DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 5

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Barry Switzer did win a Super Bowl... (I know, it wasn't really his team, but he went 40-24 in four seasons, 8-5 in the playoffs and got a chip... It can't totally be dismissed.)

Sure Switzer was the head coach but did he really do anything besides stand on the sidelines? Jerry Jones was making all of the personal decisions and Switzer seems smart enough to stay out of his assistant coaches way. Also, he only has the Super Bowl ring due to Neil O'Donnell who was the MVP for the Cowboys that day.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:27 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

this ends with Jacksonville's new Strength And Conditioning Coach:  LUTHER [he's a deathmatch legend]

"Do 30 more reps! A hundred more reps! I'm the Original Death Dealer!" (throws Serpentico into a locker)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Sure Switzer was the head coach but did he really do anything besides stand on the sidelines?

He made things fun,  and quite frankly that's what I want from the Dallas Cowboys. 

I do remember someone saying that Barry Switzer looks like a man who just realized he was constipated,  and I laugh every time I see him with that look on his face. 

• Like 1

There's a reason I didn't take the Falcons in the survival pool, too much weird shit happens with those England games.

On a related note, does England require vaccines or quarantine for international travel?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

There's a reason I didn't take the Falcons in the survival pool, too much weird shit happens with those England games.

On a related note, does England require vaccines or quarantine for international travel?

Taking the Falcons in a survivor pool is like picking Charlie Brown in a field goal kicking contest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Depends on what country you are coming from

You are barred from entry if coming from a Red List Country unless you are a UK resident or a British or Irish national, then you have to quarantine for 10 days. This is causing a massive headache for soccer clubs because players aren't going to specific World Cup Qualifiers because they would have to quarantine upon return and miss time for their home club (Ex: the US has a player who won't travel to Panama because Panama is on the Red List)

This is the roundabout way of saying the US is on the Green List and the NFL teams are fine for traveling otherwise the games would not be happening

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Taking the Falcons in a survivor pool is like picking Charlie Brown in a field goal kicking contest. 

at some point I'm going to run out of "teams playing the Jags" and have to go out on a limb...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Sure Switzer was the head coach but did he really do anything besides stand on the sidelines? Jerry Jones was making all of the personal decisions and Switzer seems smart enough to stay out of his assistant coaches way. Also, he only has the Super Bowl ring due to Neil O'Donnell who was the MVP for the Cowboys that day.

Still A LOT more success than Jimmy had with a significantly better quarterback and "without all that Jerry Jones interference" in Miami.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Still A LOT more success than Jimmy had with a significantly better quarterback and "without all that Jerry Jones interference" in Miami.

Switzer was still able to benefit from all the draft picks Johnson got from the Vikings, Johnson didn’t have that luxury in Miami. 

Also, had the Vikings passed on the Walker trade it’s doubtful Johnson and then Switzer would have had the same success in Dallas. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Switzer was still able to benefit from all the draft picks Johnson got from the Vikings, Johnson didn’t have that luxury in Miami. 

Jimmy also won fewer games than the guy before him.  Jimmy inherited a team that had won 11, 9, 10, and 9 games in the four seasons before he got there.  He took that roster and won 8, 9, 10, and 9 games.  And ended his reign with the worst NFL playoff loss since the days of Otto Graham or something like that.

Poor Geno. I thought he looked pretty good for someone suddenly thrown into a meaningful game for the first time in forever. Even if the WR didn't slip, it still may not have been a great throw but it may have been at least contested. He actually was moving the ball much better than I was expecting him to, I thought Seattle was hosed as soon as I saw him coming in.