DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Kings of Queens - 10/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Btw @Elvion, not trolling but genuinely feel like I have to ask, with Smackdown stacking the FS1 show and putting in a 30 minute overrun - do you now accept that WWE are reacting to AEW above and beyond financial reasons i.e. Vince really doesn't want to have Smackdown outrated by Rampage, just because?

FWIW reading how everything after this went it does kinda come off like you were trolling, and when every so many months in the larger discussion threads people mention not wanting to participate in the WWE show threads because of negativity and people being let's say aggressive towards those that don't hate said shows they generally are referring to stuff like this.

I mention it as I'd wager there's probably a 50-50 shot you weren't trying to be a dick, so if you weren't then the fact that multiple people in this thread afterwards made comments about this suggests that you came off more dickish than you intended and in the future you can use this knowledge to avoid making that mistake again. If you were in fact trying to be a dick then... I guess please don't?

Anyways was glad that Rey and Sami got to have a match that actually got some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Ahh the SmackDown thread. Where people dick wave and point score over a ratings system 'war' between two companies they don't work for.

I apologize. Its my fault for taking the bait and then continuing on.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait, Black was banned from Saudi Arabia? Do they hate the Dutch as much as Skwisgard Skwigelf? 

From memory, due to his 'occult' ink it was thought to be a bit dicey to travel into the more Orthodox Middle Eastern states.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, username said:

FWIW reading how everything after this went it does kinda come off like you were trolling, and when every so many months in the larger discussion threads people mention not wanting to participate in the WWE show threads because of negativity and people being let's say aggressive towards those that don't hate said shows they generally are referring to stuff like this.

I mention it as I'd wager there's probably a 50-50 shot you weren't trying to be a dick, so if you weren't then the fact that multiple people in this thread afterwards made comments about this suggests that you came off more dickish than you intended and in the future you can use this knowledge to avoid making that mistake again. If you were in fact trying to be a dick then... I guess please don't?

Anyways was glad that Rey and Sami got to have a match that actually got some time.

1. I don't think these multiple people have said that I came off as a dick, but I get that when you get into something with a dick you can often look like a dick yourself to casual observers and this is broadly what has happened here. Nonetheless, I accept that this isn't a good look and in that sense the feedback is accepted. Tbh I should just have put Eivion on Ignore a few posts before. This is now the case and will be remaining so.

2. Ultimately I haven't said on this thread like 'Oh WWE is trash...why would anybody watch this?' or anything like that. Suggestions that I have are a false accusation and thus pretty erm... dickish, or at least suggest you're not paying the close attention such an intervention would merit. There's some good stuff on Smackdown sure. There has been, (earlier) this year, some pretty great stuff on Main Event, and I have drawn attention to that - so this accusation is just way off-base. If, and I emphasise, if, people are, as you imply, struggling to draw the distinction between aggressive criticism of the product and....discussion of topics that are somewhat more 'meta' (I personally doubt this)....then I would suggest the problem might be with them in all honesty. But that's fine...I'll ignore the Smackdown threads completely now and people can have their positive discussions about Smackdown....*looks at last week's thread*.....yeah maybe not though lol.

3. A few weeks ago, Eivion made some pretty dickish comments (I have quoted earlier in this thread) when someone suggested WWE's back is against the wall right now. When....they clearly are somewhat on the back foot at least and really don't like losing demo battles to AEW. I asked him because I was genuinely curious if he had revised his opinion, he answered, I gently pointed out a couple of problems with his answer that suggested that Smackdown was obviously going to outrate Rampage next week but said we'd see soon enough....and it kind of descended with his response to that. As I say, I should have just put him on Ignore at that point, and I apologise for not doing so. In all honesty, if people read the exchange and their take coming out of it is as you claim then I would invite them to use the same functionality.

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
  • Like 1

Dude, you've been asked to let it go, the other party doesn't want to engage, has asked NOT to, and you persist and ask like the superior party.

You're coming off like the huge dick here.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Dude, you've been asked to let it go, the other party doesn't want to engage, has asked NOT to, and you persist and ask like the superior party.

You're coming off like the huge dick here.

I am profoundly uninterested in the opinion of people who need to lie in order to make their points work.

Ultimately, if you want it be to be gone.....you let it go. Otherwise you're just being a massive hypocrite displaying the very thing you think I'm guilty of - a massive lack of self-awareness.

BUT in all sincerity no more posts in any Smackdown posts ever, starting right now. It's not a problem. Given that, anyone who chooses to take a free shot can do so but will go on the ignore list permanently.

Edited by RunningFromAmerica

On 10/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, AxB said:

So the KotR finals are at Crown Jewel. And the Smackdown semi-final is Finn Balor vs Sami Zayn.

Sami doesn't go to Saudi, does he? He never has. Bit of a giveaway as to who is winning. And if Babyface Finn is the Smackdown finalist, the RAW finalist has to be a heel. And there's only one heel on the Raw bracket, Jinder Mahal.

So yeah. Finn vs Jinder for the KotR finals.

I personally want Xavier to be in the finals even though he's a face.  Dude's been pushing for it for years and if it were up to me I'd have him win the whole thing.  Plus with Kofi and Big E finding singles success it'd be a nice way to kick start his own path to future title wins.  As for Jinder I haven't been paying attention to Raw but I can see using heel tactics to get to the finals.

i am the one who said a lot of the changes such as Big E as WWE Champ were because WWE's back was against the wall and i stand by that.  That wasn't just about AEW closing the gap on RAW and also signing marquee names..  it was also about MNF coming back and RAW being in the gutter. 

On 10/10/2021 at 3:43 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Wait, Black was banned from Saudi Arabia? Do they hate the Dutch as much as Skwisgard Skwigelf? 

I haven't even thought of that show in years, but now that you mention it, it makes a ton of sense that they fill these shows with my favourite thing: Disappointment.