DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

That's a big drop in the demo.

I'm going to go ahead and blame Brian Cage. 

Fair.

But as much as I and other board denizens may like him, I don't think Ricky Starks is all that over either.

Yeah I would agree that Starks lost a lot of momentum. He's number 3 behind Hobbs and Hook in this group. Fact is, roster is a lot deeper than a year ago and I am not sure Starks does well out of that.

I was more making a joke than actually blaming Cage. It also potentially establishes that, as much as we might like Garcia, the demo maybe isn't that into Punk fighting glorified ham n eggers.

I finally finished watching my DVR of this show and I'm not surprised it didn't do so well.

The Punk-Garcia match was a very good opener but didn't really have any huge stand-out moments compared to some recent big matches. I guess pulling out a spike piledriver is a big move? 

The Lucha Bros/Acclaimed seemed like a stylistic mismatch, some pretty sloppy execution. Also, too damn many superkicks.

The women's match was a squash.

The FTW Philly Street Fight was a joke. I'm not huge into hardcore matches and the whole "unsactioned" since I mean this was a promoted match and is the main event of the show, always felt like some tortured logic. The best spot was Starks using the pool cue handle like he was making a shot. The worst part was throwing a garbage can full of "weapons" into the ring and then proceeding to do several minutes worth of normal wrestling moves, ignoring the plunder. If this is a brawl/street fight between two guys with a grudge, then make it so. I couldn't bring myself to care about anyone in this match.

5 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

There is no better tradition in our great sport than kneepads over jeans in a street fight.

Fuck yes.  Cowboy boots, jeans, kneepads over the jeans, and a t-shirt.  Preferably a country music related shirt that the wearer got for free.  Crockett style all day.

Why yes, I never missed a Bunkhouse Stampede. How did you guess?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Fuck yes.  Cowboy boots, jeans, kneepads over the jeans, and a t-shirt.  Preferably a country music related shirt that the wearer got for free.  Crockett style all day.

Handkerchief tied around the neck

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

But this is a Philly Street Fight, which would involve football or hockey jerseys, jorts, and huge white Nikes.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Where do we fall on weight belt vs. comically large belt buckle?

Finally got around to watching this.

Danielson is a perfect pro wrestler. I don’t think you will see many say the same about Punk. You can see Punk’s weaknesses, but I love the way his strengths play off of mat-based guys like Garcia. I would actually prefer to watch Punk/Garcia or Punk/Danielson over a Garcia/Danielson match if I had to chose.

That was Punk’s best performance since he’s been back. Best match too. Garcia could be great. He works smart for a guy his age.

Punk’s selling really adds another layer to these TV matches and I hope the boys in the back were watching. His slower pace is a such a breath of fresh air.

That piledriver looks so much better than your average AEW head drop. 

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 2