DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - The 2 Year Anniversary - 10/6/2021

Dolfan in NYC

• Guess CM Punk didn't protest the GTH being a finisher.
  • Jericho paying homage to New Jack with "Fight while theme music plays incessantly"
  • Deeb/Shida was bowling shoe ugly in a good way. Was surprised that the ending wasn't someone smacking Shida with the 50 win trophy, but I guess post match works as well. 
  • Nice job putting over a title that won't even be fought for for three months... 
  • No Miro?
  • Guess the Murderhawk couldn't bring one of his opponents out, so he just grabbed a random backstage guy and said "You'll do"
  • They need to do something about the referees if they're going to mention it so many times in a match
  • Tony K chickened out of being onstage?
  • Couple of those ladder match spots looked dangerous-botched.
  • HANGMAN~!

I was kinda hoping they'd pull some don't count your victories before they are won shit in the Deeb vs Shida match and I was not disappointed.  It was a little ugly at times but Deeb going over was the right call.

Eight man opener was a bit overbooked but the right team won.  Heels winning was a good set-up for the feel good main event.  The return of Adam Page was super awesome and the victory, even moreso.  it made me sad to hear Mox get booed when he transitioned to offense.  If anyone deserves a title shot, it's Mox since IIRC he hasn't even gotten a rematch.  They need to pull the trigger on Page / Omega ASAP.

Bobby Fish went to fucking school on Sammy Guevara.  

I hate the TBS women's singles title.  I would've preferred TBS women's tag-team titles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

HANGMAN!!!!!

I pretty much knew he was the joker but he still popped me. I can't wait for Page vs Omega for the title on PPV!!

They had me biting on a potential Mox win but it was total relief when Cowboy Shit prevailed.....

So, can Full Gear top All Out?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FBDuW3JVcAIdnba?format=jpg&name=900x900

The TBS Championship for the Women's Division...or is it the HBS Championship? ?.

Find it funny the secondary championship in the Women's Division is bigger than the main prize, the actual AEW Women's World Championship.

Shida/Deeb deivered

Hangman as Joker was best answer

Loved Anna keeping the Order in line

Loved even more Paige Van Zant's outfit tonight.  Definitely cute!  Only thing I've enjoyed of the American Top Team stuff so far.

Hopefully The Acclaimed win the belts, they won't though.

Liked Malakai/Martin.  He's never going to live long enough to drink, is he?

Liked Sammy/Fish

MJF and Darby stuff blah.

Garcia/Punk will be nice on Rampage.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1

I'll have to rewatch Fish/Sammy and Shida/Deeb due to missing some of each.  But man did I love the show.  The opener was an incredibly fun sprint with IMO everybody playing their parts really well.  And the ladder match was laid out pretty well with Page winning being the absolute right call.  I also loved that looking at who debuted when the match represented different stages of Dynamite.  Then there's Pac/Page having another go and that was continuing from the one of the first matches they had there.  Just really neat things sprinkled all throughout that match that kept me invested the whole time.

With Page winning if it was anybody else that close to Full Gear you'd think this was rushed.  But aside from Mox the table's been set for a long time.  Now it's time for Hangman to collect.

Hell of a show live. Lambert was absolutely nuclear and no other heel was even close. Everyone came unglued for Page; easily the biggest reaction besides Punk’s and Bryan’s

Spoilers for Punk/Garcia

Spoiler

On September 6th 2021 Punk’s long tights left professional wrestling; on October 6th 2021, they’re back! 

• Like 6

If I were Tony Khan, I'd try to sign Paige van Zant and let Dan Lambert & co. hit the bricks. 

An otherwise enjoyable show. I'm glad Adam Page was the joker. It was predictable, but the right move instead of a suprise for the sake of a surprise. I feel like Kenny/Page has to be at Full Gear. 

I wonder if Christian was legit injured on the IndyTaker or if it was just an angle. Maybe it's setting up Christian turning on Jungle Boy after he drops another fall to the Elite. 

I like Hikaru Shida starting her march to 50 wins with a loss. Serena Deeb was the perfect opponent to spoil the party for Shida. Hopefully, we get Shida getting more desperate along the way and resorting to dirty tactics. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Hell of a show live. Lambert was absolutely nuclear and no other heel was even close. Everyone came unglued for Page; easily the biggest reaction besides Punk’s and Bryan’s

Spoilers for Punk/Garcia

Hide contents

On September 6th 2021 Punk’s long tights left professional wrestling; on October 6th 2021, they’re back! 

Glad you had a great time. 

Spoiler

LOL at the spoiler. Roll on 6th November 2021!

Speaking of the TBS title, I loved Britt's jab about calling it the Cartoon Network title instead. It's pretty amazing how far she's come since initially being miscast as a babyface, which I only think she was due to Kylie Rae leaving. 

• Like 5