DVDVR Message Board

Saturday Dynamite - 10/16/2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Dragon v Fish really hooked me. Real good fire from both. Danielson is flying along and Bobby is a hake of a guy.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

OH!  The Miro thing was fucking awesome.  "I will not be with my wife until God makes me champion again."  SO fucking great.

If he had only ripped off the cross...

Anyway, this card was fucking tremendous. Danielson/Fish might be the one everyone talks about but Black/Martin is the best one. That is proof that the one thing that makes wrestling work is SELLING. IN LARGE AMOUNTS. ALWAYS. 

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, elizium said:

Really great episode, though I could have done without Jericho calling PVZ a bitch and bimbo and doing the "I bet you really want to sleep with me" thing.

When does Miro get the big belt?

Lame as per usual from babyface Jericho.  He's a fun heel, and a cliche of a teenage boy as a babyface.  

Sammy's mic work could use some work too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I am immediately worried about the outcome of the Hangman/Omega match based on the Title Eliminator brackets.

On the one hand, you’ve got the 2 year story with Omega and Hangman and it’s built up to this moment. On the other, you’ve got the new story of Danielson wanting to see who the best is between him and Omega. I know Danielson is the shiny new toy and a big star, but even he said the reaction last week was bigger than his pop or Punk. So, which way do you go? Or do they swerve and go with a heel Mox versus newly crowned champion Hangman?

You wouldn't even have to turn Mox long-term heel.  Just have Mox see Hangman as an unworthy champion, not mentally tough enough, and leads to a battle for respect in a hardcore match.  Ends with a handshake and Mox goes back face.

Beating Omega makes you champ.  Beating Mox makes you in AEW.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 2

Awesome show tonight. Dante/Black ruled as the opener. Dante looked great, managing to hit lots of his big spots throughout until falling short in the end. Glad to see the Inner Circle back together after randomly branching off for awhile.  Wasn't sure about the masked FTR bit at first but ended up really liking it. Here they came off very Midnights-esque completed with the new theme. I hope they get a real run and get to do a decent amount of stuff actually in AAA, feel like that could be real fun.  Loved the little Serena/Shida bit, nice to see that feud continue.  Great finishing stretch in the trios tag, crowd was super hot for all the Dark Orders big moves. Surprised Cody/Black 3 is already next week, but I enjoyed Cody's Rocky coaching. Sting running off MJF was fun. Kiera Hogan looked excellent as always, she was such a great heel in her last Impact run that I almost forget she can be quite the good babyface too. Epic Miro vignette and really good Hangman promo.  This show was filled with good stuff all throughout. Topped off with another fantastic Bryan main event, Fish looked good as well. Bryan/Dustin should be incredible next week, a shockingly first time ever match. Definitely see Moxley/Bryan as the tournament final.

Also enjoyed Punk having his best commentary night yet IMO with some great little bits. Complimenting Serena on "having a fantastic head of hair" then having to ask if Kiera Hogan had "any relation.." leading to Tony asking if he meant Ben Hogan the golfer, Hogan's Heroes, or Paul Hogan.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Also enjoyed Punk having his best commentary night yet IMO with some great little bits. Complimenting Serena on "having a fantastic head of hair" then having to ask if Kiera Hogan had "any relation.." leading to Tony asking if he meant Ben Hogan the golfer, Hogan's Heroes, or Paul Hogan.

To go with the Serena Deeb head of hair:

LOL.

• Like 5

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
11 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

I told ALL OF YOU to Boo this man, and you didn't. THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE.

If this isn't the time and plaice for fish and dragon puns I don't know when and where is. I'll try and scale it back in future. 

I don't think that I've said this here before, but I really think the performer who most benefitted from becoming a weekly character on AEW was Hangman. I always thought he was a guy with a good look (maybe too much of a pretty boy to be a "Hangman") and a bunch of cool moves. But being featured in disjointed ROH TV, he was just....lacking. Saw him wrestle live a few times and thought he was a great athlete but I didn't really care about him. And now I pop like a schoolgirl at a Ricky Martin concert for him (props to whoever gets that reference lol). I'm really looking forward to see his eventual triumph, and how he's booked as a face champion. 

• Like 3

Jericho, to PVZ: "I wouldn't touch you with your husband's genitalia."

CM Punk: "I don't think that's true."

Thought Punk was the best he'd been on commentary tonight. Also loved how after the "Daniel Bryan" slip he defended JR, saying "so they see it's not just you"

• Like 11

Loved how much shit Johnny Hungee aimed at Adam Cole, also that they made Alex Reynolds look pretty good before he inevitably lost. If you watch BTE you know they have a little feud going with Cole over Boobs and long hair.

• Like 5

I think this is the first time I watched some Dynamite live. Black vs Martin was everything. Wow. On his A game, it feels like no understatement to say that Malakai Black is AEW's Taker.

Las Super Ranas ?. That brainbuster looks like death.

Yeah the IC promo on ATT didn't really go that well, ultimately it's not like we thought Jericho is really hip to 2021. Guevara's promo was a bit wtf, but I guess it got over the idea that he's a young kid far more interested in kicking ass than talking about it.

I was disappointed to see Dark Order lose again but I felt like they got enough that it was ok; Superkliq is Superkliq - I still feel they've got to go somewhere with DO eventually though.