DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I could go for a good cheesesteak.  First few times I went to Pat's which I still love and one time trying Geno's I thought the cheese ruined the whole thing.  Tony Luke's is great but lost some appeal when I found a location in Ocean City.  Since then I heard of tons of other places to the point I need to go back to Philly sooner rather than later.  Man, now I want a cheesesteak, even if it's not Philly they're still kind of decent around here.

As for the show nice to see Punk challenge based off a few weeks ago.  Sure beats him just calling out random people for shits and giggles.

I'm in the post-cheesesteak phase of things. I know my John's Roast Pork + DiNic's but I need to get around to Nick's Roast Beef. I think I've had Cosmi's before but I could use a refresher. Last time was bahn mi at Ba Le. I tell ya. Good town for sandwiches.

I'm pretty sure they're running Punk/Garcia first. Getting tired of the big matches being the opener but if the crowd is gonna be burnt out for the last taped match I get it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

Also, also, if we're talking beef sandwiches, then italian beef >>>>>>> cheesesteak. Hell, you want cheese on your shredded or thin sliced beef? Then throw some cheese of that. That's what I do with italian beef. Still good!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AxB said:

4 matches on Rampage tonight, so either Jade is squashing Skye like a bug, or they're all going to be pretty short.

At this point it's safe to assume any singles match that Jade is in will be a squash. Even the triple threat last week didn't go on for that long, I was actually surprised it ended when it did. But yeah, the build-up for Jade as Britt's challenger at Full Gear marches on.

I'm excited about Punk vs. Garcia, hopefully it gets some time. I'm fine with everything else being relatively short in comparison, especially the tag title match since, while I like Max Caster's raps (yeah, sue me), the Acclaimed do nothing for me in-ring.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Ricky Starks bleeding ruled.  Daniel Garcia's extra tapping out after the hold is released is my favorite thing this week.

Ricky pulled out the blade in a very obvious way.  I couldn't believe they did not edit that out but not sure they could. 

• Like 4

Loved seeing the Anaconda Vice as the finisher.

Laughed out loud when the announcers started out the show with a  "What a great time to be a wrestling fan/The best time!" exchange. I concur!

Nitpick of the week: Rush's new gimmick is not distinct enough from Big Money Matt.

G1 less than 5 hours away!

I love days like these.

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, chriskbrown50 said:

Ricky pulled out the blade in a very obvious way.  I couldn't believe they did not edit that out but not sure they could. 

I got to look really smart to my wife when I told her Starks was going to come up bleeding, at least.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I got to look really smart to my wife when I told her Starks was going to come up bleeding, at least.

The weird thing to me - the blood was actually totally not needed. From the time he bladed until they went to the finish was what 2 minutes? The match was a 20 min match squashed into what a 13 min segment.