DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

It’s amazing how Omega and Reigns had kind of lapped the field for wrestler of the year, and then here comes Danielson like a tremendous machine to close the year with 3 months to go. And he’s had incredible matches with both those other guys! 

I’d like to think that “let’s go!!” hulk up during one of the final strike exchanges was Bryan Danielson, babyface character, but a big part of it is Bryan Danielson, dude, being geeked out as hell that he’s doing this right now.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 4

I saw Tay/Santana and thought it was terrible.  Garrett did not perform well here at all.  Damn, she was slow and looked like she got lost a time or two.

Matt/Punk was a lot of fun where both guys looked really good.  I can see MS being somewhat elevated here even with the loss.  By now clout and winning streak should get Punk a next level opponent.  Maybe Cody, soon?  

I’m lukewarm on Bobby Fish.  Moriarty looked great.  Match was fine.  

I’ll watch the rest later when the family isn’t nagging me to go on a goddamn hay ride.

I love you AEW.

Edited by Brandon Bones
Reasons.
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

I saw Tay/Santana and thought it was terrible.  Garrett did not perform well here at all.  Damn, she was slow and looked like she got lost a time or two.

It's interesting to go back and watch their match against one another in NXT and then this one. In the previous match, both are kinda slow, tentative and it looks really rehearsed. In this one, I think Tay looked far better. Maybe Santana has a little ring rust.

• Like 2

Holy shit. That was probably the best Rampage yet. The buy in fucking ruled too. I thought everything was really good and then came AmDrag vs MiSu. Those two were like, let's show all you motherfuckers how it's done. It was the most PRO WRESTLING MOTHERFUCKERS match ever.

Then we're treated to a Rampage where everything was great. It's funny that a day after Roman says Punk has lost a step or two that Punk and Sydal put on a great fucking match of their own. That had to have been Punk's best match since the match vs Cena on Raw.

Dudes. Bunny vs Ruby was fucking fire. My wife happened to watch the Punk match and this one with me before going to bed. She is normally freaked out by everything in wrestling and these two matches, the Ruby one in particular really made her freak out. Bunny looked so good in the ring, Ruby looked as good as usual. Man, I really like AEW's women's division. That moneyball approach sure did work out. 

Main event was fine. JDS looked a little silly on offense because when you're a killer striker it's hard to throw a working punch, but his selling was pretty good. Jericho getting beat down was good. Honestly, if I had a legit complaint, it would be playing Santana and Ortiz's music even they came out. Play their music AFTER they run off the heels.

And again, PVZ looks like a total star. If she had any working ability whatsoever, I'd say sign her in a heartbeat, but I also think she's making a fuckton doing the bare knuckle fighting thing. PVZ, you're just not a very good fighter, but you could be a legendary pro wrestler. 

• Like 3

Oh, as for Bobby Fish, I still think he's way better in tag matches. Now that Garcia is apparently #allelite, pair up Garcia and Fish as almost a ReDDragon team, but obviously one that will stretch the fuck out of you since Garcia isn't the striker that KOR is. 

As far as Fish goes, they could do a lot worse for a midcard gatekeeper. He’s a good hand, but he’s also smart. I think he had Moriarty do the arm work last night to protect himself a bit tonight since he’s almost certainly tapping to either the LeBell lock or Cattle Mutilation. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

It’s amazing how Omega and Reigns had kind of lapped the field for wrestler of the year, and then here comes Danielson like a tremendous machine to close the year with 3 months to go. And he’s had incredible matches with both those other guys! 

I’d like to think that “let’s go!!” hulk up during one of the final strike exchanges was Bryan Danielson, babyface character, but a big part of it is Bryan Danielson, dude, being geeked out as hell that he’s doing this right now.

Wrestler of the Year is between Kenny Omega, Roman Reigns, Bryan Danielson, Shingo Takagi and Hiroshi Tanahashi. I'd give it to Bryan Danielson with the matches against Roman Reigns but mainly for the matches vs. Kenny Omega I gave ***** to and Minoru Suzuki which I'd likely give ***** to as well.

Edited by The Natural

19 hours ago, Gordberg said:

I think if someone doesn’t enjoy Lambert’s angry grandpa act, there’s a pretty good chance that they are an angry pro wrestling grandpa.

Anybody know what Cornette's response has been to Lambert lampooning his lame bullshit? SEARCH ANSWER EDIT

I'm with everybody on Danielson-Suzuki!  Excellent evening of pro wrestling.  The Punk's lost any ring rust comments are right on the money.  JTTSydal continues to quietly be an important piece of the AEW puzzle.  I was hoping for a Riho save on the Ruby beatdown.  Ruby's a fun bumper.  Six man was terrific and very much agree with @DEANon Hager.  He worked so well with Dos Santos in particular.  JDS helped make that table spot one of the better breaks I remember seeing in the last while.  Guevarra was a lightning bolt in that match.  Raising the action to a feverish pitch every time he got in there.  Fish-Moriarty was really strong down the stretch.  Fish seems to lack audience connectability at points, but maybe he's just better suited for tag action.  That said, I like him as a low card JTTS act.  In due time the sky shall be the limit for the talented young Lee Moriarty.  Happy to have him on the team.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I was hoping for a Riho save on the Ruby beatdown.

I think Riho is in Japan at the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

I think Riho is in Japan at the moment.

That was a bit weird how Ruby was talking about having no friends and how she's happy to be a loner mere weeks after tagging and hugging with Statlander and Riho.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think anyone thought Rampage at 10pm was actually going to outrate Smackdown at 8pm. That's not a sensible comparison.

Edit: And don't WWE (allegedly) usually leak the fast demos? Interesting that they don't seem to have here. 

Edited by RunningFromAmerica

35 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Final watings on monday.

The buy-in on Youtube has more views than Rampage- though I guess folks have watched the buy-in a few times.

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

The buy-in on Youtube has more views than Rampage- though I guess folks have watched the buy-in a few times.

Youtube also has global viewers as well.

Andrew Zarian said expect the final rating for SD to be above million, because it aired on local channels in NYC and Chicago.