DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Queen For A Day - 10/11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Ricochet absolutely wiped Woods out on that dive over the post.

While WWE really really overuses putting future opponents/people who dislike each other on the same side in tag matches (really), I thought the women's tag match collapsing into chaos beforehand and shortly after they finally managed to start the match was the way it should end up going more often as opposed to how often said teams end up as tag champs.

Woods/Ricochet was nice. Hope Woods at least makes the finals.

Kofi/Jinder was alright.

Neither of the Queen's Crown matches were anything super note worthy with both being so short. Doudrop/Shayna would have me a lot more excited if Doudrop had a better gimmick, and they were actually given 10 minutes.

Charlotte/Becky vs. Bianca/Sasha was a fun chaotic match/segment. Kind of agree that it made a good a bit of sense just breaking completely before it even started with everyone involved hating each other,

E/Drew vs. Usos was fun. Was neat seeing the audience love the Usos so much.

Note to WWE, its obvious you don't give a shit about the women's tournament. Don't book the damn thing if you ain't actually going to put effort into it.

And please dear god in the name of all things good and holy, do not do what I think you're going to do and give us King Jinder. I'm sure he's a nice guy and people backstage like the guy. But god damnit he just sucks in every way possible. Finn, Woods, Film something backstage with Sami and make it look like he's there, literally EVERY OTHER OPTION IS BETTER. Please no Jinder

• Like 2

The prospect of King Jinder is not a good one.

I watched most of the show tonight. It's sad they don't care about the women what so ever because there could have been some decent matches for the crown.  The backed themselves into a corner on Smackdown with two heels going to the semi-finals.

At least the three way with Becky/Sasha/Bianca looks like it will be interesting. I loved the brawl with Charlotte tonight. The more chaotic it was...the better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peck said:

I've got Doudrop's song in my head. ☹️

It councils me, it understands, it talks to me… sorry, I couldn’t read that in any other way than Ortons theme!

Also “welcome back, welcome back” to Chucky.  Out of the wrestling game since 1998 but back and ready to go.  

4 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

Note to WWE, its obvious you don't give a shit about the women's tournament. Don't book the damn thing if you ain't actually going to put effort into it.

And please dear god in the name of all things good and holy, do not do what I think you're going to do and give us King Jinder. I'm sure he's a nice guy and people backstage like the guy. But god damnit he just sucks in every way possible. Finn, Woods, Film something backstage with Sami and make it look like he's there, literally EVERY OTHER OPTION IS BETTER. Please no Jinder

I want to like this more than once.

Edited by The Natural

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i was wondering why the crowd was so dead and then i read they only sold 3000 tickets for the show.  Might as well just go back to the Thunderdome

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i was wondering why the crowd was so dead and then i read they only sold 3000 tickets for the show.  Might as well just go back to the Thunderdome

You're not going to compete against a Giants home playoff game in town against their hated rival Los Angeles.

I'd put zero stock in that number.

Considering the KotR final is part of the Crown Jewel card, it'd be fairly dumb not to book Jinder into the finals and put him over.  I'm not that interested in a "King Jinder" push, but it's the right business call.  Putting the crown on Kofi or Xavier isn't going to do anything for either guy (not that it needs to).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peck said:

You're not going to compete against a Giants home playoff game in town against their hated rival Los Angeles.

I'd put zero stock in that number.

It was an away game and the advance was far weaker, they made up ground recently with 2 for 1 tickets. 

Whats it’s more about, for whatever reason, they cant draw in San Francisco right now. Two years ago when the chase center opened, raw and smackdown were two of the very first events in the arena. I was keeping a close eye on tickets just because I wanted to go to check out the new building. The shows ended up doing like 3500 each, in a brand new building. 

Smackdown in San Jose just did 5500 and raw in Sacramento next week is closing in on 7000. For whatever reason, the city of San Francisco itself is completely dead for wwe right now. I’ll be really surprised if they try booking the chase center again. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Why? Is Jinder really over in Saudi Arabia or something?

I thought they were going to India.  Not sure where I got that idea.  Obviously, I’m not paying close attention these days.  My bad.

10 hours ago, Eoae said:

I thought they were going to India.  Not sure where I got that idea.  Obviously, I’m not paying close attention these days.  My bad.

Fair enough. But didn't they learn during his title reign that Jinder isn't particularly over in India either? Or am I misinformed on that one?