DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 10/12/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I agree and that makes me a little sad since the Hit Row group promo last week was hot fire.

"And when I beat you for it, the only way you're gonna see this title... is on Friday nights."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Ivy Nile looked pretty good for a first match.

It's a stroke of genius giving Ivy the Torture Rack as a finisher.   I'm looking forward to seeing her snap Charlotte Flair's spine in half next April. 

Ivy's squat torture rack was a nice looking finisher. Diamond Mine are fantastic so here's hoping they don't get fucked up.

Escobar/Scott was really good and a nice send off for Swerve. I didn't see that end result coming and it made total sense. Gave Adonis a nice bump and set up a new feud.

Something WWE does a lot that's really annoying is having a wrestler go to the ring and stand around with their music playing while they show an interview or backstage segment with someone else totally unrelated to the match. Tonight Wagner and ORiley went to the ring then they cut to that lame daytime talk show segment while they were just standing in the ring waiting for their opponents. I get that with a taped show it's not a big thing, but it just looks dumb.

Ivy's torture rack is a really good choice of a finish for her.  She's so cute and tiny but her biceps and shoulders say otherwise, and she needs opportunities to display her deceptive power.  She is a nuclear powered Tinkerbelle with a really horrible attitude.  I approve.

Grats to Melo on his new championship and yet another title transferred from black dude to black dude.   Swerve / Escobar ended well but the start was kinda meh.  No blood feud blow off match for a championship should start off with collar and elbow tie-ups.   

Edited by J.T.

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's a stroke of genius giving Ivy the Torture Rack as a finisher.   I'm looking forward to seeing her job to Charlotte Flair multiple times in the next couple years

FYFP.  Sorry but if they can't figure out what to do with Shayna Baszler then I don't see much of a future on the main roster.  Not saying she isn't talented as hell.  Hell she has a bigger upside on the main roster than Roderick Strong frankly.   but there is a limit with that division.  

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There's no need for the profanity @LoneWolf&Subs, he's just a bot. 

One day, someone's going to need to clarify who's allowed to rush to be first and spam multiple pictures and tweets across multiple threads, and who's "just a bot".

• Haha 1

I like that even in NXT 2.0 the NXT parking lot continues to be the most dangerous place in WWE with half of Hit Row getting kidnapped before the show began.

Ciampa/Gacy was nice. I mostly fast forward through Gacy's promo, but I like what he has brought in the ring so far. He has a great insincere smile.

Ivy/Feroz was not a good match, but Nile looked impressive showing off her strength and ability to regain and/or maintain balance. Loved that torture rack. Jiro/Julius right after was fun little squash as well. Ivy and the Creed Brothers have some nice potential. Hopefully they get at least a year to develop in NXT before they are pulled to the main roster.

KOR/Wagner vs. Dunne/Holland was solid. Wagner is lacking character wise, but he is pretty decent otherwise.

Persia looked good in her tag with Indi. Looking forward to seeing what she and Indi do as a team.

Toxic Attraction and Raquel had some solid promos. Looking for forward to Mandy/Raquel at Halloween Havoc.

Swerve/Escobar was good. Dug Swerve attacking before the bell after what Legado pulled earlier. The post match stuff with Hayes was fine, but I can't say I'm happy. I really wanted Escobar as champ, and I kind of hate the breakout tournament getting turned in NXT's MITB. Takes away a bit from the latter.

Feels like the are gradually getting a better idea of who of the newer talents on tv can actually work and/or has potential. I do wish they would cut out a match/segment or two to give some more time to impress. not was bad this week, but most of it ran so quickly.

I am kind of confused in trying to figure out if the NXT crowd actually likes the new path of the product or they are just exposing them as phonies and would pop for paint drying as long as it is their paint that is drying

by the way you can see Triple H is out of favor with the company because they won't even let him do the "point at the new champion" mark photo anymore

Edited by hammerva

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am kind of confused in trying to figure out if the NXT crowd actually likes the new path of the product or they are just exposing them as phonies and would pop for paint drying as long as it is their paint that is drying

Maybe the people who hate the new direction aren't going, so those left are the ones that like it?

We are probably too used to the small percentage of obsessive fans who attend everything, whether they are enjoying themselves or not. 

Part of this show is confounding. You have someone like Mandy Rose who should be right in the mix with the Four Horsewomen, but she can't break through whatever glass ceiling is there. Bianca was the most successful at doing so, but even dropped the title in seconds to Becky. And now Mandy is getting used even better. Why couldn't she have done anything like this on the main roster? Bron and Diamond Mine are good. The rest is...boring?

The Carmelo cash in was done well if you take it in isolation, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why use it on the North American title? It's like someone using MITB to become Intercontinental Champion. I suppose you can handwave it and say that he's a heel now, so saw some easy prey and took his shot, and they did sew a bit of tension with Swerve, but it's still pretty stupid. Bron and Ciampa are having a gruelling title match soon, just show some patience and get the big belt.

Also, while I'm complaining, Mandy Rose was disturbingly orange. Maybe the red lighting didn't help, but that woman looked irradiated.