DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (Maybe soon???)

RIPPA

In another concession that the lockout is coming - MLB and MLBPA have agreed to move the tender deadline to Nov 30 (it was scheduled for Dec 2)

This will allow all the arb eligible players to know their status before the transaction freeze happens 

Okay - catching up on all the signings

Marcus Semien is going to the Rangers: 7 years, $175 million

Twins and Byron Buxton agreed to an extension: 7 years, $100 million

Corey Kluber is going to the Rays on a 1 year deal. $8 million that could go to $13 million based on incentives

Michael Wacha took a 1 year deal from Boston ($7 million)

And then there was the Mets who went shopping on Black Friday

Starling Marte: 4 years, $78 million

Mark Canha: 2 years, $26.5 million

Eduardo Escobar: 2 years, $20 million

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I saw Scherzer was trending, but it was just people speculating.

No longer speculating.  

Scherzer to the Metropolitans is apparently all but done, per multiple people.  (However, the last hour has them "in a holding pattern".  The Mets have apparently made the highest offer.  Some believe to be north of 40m per year.)  

It really does seem like the normal "heavy hitters" (NYY, LAD, Boston, etc) are perfectly willing to let everyone spend now, swoop in after the lockout ends and sign a bunch of dudes on one year deals and then take advantage of the new CBA next offseason.

(I fully expect after hitting submit - the Yanks or Dodgers will sign Corey Seager to a billion dollars)

I'd be fine if there are actually moves to make come the new CBA.  It looks like teams with money *aren't* waiting for the lockout.  Or they think the CBA is going to be quick with the money they're spending.