DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for Nov 15, 2013

RIPPA

WWE Smackdown TV taping report
November 12, 2013
Manchester, England
Report by Martin Turner, PWTorch correspondent

Smackdown SPOILERS 11/15

The main event will be C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel. (This follows Paul Heyman distancing himself from Ryback and confirming his association with Axel on Monday's Raw.)

(1) The Wyatts beat The Usos after Luke Harper pinned Jey Uso. After the match, Bray hit Sister Abigal and cut a promo on their Survivor Series opponents, C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan.

Ryback and Curtis Axel talked backstage. Ryback said he wouldn't team with Axel if he was still a Paul Heyman Guy, so Axel said he wasn't. The segment ended with Axel saying they should take their frustrations out on Punk and Bryan.

Prime Time Players and R-Truth rapped backstage (they may have a six-man vs. the Union Jacks later).

(2) Natalya beat Tamina via submission. Natalya won after about a minute with the Sharpshooter after Tamina accidentally collided with Divas champion A.J. Lee on the apron.

(3) Prime Time Players & R-Truth beat 3MB Union Jacks when Truth hit Heath Slater with the Lie Detector. Titus O'Neil was way over with the crowd.

(a) John Cena won the Arm Wrestling Challenge over Alberto Del Rio. Cena had great crowd interactions and both cut promos about Survivor Series. Cena won the first challenge in under a second, then won the re-match in the same time. Del Rio attacked Cena afterwards, and despite Cena trying to fight back, Del Rio put him through the arm wrestling table, then laid his shirt on him.

(4) Funkadactyls (Cameron & Naomi) beat The Bellas after Cameron pinned Brie. (Sounds like a match specifically for "Total Divas.")

Backstage, C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan cut a promo on the Wyatts ahead of Survivor Series.

(5) Great Khali beat Hunico & Camacho in a handicap match after a Punjabi Plunge. The match was quick, thankfully.

(6) C.M. Punk & Daniel Bryan vs. IC champion Curtis Axel & Ryback went to a No Contest when the Wyatts interrupted when Bryan had the Yes! Lock on Ryback.

When the lights came back on, Punk and Bryan had vanished. Ryback shoved Axel into the Wyatts, so they beat the two of them down and shoved them to the outside. Punk and Bryan then re-emerged from under the ring, dropkicked Harper and Rowan, and bailed to the top of the ramp to end the taping.

Dark Main Event: World Hvt. champion John Cena beat Alberto Del Rio with William Regal as special referee to retain the World Title. Regal got on the mic and talked up Cena, then attacked him. Cena turned it around and gave the AA to Regal, then the AA to Tony Chimel. Regal left to applause. Cena then came back and gave Chimel another AA, thanked the crowd, and left. Good show. 

Bless Chimmel, he took the second one right on his shoulder.

Should be noted that the opening tag was longer than you'd probably expect, and despite being pretty chinlocky was really good. Some of that will probably be lost to an advert break or two anyway.

I don't know how wrestling schools work but if you needed to show a student footage of someone who believes their gimmick then Luke Harper is number 1.

That guy IS a damned flesh eating, gator wrestling swamp monster. He is the long lost son of Captain Spaulding from "House of 1000 Corpses"

I don't know how wrestling schools work but if you needed to show a student footage of someone who believes their gimmick then Luke Harper is number 1.

That guy IS a damned flesh eating, gator wrestling swamp monster. He is the long lost son of Captain Spaulding from "House of 1000 Corpses"

This post has me concerned that you haven't seen The Devil's Rejects.

Enjoyed Usos-Wyatts - the Family would seem a bit stronger with Rowan on the outside and using Harper in-ring since he's the most impressive yet on the main roster. Wyatt as the mouthpiece is just fine for him right now. Axel and Ryback turning on Heyman to form...an alliance that is nowhere near even the tag titles now is a bit odd, but better for Ryback than just jobbing. REGAL SELLING MERCH ruled. And then Khali made it even better - smell Rock's cookies. Nattie-Tamina was fine - I liked a Main Event match actually being used to build to something on a major show. Team Black Guys vs. the Union Jacks wasn't quite as good as their first match since it wasn't as fresh. The arm wrestling bit was predictable and something I'm glad I could skip through. Bellas vs. Funkadactyles was odd since I think both teams are faces. It saddened me to see so many digital camera shots of a screen used for TV - looked terrible. Khali destroyed Hunico and Comacho for whatever reason. Team Honor vs. Rybaxel was fun until the Wyatts beat up the heels...I think they're heels. I guess that's a face turn, although it's better to just keep them as heels now and at least get a Raw match for the tag titles out of it