DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Knox was perfect in PWG where the rules in tag matches aren't really enforced nor expected to be enforced. When he actually has to pretend to care, yeah... He's struggled. The subplot of him being a low key Bucks stooge is at least funny and convincing enough. 

edit: autocorrect is my friend 99% of the time, lol.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

AEW wants the refs to be "bad", because a lot of the highspots in these tag matches are technically kayfabe-illegal.

I'd go farther and say pro wrestling in general needs refs to be "bad", so the heels can get away with things and get heel heat. But anything can be overdone, and I think AEW is currently at that point.

• Like 1

Gotta say I really like Starks on commentary, mostly because he doesn't try to do too much.  Picks his spots and tries to add a wrestler's point of view or some kind of insight when he does talk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

Knox was perfect in PWG where the rules in tag matches aren't really enforced nor expected to be enforced. When he actually has to pretend to care, yeah... He's struggled. The subplot of him being a low key Bucks scrooge is at least funny and convincing enough. 

Knox was fine in LU as well, but the rules were cared about even less there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (BP) said:

That’s on Dave. It should be a hiring requirement for referees to report any evil twins or dopplegangers. 

What's a "Dave Hebner"?  I only know Earl and some unfortunate schmuck that the Million Dollar Man paid to get facial surgery to resemble Earl.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, A_K said:

Danielson is a very chill guy. Comes across very sincerely & entirely without drama. Will be interesting to see how they position him if/when they put the belt on Page.

1st title defense.  I could see Bryan putting him over, perhaps in his first actual loss.

• Like 1

I have never noticed Remsburg doing anything other than being a ref in every single match he's been in. If it weren't for all of the Twitter and gif spamming from a couple days ago, I would have never even seen what reactions Remsburg even had, which is probably the first time I found posting a ton of tweets or gifs useful.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:29 AM, matwarz said:

Punk laying in body slams like old man Fuchi is legit my favourite thing in pro-wrestling right now 

Taz really selling them on commentary is great, too.  He and Jericho went on about how it's viewed as a simple move but can really mess you up last week.  Taz is just really good at getting moves over in general.  I like when a commentator is a former wrestler and can explain exactly how something hurts.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Log said:

Taz really selling them on commentary is great, too.  He and Jericho went on about how it's viewed as a simple move but can really mess you up last week.  Taz is just really good at getting moves over in general.  I like when a commentator is a former wrestler and can explain exactly how something hurts.

For me, Taz and Don Callis are the best wrestling commentators. I wonder whether they'll have Callis' call Kenny Omega vs. Adam Hangman Page at Full Gear or have him at ringside instead? I think Hangman will kick out of the One Winged Angel. That will be such a holy shit moment as that finish is ultra protected. Only Ibushi got to kick out years ago. Legends in Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada never got to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

No, please don't. Counter the move, do something other than kicking out. 

Are you a never kick out guy or an extremely rare and 100% earned kick out guy? I think I'm a never kick out unless you are removing one person from their spot and passing the touch to the next. I don't think they should do it here,  because Omega is still going to be in the main event.  I love the idea of protected moves,  and think that protection should be treated as sacred. You can never get it back once its gone.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Are you a never kick out guy or an extremely rare and 100% earned kick out guy? I think I'm a never kick out unless you are removing one person from their spot and passing the touch to the next. I don't think they should do it here,  because Omega is still going to be in the main event.  I love the idea of protected moves,  and think that protection should be treated as sacred. You can never get it back once its gone.

There can be mitigating factors. Maybe it takes him a long time to crawl over to get the pin. Maybe he's cocky about it and takes too long. Maybe he's injured and can't get a good pinfall. Maybe he can't/doesn't hook the leg. Maybe the ref has to get into position. There's also a difference between a kick out and getting a foot on a rope. There's difference between getting a foot on the rope and grabbing the rope. Etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

There can be mitigating factors. Maybe it takes him a long time to crawl over to get the pin. Maybe he's cocky about it and takes too long. Maybe he's injured and can't get a good pinfall. Maybe he can't/doesn't hook the leg. Maybe the ref has to get into position. There's also a difference between a kick out and getting a foot on a rope. There's difference between getting a foot on the rope and grabbing the rope. Etc. 

Lol, I'm beginning to think you're in my brain. There is a way to protect moves and put a guy over for not being pinned. One of my favorite all time spots is Kawada eating a nasty Stan Hanson lariat that he the so hard he flew out of the ring. When he got back in Kawada was able to counter the next move with a kick and it really put over how unbelievably tough that Kawada was. He didn't have to kick out for him to make a huge gain in reputation, just surviving was enough. He ended up taking the fall,  but it really felt like he stood toe to toe with one of the all time toughest men in the history of the sport.

Unfortunately it's broken up into 3 parts in YouTube,  but this is the match if anyone wants to watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1