DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021-22: PERIOD 1

Dolfan in NYC

Well Jesus Christ... it looks like we've got a legit, normal, regular season coming up!   (Yes, I know about the weeks off for Beijing, shut up.)  

Anyway, real hockey starts tomorrow!  I'm debating on getting the NHL Package as the Panthers are on US national TV... scarcely.  

And in news that should make @RIPPA pants-free for the day:  

That's a lot of Krona!  Good for Mika on cashing in. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well Jesus Christ... it looks like we've got a legit, normal, regular season coming up!   (Yes, I know about the weeks off for Beijing, shut up.)  

Anyway, real hockey starts tomorrow!  I'm debating on getting the NHL Package as the Panthers are on US national TV... scarcely.  

And in news that should make @RIPPA pants-free for the day:  

That's a lot of Krona!  Good for Mika on cashing in. 

I am pretty sure ESPN+ now streams just about every game for $7 a month so no need for Center Ice.

Edited by sabremike
  • Thanks 1

?????

TIL!

1) It's Weegar not Uyghur

2) How to spell Verhaeghe~

3) This team is going to make a fuckton of stupid mistakes and appears to have the firepower to bail themselves out of a lot of them. 

Dylan Larkin has been suspended over game for punching Mathieu Joseph last night. The punch was in retaliation for being crosschecked into the boards. Larkin is unable to practice and likely would have missed a game anyway from the hit the NHL had decided was legal. Completely ridiculous. 

The backstory is that Larkin spent 8 weeks in a cervical collar after Jamie Benn hit him across the neck in a dirty play that ended Larkin's season last year - another play the NHL decided was legal. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 1:16 AM, Tabe said:

Also, the ESPN app is wretched for watching NHL games. 

Hard to overstate how bad it is. Paused for a couple minutes - when it resumed, it started at the beginning of the game. When you fast forward, the timeline disappears after a chips seconds so you can't see how far you've fast forwarded. Half the time when fast forwarding, it ignores button presses and keeps on fast forwarding. No button shortcuts to skip to the beginnings of periods. 

And that's not even talking about the horrible user interface that makes it impossible to go in the past to watch a previous game (only the latest game for a team is available). And you can't hide scores. 

So, so bad. 

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Use Hulu, they stream everything there that ESPN+ has. 

--

So how 'bout them Panthers!

Unfortunately, it looks like I'd have to pay again for ESPN+ to get it through Hulu?  Also don't see a way to get the yearly price instead of monthly.

NHL Adjacent

Ilya Kovalchuk has been named the GM of the Russian Olympic Team

BTW - if you want to fell old, this is Russia's coaching staff. Head Coach is Alexei Zhamnov. Sergei Gonchar, Sergei Fedorov, Alexei Kudashov, and Evgeni Nabokov are all assistants

• Thanks 1