Tegan
 Jaxson Ryker
 Dana Brooke
 Mia Yim (her real self)

SD
Shotzi
Natalya
Jinder and Shanky

Bianca/Charlotte was nice thought they were a bit off towards the end. I enjoyed Becky on commentary. I love how she gets frustrated.

Nothing surprising moves wise aside from Gable Stevenson skipping the PC. Poor Shotzi can't keep a tag partner. Holland moving up already sucks. Was hoping to see more of him in NXT.

Edited by Eivion

Yeah, I don't get why they broke up Shotzi and Nox. I thought they were actually developing them into a legit tag team.

And I'm quite surprised to see Gable Steveson on there already, but I'm damn sure looking forward to seeing him.

According to Cageside Seats, who browsed the roster pages for both brands, here are the people that weren't drafted:

• Brock Lesnar
  • Goldberg
  • Asuka (?)
  • Elias
  • Eva Marie
  • Lacey Evans
  • Gran Metalik
  • Lince Dorado
  • MVP
  • Slapjack
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Bayley (?)
  • Maryse

Elias was ready to do. . .something, I think. . .and has apparently just disappeared.

Lacey is still out because of her pregnancy.

I assume that MVP is just going to show up with Lashley again at some point.

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Doesn't Steveson have another year in college left? I assume he'll make an appearance or two and the disappear for training.

I read somewhere that his deal will allow him to continue wrestle in college, so he's going to be defending his NCAA title.

Overall it was a pretty underwhelming draft in my view. There were no real shocking trades. Everything made sense in it's own way. Only thing that is slightly interesting is how they handle the Women's championships since the champions are now on opposite brands. I can almost see Becky retaining at Crown Jewel so they do a deal like they did last year with the tag titles and just swap the belts this way Becky gets back the title she never lost.

I was shocked that Ridge Holland got a call up and without Pete Dunne no less. 

Well on the plus side at least all the couples stayed together. That was nice of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

Overall it was a pretty underwhelming draft in my view. There were no real shocking trades. Everything made sense in it's own way. Only thing that is slightly interesting is how they handle the Women's championships since the champions are now on opposite brands. I can almost see Becky retaining at Crown Jewel so they do a deal like they did last year with the tag titles and just swap the belts this way Becky gets back the title she never lost.

We're in agreement. Said this on Sunday:

Charlotte's the RAW Women's Champion and Becky Lynch the Smackdown Women's Champion. I wouldn't be surprised if both swap belts like the New Day/Streets Profits switched the tag team belts to add another reign on Charlotte's tally. Ugh.

• Like 1

Honestly, does WWE still need to do the brand split?  i don't think they do.  They don't get much mileage out of it and it seems to lead to in-fighting among the networks over who gets the biggest draws.

If they are going to do a split, I sort of wish they differentiate the shows a little by having one show host the tag team division and having the other show  be home to the women's division.  They don't really have enough depth in either division to split them up.  Each show tends to end up with two or three top tag teams/women wrestlers and that group either feuds among themselves multiple times, or drops falls to midcarders they shouldn't be feuding with, much less losing too.

A women's tag division with the Horsewoman on top, plus Asuka, would be very entertaining.  It'd also give them enough depth in the women's undercard to put together a real tag team division.  As it is, neither division is that great.  Smackdown is going to be particularly rough if Shotzi can't carry the babyface side of things on her own.  Personally, I don't think Sasha or Charlotte makes for a good babyface.

Same thing with the tag division.  We've seen Usos-New Day many, many times before, and SD doesn't have much else to work with.  It'd be a much better division if Usos, Street Profits, New Day, Alpha Academy, etc. were on the same show.

I was checked out of wrestling for most of the Smackdown Six run, so I think one of the only times I enjoyed the brand split was during the Raw guest host era where it was a shitty variety show and Smackdown had great matches nearly every week with the Hardys, Punk, Mysterio, Morrison, McIntyre, etc. That felt like two different shows (even if one was borderline unwatchable dreck.) 

• Like 1

WWE without a brand split is such a worse product, which I can imagine is hard to believe, but it is. We've been down that path before and it sucked. I mean, it really, really sucked. While both SD and Raw have gotten worse than they were when the brand split was first brought back, if you didn't have a brand split, then you never get Kofi or Big E with a run on top. Hell, you don't even get Bobby Lashley with a run on top.

A WWE without a brand split means you have to trust them to treat the IC title as the equivalent of a top belt like AEW's TNT title. Does anyone want to trust Vince with doing that? He didn't before. Hell, the IC title turned into even more of a jobber belt.

The major problem with Raw and SD and WWE in general is the problem that has existed for nearly 20 years. There's too many rematches, there's nothing to look forward to, Vince has completely forgotten how to effectively use enhancement talent/jobbers in lieu of, I don't know, re-running Big E vs Apollo Crews for the 14th time, and the writing is almost entirely terrible. For fucks sake, it took losing to AEW in the key demo when they're on different nights to hot shot Big E winning the title. That shouldn't be the case. It wouldn't matter how thin each roster is if the writing were any good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Roman has no challengers.  

Drew will be a challenger. They can beat that into the ground for a good 4 to 6 months. Sheamus is always close to being a challenger too.

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Roman has no challengers.  

Also, hilariously, with them breaking up Natalya/Tamina  and  Nox/Blackheart, WWE has one active women's tag team. 

The champions.