DVDVR Message Board

UFC 167: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks (11/16/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Hendricks is unlike anyone else GSP has faced and what makes him particularly dangerous is how understated he's been. Kid is legit. My only hope is that he doesn't go headhunting and instead focuses on his wrestling and BJJ game for this match. I think Johny gets in trouble when he seemingly forgets he has this amazing pedigree and instead chooses to rely on the big looping haymaker.

He's a wrestler with knockout power and the wrestling part is something that gsp doesn't even have to worry about. Johnny is going to be on his back the entire fight and he offers zero danger from that position. Gsp only has to avoid the big shot on his way to taking him down. That big looping haymaker that you want Hendricks to avoid is literally his only chance at a victory.

You really have no clue what the hell you're looking at when you watch these fights do you?

;)

I'll be honest, I had GSP 3-2. I see Twitter freaking out about how this is the worst decision ever. This isn't even remotely close to Pacquiao/Bradley. Light years from it.

Of course Boxing is gonna have way worst ones, but this might very well be the worst MMA title fight decision. 

I'll be honest, I had GSP 3-2. I see Twitter freaking out about how this is the worst decision ever. This isn't even remotely close to Pacquiao/Bradley. Light years from it.

Of course Boxing is gonna have way worst ones, but this might very well be the worst MMA title fight decision. 

Machida/Shogun.

Machida/Shogun.

Oooo. Good point. This just seems worst cause the guy basically said you're not even gonna get a rematch. peace out. 

Gonna be hard to do instant rematch when one guy basically is pulling a Floyd and taking a year or 2 off. 

ahhh. you beat me too it.

P.S. Lawler whooping McDonald was still awesome. And Rashad clowning Chael.

If there were no rounds and no 10 point must scoring system then Hendricks could be the winner. But there are.

Hendricks clearly won the second and fourth rounds. Gsp won the third and fifth. The closest was the first round. I had it 3-2 Gsp because I gave him the first round. There's not really a valid argument that can be made for giving Hendricks the third or fifth rounds. I could see the first round, it was very close.

• Like 1