DVDVR Message Board

Rampage 10/1/21

NikoBaltimore

*cue Mel Brooks*

SEE A man have his hair cut off! 

SEE Three women fight for superiority! 

AND SEE A Young Buck get his fucking head kicked in! 

Hey, it's October 1st and I'm gonna watch Young Frankenstein this weekend.  Plus Mel Brooks rules. 

EDIT: Well we ended up seeing it tonight and yes it still fucking rules. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

*cue Mel Brooks*

SEE A man have his hair cut off! 

SEE Three women fight for superiority! 

AND SEE A Young Buck get his fucking head kicked in! 

Hey, it's October 1st and I'm gonna watch Young Frankenstein this weekend.  Plus Mel Brooks rules. 

Young Frankenstein. One of the funniest films ever. Abe. Normal.

Also...

It's Friday. You know what that means.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

A rare quiet Friday at home for me, so I'm watching live for the first time since Punk debuted. Should be a good one, I wonder if Danielson v Nick Jackson will open the show

Almost assuredly. AEW's format is leaning into their opener being their true main event and it makes a lot of sense. Fans can't sustain the intensity they bring to big matches early on so just get to the good shit right away. This is true even more so when they do Dynamite & Rampage tapings. Better to get to the big match ASAP before the crowd loses its steam 3-4 hours in.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Almost assuredly. AEW's format is leaning into their opener being their true main event and it makes a lot of sense. Fans can't sustain the intensity they bring to big matches early on so just get to the good shit right away. This is true even more so when they do Dynamite & Rampage tapings. Better to get to the big match ASAP before the crowd loses its steam 3-4 hours in.

That and making sure the opener gets the required time as AEW's had some timing issues with things going long causing things to go short.

• Like 2

I loved the contrast between Bryan's no-nonsense style and Nick's all-nonsense style. Great stuff.

Nice to see Orangey Boy showing some real fire on the mic!

It got a bit dusty in here during the very last scene of the show. Immediately went and hugged my girls after seeing that.

Show made me mark out, laugh out loud, and happy cry just a little bit. Can't ask for much more. Maybe a better finish to the three-way match... but nobody likes a nit-picker.

Danielson in AEW has been everything I hoped for, already. Pro wrestling heaven.

• Like 5

Just now, Gordberg said:

I loved the contrast between Bryan's no-nonsense style and Nick's all-nonsense style. Great stuff.

Nice to see Orangey Boy showing some real fire on the mic!

It got a bit dusty in here during the very last scene of the show. Immediately went and hugged my girls after seeing that.

Show made me mark out, laugh out loud, and happy cry just a little bit. Can't ask for much more. Maybe a better finish to the three-way match... but nobody likes a nit-picker.

Danielson in AEW has been everything I hoped for, already. Pro wrestling heaven.

This. Agree with the rest.

• Thanks 1

If the Young Bucks weren't always wrestling someone I want to see, I'd turn the channel every time I'd see their face.  Heat, and it's not heel heat with me.

Cant wait til Dragon gets to Cole in the Elite gauntlet

• Like 1

Nick upping the stiffness (Bryan probably told him "you slap the leg on anything but a superkick I will fucking kill you") and then wimping out when confronted with same was great. As was Nick missing his big two highspots, hahaha. 

The other two matches were matches. Any hair match without blood should be shot into space. 

EDIT: BUT it was nice for -1 so there's that

Edited by Curt McGirt

The build for Cargill has been great. I liked what we got of the three way, including Nyla dying for our sins, and I like the little rivalry between her and Jade. And Thunder Rosa is a treasure. She's come a long way since those Lucha Underground days. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Okay I have to ask something. Where is that Twitter video of Danielson and Drew Gulak doing the arm thing to Danielson's new theme so I can watch it for the 37th time again? I looked and couldn't find it, and I'm not going through the board to find it for sure.

Here you go, @Curt McGirt:

From the Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson Appreciation topic.

• Like 2