DVDVR Message Board

UFC 167: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks (11/16/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Damien Sandow gets screwed again.

Ha, was killing me being unable to figure out who he was reminding me of so much..

My girlfriend who knows very little wrestling and MMA (mainly due to myself coercing her to watch it), said the same exact thing.  I responded "You're Welcome!"

• Like 2

This is just unreal:

MEDIA SCORES Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 47-48 Hendricks Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 47-48 Hendricks Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Hendricks Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Hendricks Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Hendricks Brent Brookhouse
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Hendricks  MMAWeekly.com 47-48 Hendricks Mike Whitman
Sherdog.com 47-48 Hendricks Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 47-48 Hendricks Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 47-48 Hendricks  MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Hendricks Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Hendricks John Pollock
Fight Network 47-48 Hendricks Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 47-48 Hendricks Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Hendricks  FightMetric.com 47-48 Hendricks

I've met Meltzer, and I do like the guy, but sometimes he does completely make things up and fabricate things.  Like when he said UFC 157 ticket sales were doing bad.  

Or how many times did we read CM Punk was in the doghouse from Meltzer only for his push to continue in general?  I just recall reading something like every week after Raw that Punk was in the doghouse.

Yeah, right when it started Dana said Georges wouldn't be there because he went to the hospital. I'm surprised he made it back. Honestly, after that ass kicking, I would retire too. GSP displayed a tremendous chin and a lot of heart. Johny hit him with a ton and GSP never stopped.

This is why I say the retirement stuff is bull. If this was any other fight where his face got damaged he would have worn glasses to cover it up like most fighters. But instead he doesn't because of the controversial decision. So he allows the world(plus Dana) to see it. While spouting the retirement stuff to see if Dana will jump.

What is funny about Meltzer's write up is his "everybody on press row scored it for GSP" comment.  Project much?  LOL.

I'm listening to the show with Sempervive, and he said it on the show too.

Damien Sandow gets screwed again.

Ha, was killing me being unable to figure out who he was reminding me of so much..

My girlfriend who knows very little wrestling and MMA (mainly due to myself coercing her to watch it), said the same exact thing.  I responded "You're Welcome!"

I think he looks exactly like Rafi from The League.

• Like 3

To me, the scariest thing GSP said post-fight was:

"I lost my memory a little bit during the fight," St-Pierre said. "I couldn't see. He really messed me up.

I can't imagine that's an uncommon occurrence after getting repeatedly punched in the brain. It's obviously not a good thing, but I don't think it's an indicator of anything extremely serious.

Now, if he's having memory loss outside of the ring, that's pretty scary.

To me, the scariest thing GSP said post-fight was:

"I lost my memory a little bit during the fight," St-Pierre said. "I couldn't see. He really messed me up.

I can't imagine that's an uncommon occurrence after getting repeatedly punched in the brain. It's obviously not a good thing, but I don't think it's an indicator of anything extremely serious.

Now, if he's having memory loss outside of the ring, that's pretty scary.

Well when George was on Rogan's podcast he revealed he sometimes feels like he's missing time. He'll not know what happened for a certain amount of time during the day, as if it had gone missing. But he said he's had it since a kid. Still strange. 

It was nice for someone to be honest for once, even if it was borderline whining. I think a lot of fighters get wrapped up in the respect aspect or don't want to offend the judges, so it was cool seeing Johny basically say what a bunch of bullshit the decision was.

It's par for the course for him though so it wasn't like it was a breath of fresh air or anything.  He whined about not getting a title shot for quite a while and still whined after he actually did get a title shot all the way until he actually fought.  It was only natural that he'd whine in every post fight interview about not winning the fight. 

• Like 2