DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (Maybe soon???)

RIPPA

It’s like the ownership either didn’t learn lessons from 1994, or are hoping on another home run chase to get eyes back onto the sport.

As the MLB product has been boring as hell in recent years all I can think of is the parallels between baseball and cricket, and how cricket managed to evolve and thrive since the introduction of the limited-overs game.

Soto was 22 this past year and walked 145 times.  It's incredible for a guy to be that young with that kind of plate discipline.  It's also the most walks by any player in any season since Barry Bonds was being walked 5000 times a year.

• Like 2

I wonder if teams were clever enough to put in some kind of roll over clause with everyone if they didn't play for a year.  

Because that's a particularly evil thing I can totally see someone like Angelos putting into his deals. 

MLB has officially delayed the start of Spring Training until March 5

They also said that to start the season on time a deal would need to be reached by the end of the month (Feb 28)

So the urgency that has been promised since the lockout has started is finally happening as both sides are supposedly going to meet every day next week and reportedly more players and owners are flying in to be a part of the conversations

12 minutes ago, Tabe said:

RIPPA is old:

Druw Jones, the son of Andruw, is projected as the #1 in this year's MLB draft by ESPN. 

Matt Holliday and Carl Crawford also have kids ranked by ESPN