DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (Maybe soon???)

RIPPA

Billy Eppler has been offered the Mets GM job. 

Final negotiations are ongoing, but it's expected they'll announce officially very soon.

You may remember him from... *reads notes* ... ah yes, ruining the best years of Mike Trout's career. 

The Guardians (the MLB team) settled with the Guardians (the Roller Derby team) that allows both teams to use the name

That means the MLB team can finally start selling merch with the new name

Brandon Belt was the only player to accept the QO

It didn't matter for Justin Verlander as he stayed with Houston - 1 year $25 million with a $25 million option (so you may as well consider it 2 years, $50 million)

18 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Oh Dang!  I didn't expect this!  I thought it was a done deal he was going back to Detroit.  Starting Pitching looks set.  Is Carlos next?

The Tigers haven't really looked at Verlander.  They're supposedly eyeballing Max Scherzer which only the most delusional fans thing is a good idea.

On a side note, Max Scherzer has to be the best big money free agent pitcher signing of all-time.  Signs for 7 years and he's top-5 CYA the first five seasons of the contract, winning twice and runner-up once.  His WORST season he had a 119 ERA+.  Wins a World Series.  Then Washington trades him to Los Angeles and he finishes out the contract with 7-0 and a 1.98 ERA for Los Angeles.  His contract was insane but Max fulfilled it for sure.

But I still don't want him in Detroit.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, Kuetsar said:

Maddux when he went from the Cubs to the Braves?

I said "big money". Maddux got a good contract but it was hardly eye-popping like Max's, even for the time. 

Edited by Tabe

20 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Franco and the Rays agree to an extension. 12 years, $223 million.

Per Passan - it is $185 million guaranteed where if all incentives are hit, it will max out at $223

Also again showing how bad Ronald Acuna's agent is/was