DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Name wise, there are zero good sponsored sports venues. 

Anybody remember Overstock.com Coliseum?

That ones named RingCentral Coliseum, now. 

I still refer to it as Oakland Coliseum. 

I was just in New Orleans and they're all in mourning because it's now the Caeser's Superdome.   Every arena in Miami is now named after a crypto exchange.  

Welcome to what the Brits had to go through psychologically 5 years ago when every shirt sponsor became a betting house. 

And it will always be Joe Robbie Stadium to me. 

I realize that since I am old and out of touch my fondest memories will be of when, I thought, things were as they should be.

But I seriously can't attach a happy memory to one corporate sponsored park.

Everything goes back to the "people named" parks.

And I do understand that places like Wrigley Field are named after companies.

But the original company was named after an actual human person.

Yeah, corporate culture/sponsorship sucks, but money...

• Like 1

At Heat-Wizards right now.  DWade was just giving a quick interview promoting his new book.  

As soon as he was done Haslem quickly ran over and shoo'ed him off the court. Lol

I love this team.

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Luke Walton has been shown the door

Alvin Gentry is taking over as interim head coach.

Also at the Kings' game last night a courtside fan threw up so much that they had to stop the game for 15 minutes to clean it up, which is the most interesting thing that's happened at a Kings' game so far this year.

Wild moment in Detroit as LeBron James elbowed, then punched, Isaiah Stewart in the face. Stewart wore an impressive crimson mask and FLIPPED OUT. He repeatedly before away from people holding him back and knocked some NBA officials to the floor. He's looking at a long suspension. 

But it should not be forgotten that James hit him twice intentionally with incredibly dirty shots.  National TV and ESPN lackeys immediately went into covering for LeBron with frequent quotes of "well, we don't know what happened before" and "hard to tell if it was intentional". ESPN has a headline on their site saying LeBron "swiped" Stewart. Pretty amazing to see the lack of objectivity so blatantly displayed. 

Edited by Tabe

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

Wild moment in Detroit as LeBron James elbowed, then punched, Isaiah Stewart in the face. Stewart wore an impressive crimson mask and FLIPPED OUT. He repeatedly before away from people holding him back and knocked some NBA officials to the floor. He's looking at a long suspension. 

But it should not be forgotten that James hit him twice intentionally with incredibly dirty shots.  National TV and ESPN lackeys immediately went into covering for LeBron with frequent quotes of "well, we don't know what happened before" and "hard to tell if it was intentional". ESPN has a headline on their site saying LeBron "swiped" Stewart. Pretty amazing to see the lack of objectivity so blatantly displayed. 

It took me until this morning to find an actual angle that showed what really happened. It was an intentional shot, but I feel like they didn't want to show that during the scuffle.  Stewart was absolutely going to end Bron's life if he could. Haven't seen anyone in a Detroit jersey bust through a line like that in years.

• Haha 1

Lebron got a game, Stewart two

James was suspended for "recklessly hitting"

Stewart was suspended for "escalating an on-court altercation by repeatedly and aggressively pursuing"

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Lebron got a game, Stewart two

James was suspended for "recklessly hitting"

Stewart was suspended for "escalating an on-court altercation by repeatedly and aggressively pursuing"

Those are incredibly light penalties.  Stewart would have gotten 20+ games in MLB for all the NBA-paid people he knocked around.

This seems to me like the NBA deciding on a punishment for Lebron ("give him a game and hope nobody yells too much") and then basing Stewart's off of that ("well, it's gotta be more than Bron Bron's but we can't make it look too crazy...").

• Thanks 1