in the protocol so he is out 10 days unless he has two negative tests in a 24 hour period. (While not confirmed most reports say that Lebron did test positive and is vaccinated - otherwise he would have a different protocol applied to him)

The Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat will each lose their next available 2nd round pick due to "impermissible discussions with representatives of the players ahead of the opening of free agency" (players in question where Lonzo Ball and Kyle Lowry)

The Heat put out a statement still claiming they did nothing wrong while the Bulls statement was "Thank Fucking Christ this is over"

Bam Adebayo suffered a torn UCL in his hand.  (ow)

He's undergoing surgery, no timelines provided on his return.  Though this sort of injury can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to recover from. 

Memphis - 145

OKC - 67

73 points is the new biggest margin of victory in NBA history (old record was 68 points)

Memphis at one point lead by 78 which is the largest lead in a game since at least 1996-1997

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Memphis - 145

OKC - 67

73 points is the new biggest margin of victory in NBA history (old record was 68 points)

Memphis at one point lead by 78 which is the largest lead in a game since at least 1996-1997

152-79 final. Ridiculous.

EDIT: This also means OKC now has both the largest road loss and largest home loss (by 57 to Indiana) in NBA history.

Shams and co at the Athletic say Dame has lost patience with Portland and wants the team to trade for Ben Simmons so that is fun

Sources tell the authors that the front office, under recently fired general manager and president of basketball operations Neil Olshey, set a framework of a deal that would have sent CJ McCollum, a first-round pick and either Nassir Little or Anfernee Simons to Philadelphia in exchange for Simmons. The Sixers reportedly countered by asking for McCollum along with multiple draft picks and future draft swaps, which Portland turned down.

It’s not clear if that offer is still on the table or if any major deal will be made before Olshey’s replacement is hired, according to Charania and Amick.

• Thanks 1