Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 5


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I was gonna cheat and say Joe Paterno, but their fanbase is still perversely committed to him.

I'm leaving this one alone,  but I feel like the Urban hate is mostly sports hate. Like I said in the above post, we hated him before the Zach Smith thing, which kind of legitimized the irrational hate. No one hated Paterno before the Sandusky thing,  and after there was nothing illegitimate or irrational about it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

New Orleans signs K Cody Parkey.  

Good luck with that. 

they’ll probably at least fare better than the Niners trying to get away with the P doing double duty for a second week in a row after it already didn’t work last week

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I'm leaving this one alone,  but I feel like the Urban hate is mostly sports hate. Like I said in the above post, we hated him before the Zach Smith thing, which kind of legitimized the irrational hate. No one hated Paterno before the Sandusky thing,  and after there was nothing illegitimate or irrational about it. 

A lot of people including yours truly hated Paterno before the Sandusky story broke. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, supremebve said:

Nobody holds Saban going from Michigan State,  to LSU, to Alabama against him. 

Yeah, if you mention Tricky Nicky's name around East Lansing, you best be ready to duck after doing so.  He's absolutely persona non grata there.  His teams underperformed for four years, he fluked into a terrific season in 1999 (somehow beating Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio, and Penn while getting rolled by Purdue and Wisconsin), started complaining about money in the middle of the season, crying about a bonus he was supposedly owed.  Admin told him they'd talk after the season, Nick immediately started talking to LSU, then lied about it, then lied right to the face of administrators who'd come to his home when they asked where his wife was ("she's at the store" when she was in Baton Rouge).  He left before the season was over.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Right now Tony Khan is wondering which one in the Elite has football experience 😁

I mean we knew the Meyer hire was mostly for attention but I am sure this is the wrong one.  I hope it gets worse and it leafs to them trying to get Dabo

Holy shit, that's the only way this gets even more hilarious - they hire Dabo. I hope that happens if only to give John Oliver another reason to totally skewer him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

 

I think I said it in the Discord once, but it's a real good thing Tony K can book a wrestling promotion and his old man can sell car bumpers, because they can't run sports franchises for shit.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There is a few more tweet in that thread but basically Silver is basically saying that Urban has lost the locker room

The countdown has to be on for what day Urban sneaks into the Jags locker room and leaves everyone the Bobby Petrino style Dear John letter to say he is quitting 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Matt Nagy says Justin Fields in the starter for the rest of the season

EDIT - okay I guess Nagy said "going forward" so obviously he wants to give himself wiggle room

Matt Nagy’s job security depends on him doing as little as possible. 
 

Fields throws the ball

Lazor calls the plays

Nagy talks to the press and yells at the refs….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

 

This is amazing. All your CB's are belong to us. Horn, Gilmore, Jackson, Henderson, Bouye is already the best DB group we've ever had. Tampa isn't getting any secondary help if we can help it.

With Shaq Thompson out I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers weren't at least trying to get Smith as well.

I only wish we had more than one offensive lineman worth a damn but GMSF has only had a short time with the club. It's nice having a real GM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, Craig H said:

Holy shit, that's the only way this gets even more hilarious - they hire Dabo. I hope that happens if only to give John Oliver another reason to totally skewer him.

You don't break up with one crazy ex to hop into another relationship with someone who is crazy.

The fact of the matter is that is that only two coaches have been a success in the NFL without some experience in the league. Jimmy Johnson and Don Coryell are it. Matt Rhule was an assistant coach with the Giants and Kliff Kingsbury was a player. It's a totally different world. Dabo would crash and burn as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KidNatural said:

You don't break up with one crazy ex to hop into another relationship with someone who is crazy.

The fact of the matter is that is that only two coaches have been a success in the NFL without some experience in the league. Jimmy Johnson and Don Coryell are it. Matt Rhule was an assistant coach with the Giants and Kliff Kingsbury was a player. It's a totally different world. Dabo would crash and burn as well.

Barry Switzer did win a Super Bowl... (I know, it wasn't really his team, but he went 40-24 in four seasons, 8-5 in the playoffs and got a chip... It can't totally be dismissed.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...