DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

On 10/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, grilledcheese said:

Great fucking game. Now I'm ready for my heart to explode every goddamn night with these games against SFG.

I mean, every Giants/Dodgers game is already played with World Series level intensity as it is.  This is going to be crazy and stressful as hell.

and honestly, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's so draining even for the winner that the Brewers (or Braves) are able to pick the bones

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I mean, every Giants/Dodgers game is already played with World Series level intensity as it is.  This is going to be crazy and stressful as hell.

and honestly, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's so draining even for the winner that the Brewers (or Braves) are able to pick the bones

Yeah, that's the conversation my partner and I had. Somebody that won better than 105 games is going home, and while the idea of fucking over a divisional rival is badass, it might clear a path for MIL/ATL. And not to say it would happen again, but LAD just fucking bulldozed MIL last week like they weren't playing a division champ. So to play a tough series and then maybe get clipped is a huge worry.

Edited by grilledcheese

59 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Grandal looks like he brings his arm into his body like a soccer defender trying to avoid a handball. And since the play is to home instead of 1B, it’s apparently the 1B’s responsibility.

I think the correct way to handle it next time is for the 1B to throw directly at the face of the interfering baserunner.  Maybe they should address this idiotic and unnecessarily Byzantine rule?  WTF is the purpose of the two white lines on the way to first base? 

Fucking baseball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reason #472087 that Barstool is the absolute worst:  One of their idiots filmed himself telling John Cusack (who was minding his own business), he wasn't "allowed" to cheer for the White Sox.  Cusack proceeds to tell him he's been a fan since the 80s, knows the history, and can cheer for whomever he wants. 

The Barstool chud (who apparently hosts their White Sox show?) posted himself getting owned anyway, because, clout?  

• Like 5

On 10/12/2021 at 7:05 AM, Craig H said:

Watched it last night and Lux had the most WTF face ever after the wind robbed him of a dong. 

I'm late to the party on this because I'm on vacation and not on the board, but that kid is a fucking Muppet. 

Lots of good faces when weird stuff happens, always dicking around in the dugout, really fun, really odd. A very baseball kind of personality. 

Less opportunity for SFG to mash against an LHP? They hit lefties really well. 

Knebel gets 3 outs or more with no damage, Urias goes right behind him, I would imagine. Knebel has been very good this year, and has made multiple appearances in the opener slot. 4 or 5, I think. 

It's all hands, obviously. Only Scherzer and Buehler seem to be the unavailable arms, and Scherzer might be in the pen anyway. He likely won't pitch, but he'll be out there. 

Edited by grilledcheese