DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - The 2 Year Anniversary - 10/6/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
17 minutes ago, just drew said:

@supremebveiirc PAC has had multiple visa issues. He was stuck in Newcastle for months when lockdowns started…

A fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy ?

Really enjoyed Shida v Deeb, look forward to them running that back. 

Just now, ChrisPBacon said:

Wow, ive missed long term storytelling, so glad its back.  If Page really does dethrone Omega as the final to their awesome feud, im totally fine with Miro being the first person to get a shot at the belt, because "my god, looks down on alcoholics."

And something about how he rides horses and his wife rides him.

I support this booking. Nice one, @ChrisPBacon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt925 said:

36 minutes in to my west coast feed, not reading anything but I’m gonna see Daniel Garcia wrestle Minoru Suzuki 2 hours after the east coast watches him wrestle cm punk. Gotta say that’s pretty damn impressive. And awesome. 

I hope you had a blast. Was it great?

I was all in on going until it turned out LAD was playing the WC tonight. Garcia - Suzuki had me ready to get back to indoors entertainment, but baseball takes precedence, even over MiSu and Red Death.

1 minute ago, grilledcheese said:

I hope you had a blast. Was it great?

I was all in on going until it turned out LAD was playing the WC tonight. Garcia - Suzuki had me ready to get back to indoors entertainment, but baseball takes precedence, even over MiSu and Red Death.

Oh no, I mean on Friday in two days I’m going to the west coast pro show with Daniel Garcia vs Minoru Suzuki. Main event will start at 9pm pacific, midnight eastern. 2 hours earlier Daniel Garcia and cm punk will be wrestling on tv. I expect to have a blast. ?

17 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Oh no, I mean on Friday in two days I’m going to the west coast pro show with Daniel Garcia vs Minoru Suzuki. Main event will start at 9pm pacific, midnight eastern. 2 hours earlier Daniel Garcia and cm punk will be wrestling on tv. I expect to have a blast. ?

Yeah, the show in South City, right? I don't  know why I thought it would be tonight. Is this Garcia's first shot for them? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

Yeah, the show in South City, right? I don't  know why I thought it would be tonight. Is this Garcia's first shot for them? 

I believe so. Honestly I never heard of west coast pro before the last few months and I’ve been to two shows now. I’m wondering what happened to all pro wrestling. I had a dm convo with Markus Mac a few months ago and he was like when we can run shows we will. Well, now shows can be run in the Bay Area and I’ve been to multiple shows. West coast pro is bringing in a ton of people. 

• Like 1

Show was a blast, especially the opener and main

Is there a reason Garcia isn't #AllElite yet? Seems like half the roster wants to work with him, strange they haven't locked him as a proper roster member

It's a shame Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky are the guys they've paired into this Jericho vs MMA guys feud because they are both really mediocre and such a bad fit stylistically for it. The idea of Jericho vs Masvidal on PPV is something though.

• Like 1

Also, I can't wait for the epic Omega/Callis freak out about how Page can't get the title match because of losing the elimination match a few months ago. (Will this be the first thing they go back on a stipulation like that?)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also, I can't wait for the epic Omega/Callis freak out about how Page can't get the title match because of losing the elimination match a few months ago. (Will this be the first thing they go back on a stipulation like that?)

I think so.

Hell of an episode…

The ladder match was way better than their past attempt at this. It was a TV ladder match, and they needed to hit every car crash spot before 10 PM, which they did. They also teased some potential matches with men who haven’t faced each other yet in the company like OC Vs. Andrade, Mox Vs. Page, and Archer Vs. Page. Though I must say, I didn’t care for the logic of Andrade not grabbing the chip when he had his chance, but I accept Archer wanting to kill everybody before grabbing. That’s just his gimmick. Actually they should lean into that more.

Women’s match was great, and it looked like Deeb is being set up as a potential finalist in that TBS tournament, and maybe even champion.

I thought the Dan Lambert squad segment was one of their better ones, as the Top Team guys mauled a defenseless Sammy on the ground like they were a family of lions taking turns.

Speaking of Sammy… I enjoyed the TNT title match, and how the champion won convincingly over this first time outsider. As it should be. But if Fish is signed, and they are struggling to find him a spot, he’d fit perfectly with the Top Team guys. Because he just doesn’t stylistically fit in with The Elite, and probably that will never be the case, even though he’s friends with Cole in real life.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hell of an episode…

The ladder match was way better than their past attempt at this. It was a TV ladder match, and they needed to hit every car crash spot before 10 PM, which they did. They also teased some potential matches with men who haven’t faced each other yet in the company like OC Vs. Andrade, Mox Vs. Page, and Archer Vs. Page. Though I must say, I didn’t care for the logic of Andrade not grabbing the chip when he had his chance, but I accept Archer wanting to kill everybody before grabbing. That’s just his gimmick. Actually they should lean into that more.

Women’s match was great, and it looked like Deeb is being set up as a potential finalist in that TBS tournament, and maybe even champion.

I thought the Dan Lambert squad segment was one their better ones, as the Top Team guys really came off like killer mauling a defenseless Sammy on the ground like they were a family of lions taking turns.

Speaking of Sammy… I enjoyed the TNT title match, and how the champion won convincingly over this first time outsider. As it should be. But if Fish is signed, and they are struggling to find him a spot, he’d fit perfectly with the Top Team guys. Because he just doesn’t stylistically fit in with The Elite, and probably that will never be the case, even though he’s friends with Cole in real life.

I would definitely be down for Bobby Fish replacing Scorpio Sky as Ethan Page's partner. Scorpio as a heel just doesn't work, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

The stipulation was he loses his title shot, not that he could never challenge.

The never challenge stip was for the Dark Order and tag belts, and only applied to Bucks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, killsteve said:

Show was a blast, especially the opener and main

Is there a reason Garcia isn't #AllElite yet? Seems like half the roster wants to work with him, strange they haven't locked him as a proper roster member

Garcia doesn't want to be tied to down to any one company yet so they have him on a tier 1 contract where he's getting paid well, but he's not part of the official roster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Hos, it's missing an e. 

No, another s at the end! The Hoss title has finally become reality! ...I have a feeling somebody has already pointed this out, as that usually happens with something this obvious.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I would definitely be down for Bobby Fish replacing Scorpio Sky as Ethan Page's partner. Scorpio as a heel just doesn't work, imo.

I actually like Sky a lot with Page. Before 2Point0 got the gig, they were pretty great with Darby & Sting. They just don’t really  fit with Lambert’s crew on the surface, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were paired together because behind the scenes Scorpio is the one who is sparring with these Top Team guys to get them ready. So naturally he probably maneuvered themselves over to this angle thinking it’d be good exposure given all the celebrity athletes involved. That’s what I at least believed happened.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

What I watched:

Darby vs Comoroto: Two losses in two days for Comoroto, even against well-pushed guys like Cassidy and Darby is a bit of a shame. He feels like the sort of wrestler that Hogan would beat on a SNME. They should protect him a little more maybe? Match itself was fine, though it's rough to lose the heat of so many of these matches in the PIP. Best part of this whole thing was probably JR explaining Sting's no-sell of the Diamond Cutter by saying QT had terrible technique.

Deeb vs Shida: Liked this a lot. I thought Deeb's control segment (really a heat, I'd say, even though she didn't go full heel until the end) was very good. She kept things moving, kept them focused, kept them interesting, interacted with the crowd, felt very organic in what she was doing. The opening exchanges were good but had a little weird feel to them chemistry-wise. I'm not sure if that has something to do with Shida's almost lackadaisical way of moving at times or just the way the camera was catching things. It made the counters feel less smooth but also somehow less than spots. I'm not sure it fully made it over the line of being more effective for it though. The big moment at the end where Deeb started targeting the leg while Shida was stuck in the ropes on the apron was interesting because it was very novel and I'm not sure Shida exactly knew how to sell her leg until she made it back into the ring. After that, the finishing stretch was good, especially so because the match had stakes. Shida was protected well enough and there was a sense that Deeb had to go to some dark places to defeat her. I'm curious where they go with this. Shida almost has to get her 50th over Deeb now so they're going to be married for a bit.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Why are the Men of the Year associated with ATT? 

after they lose to the inner circle, ATT should go recruiting. Fish and Garcia fit the mold way better.

Cant wait for Garcia to troll everyone and sign with WWE

Lee Moriarty is another who could fit in perfectly. 

Ethan Page wasn't there because his wife was in the hospital.

One Page went on Paternity Leave the same day as the other returned from it.

What's the current fighting status of the ATT guys?  Masvidal is clearly still fighting in the UFC.  PVZ is doing the bare knuckle thing (and losing).  I don't know about Arlovski and JDS.  Kayla Harrison is still ragdolling people overseas?