DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 10/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

All the shit announced for tonight

• NXT Tag Team Champions MSK, Josh Briggs & Brooks Jensen vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans, Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams
  • Odyssey Jones vs. LA Knight
  • Cora Jade in action
  • The debut of Tony D'Angelo
  • Mandy Rose vs. Ember Moon

Rose/Moon has been announced as kicking off the show

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Curious to see if Moon is working a new gimmick. Certainly felt like they were hinting that direction when she was last on.

If she doesn't start it tonight you would have to imagine a loss to Rose would be the final straw

Heck they could even have Toxic Attraction do something to her to facilitate the change (like cut her hair or something)

• Like 1

A few surprising results tonight, namely Mei Ying losing (though with Xia Li being called up I wonder if they're scraping that angle) and Monet doing the job.

What we got of Dunne/Grimes was really good. I'd love to see them have a longer match.

Bron came off great in his promo. I'm looking forward to see what he can do in a competitive match with Ciampa, though it looks like Gacy is getting added to it.

The finish of the tag titles match looked a bit rough. The Smoking Gunns guy looked to clearly have his shoulder up and it looked like the ref counted to four?

A travel ad for Iowa played during one of the commercial breaks. That's the most random thing I can remember seeing in a long time.

Jesus Christ, yeah…I think I’m done with this show. This is 1999 WCW with 1995 WWF gimmicks.

Did Indi say that Dexter had a 9 1/2 dong or some shit?

Toxic Attraction is a good act tho and you may as well move them up. GG is vastly improved in-ring and Mandy has a shit ton more charisma in this role. Charlotte needs new people to beat, too.

One thing about this show, tho. This is about getting people main roster ready but there’s a ton of mid-card comedy gimmicks on here. Aside from Steiner the rest of the guys just look like total idiots.

Mandy/Ember was decent. I like how Mandy seems to be evolving her look each week. The later segment with Raquel was solid until the somewhat awkward wait for Io and Stark to join in.

Dug Franky attacking Cora's opponent to get herself into a match tough I would have liked it more if Franky won. Nothing here really impressed me much with Cora Jade.

D'Angelo's match was less of a squash than I expected. Thought he looked pretty decent though I'm still kind mixed on the character.

Bron and Ciampa's segment was nice. Bron is already such  good talker. Really curious to see if he wins the belt here or if they actually let Ciampa get some time in on his second reign and lose to Bron in a rematch later. I'm kind of good either way.

Loved the Diamond Mine vid. It sold everyone involved quite well. Really want to see the Creeds wrestle for the tag belts already.

Mei Ying and Tian Sha is pretty much dead with the random loss to Indi. To be fair I'm not really sure how the faction would have worked w/o Xia around, and it was damn noticeable how short Mei Ying was compared to Indi.

The 4-way tag was fun though I wished they saved it for Halloween Havok. 

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Did Indi say that Dexter had a 9 1/2 dong or some shit?

Not really better, but I think she was talking about his performance in bed.

Dug the hell out of this episode. I think the new gimmicks are somewhere in between the New Generation Era and Attitude Era which is probably a good spot. I think they're not going to go for too many title switches to the new guys/gals just yet and probably want to build them up a bit more.

• Like 1

Not sure who would look at a Parker Boudreaux and say "he needs to look like 2005 Kane".   Putting him with Gacy will be weird 

Only thing I can figure with Cora Jafe is that Vince finally saw an Avril Lavigne videos from early 90s. But at least it puts Baxter out there more which is good

Oh and now that Hudson guy is a poker player.  About 15 years too late on that gimmick as well.   I think it is hopeless to make him into a Phil Helmuth.  Half the roster wished they could heel like him.  

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Oh and now that Hudson guy is a poker player.  About 15 years too late on that gimmick as well.   I think it is hopeless to make him into a Phil Helmuth.  Half the roster wished they could heel like him.  

If they got Bill Fillmaff to be Hudson's manager, I'd totally watch this dumb show a lot more often.

Put the belt on Bron already.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Only thing I can figure with Cora Jafe is that Vince finally saw an Avril Lavigne videos from early 90s.

Now, I know I'm not THAT damn old. Early 2000s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Now, I know I'm not THAT damn old. Early 2000s.

Yeah, if Vince has seen some Avril Lavigne videos from the early 90's, those are probably some home videos shot by Avril's parents of her singing into a hairbrush. I don't think a toddler is what Jade is going for, but what do I know?

Speaking of Mandy Rose as the possible next NXT women's champion, she has a built in feud with Sarray lined up on the basis of "your dropkick somehow made me even more gorgeous, you heartless MONSTER!!!"

On a different note, Eddie Dennis must be glad he's only on NXT UK, because Andre Chase would have been his future.

Also, eventually, in the future Ivy Nile and Zoe Starks are going to have a match. As I realize that, I'm looking forward to that match about as much as the ever-elusive PAC vs Buddy Matthews or PAC vs Pete Dunne!

Edited by Shartnado
Ivy vs Zoe in 2022 FTW