Saturday Dynamite - 10/16/2021

Tournament bracket announcement

Anxious Millennial Hangman interview

Dragon vs Fish

Lucha Bros vs A Masked Team of Andrade's acquaintance

Mox vs Wheeler

Hogan (not.that one) vs Penelope

Dante vs Malakai

I have marked out so much today (Bryan vs MiSu, etc, plus the stuff I posted in the pics and merch threads). Hopefully i can still get it up tomorrow morning (my time) for Saturday Dynamite.

We don't know who half of the competitors are and the AAA titles in AEW only pop up as meaningful once a year or so when they're defended. So not really, especially if they're trying to draw eyes on an off night but I have a feeling they're largely conceding these two weeks, as they've done before. 

15 minutes ago, EVA said:

If Malakai vs. Brock Anderson was a main event, Malakai/Dante definitely is, in the AEW booking paradigm anyway.

Yeah and that episode wasn't very good iirc. Like the last of the really disappointing dynamites.

• Like 1

The excellent Seagulls debut is sorta obscured by those cuts, but the songs, yes, they ought to be heard regularly.  

Stakes are a bit higher after last night's pretty blowaway show, but I like this line-up.  Who are we getting in the tag match?  I did hear that they had a nice battle with Laredo Kid and Vikingo in Meh-hee-CO recently.  Love to see Vikingo finally find his way to the Elite roster.  Somebody mentioned 2.0 under hoods and I'd be more than game for that too.  I felt a bolt of excitement during that Dante-Malakai segment last week and expect this to shine.  I'm also really into the idea of a Wheeler Yuta-Moxley match.  Here's hoping Kiera Hogan gets a nice showing.  Danielson is on such an incredible run right now that a dance partner like Fish will no doubt equal something pretty special.  Pro Wrestling!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

By losing this match, the Dark Order will definitely keep the Superkliq from interfering in the Omega/Hangman match a month away. What was that nonsense? ?

While AEW has been very by the book with results, it actually wouldn't stun me if Dark Order won this one (revenge for the elimination match, and positive momentum for Hangman, possibly with Hangman thwarting Super Elite interference).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Z said:

While AEW has been very by the book with results, it actually wouldn't stun me if Dark Order won this one (revenge for the elimination match, and positive momentum for Hangman, possibly with Hangman thwarting Super Elite interference).

I hope you're right. Bucks could afford to drop a fall and the Dark Order have been feeling extra jabroni lately.

Yeah dude, Danielson is not of this Earth. Unreal.

Beyond that, I really liked the Sting/MJF segment and the ladies' match the most from tonight's show. 

Edit: that's a lie. I almost forgot Hangman's promo. I got choked up for that one, man. 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

Just now, Gordberg said:

And now that we have definitive proof that a Dragon is stronger than a Fish, the next logical step for Bobby is to challenge Taz's son.

Because Fish vs Hook is a natural rivalry. 

you know if this was WWE-related, Vince would team them and call them FishHook.

That Page promo.

Is the Inner Circle headed for another Blood and Guts match? I can see the MMA fighters saying "This is a cage. We fight best in a cage", and the Inner Circle showing that um, things are slightly different in a blood and guts cage.

• Like 2