Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021


The Natural
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can't really think of any other submission that would plant someone's face on the mat and drive it completely downward.  Stuff like the Boston Crab or Ankle lock allow the person taking it to look up. Stuff like the Muta lock pries their head up. If you want to toss in the Crossface, you get a good visual of the person doing the move and at least part of the other person's face.

Which also leads to the note that you can't really see Danielson's face either so there is also that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like Eddie is on commentary too much. It's starting to grate on me and I didn't think that was possible. He's just too combative and shooty.

One nice thing about Jade Cargill getting an in-ring promo segment is it meant we didn't have to watch her wrestle. She's kind of in that Brian Cage zone for me, great look but an in-ring charisma vacuum. Hayter did a more convincing job of getting over being an ass kicker in that opening squash than Cargill has her entire time on the roster.

Re: Serpentico, I feel like a lot of the time he's doing fine until he listens to Luther one too many times, and that's when he starts messing things up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

I never understood why Danielson didn't use the Cattle Mutilation in WWE ...

He said he wanted to use a hold he could put on anyone, regardless of their size. It's not like he was going to put the Giant in the Cattle Mutilation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I feel like Eddie is on commentary too much. It's starting to grate on me and I didn't think that was possible. He's just too combative and shooty.

Not to mention Tony and Show sound miserable getting cut off by him and trying to keep up with whatever tangent he's on. Yeah, it ain't working.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I didn't play Sonic, but I do dig the weird theme. Man they are so much better as heels - dem kids are pretty punchable.

They're Billy Gunn's actual kids, right? Makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy shit, JR. He's dealing with a potential skin cancer issue and because I know some are squeamish, I'm spoiling this:

Spoiler

 

My initial thought is that may be cellulitis because it looks similar to my my mom's legs. Maybe even a staph infection. And yeah, skin cancer is possible too. Either way, Jesus Christ, how do you let it even get to that point?!

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, now Dave is saying that instead of Dynamite airing live at 5 on the west coast, it will air after hockey, at 10pm or later. So instead of being three hours behind the world, I’ll be five. I hope he’s mistaken about this, wouldn’t be the first time (before dynamite started he said it would be live on the west coast and that was never even a thing). Or hopefully something else gets changed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, matt925 said:

Wow, now Dave is saying that instead of Dynamite airing live at 5 on the west coast, it will air after hockey, at 10pm or later. So instead of being three hours behind the world, I’ll be five. I hope he’s mistaken about this, wouldn’t be the first time (before dynamite started he said it would be live on the west coast and that was never even a thing). Or hopefully something else gets changed. 

That is some horseshit. At that point, if you're as big of a nerd for AEW as I am, I'd be thinking about VPN'ing it and going with FITE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That is some horseshit. At that point, if you're as big of a nerd for AEW as I am, I'd be thinking about VPN'ing it and going with FITE.

Absolutely. If that’s how it plays out I’ll be happy to pay and watch it live and commercial free. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And so, the number of people on the board who know the lyrics to the verses of the Dynamite theme song will rise. Most people don't even realise there are verses, let alone know the words to them. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...