DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

2 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I’m not sure that it being taped is as much of an issue as it is being taped after a 2 hour show and some dark matches. The crowd just doesn’t have the same juice.

As far as time slots Friday at 10 is obviously terrible. I was hoping they’d get the old WCW Saturday Night time slot had and still hope it’s moved there at some point.

100% fair point. By the time we got to Rampage a couple of weeks ago, I was already burnt out from Dark + Dynamite and I think it's because the shows are so damn good. You're popping every five minutes it seems and by the time you get to Rampage you've already been in the arena for 3 1/2 hours... Jesus, makes me shudder to think what a RAW show would be like to go to with 3 hours of that PLUS Main Event.

• Like 1

Disregarding the logistics of it all I think an ideal situation would be for AEW to run two arenas a week. One does Dynamite and Dark and the other one has Rampage and Elevation to even things out. There doesn't need to be a roster split or anything but I think they could make something like this work. Maybe some pull double duty here and there but it would keep the crowds more engaged and reach out to more cities. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

FBymCBMXIAof3CN?format=jpg&name=medium

AEW has just dropped this. Can't wait!

That's very cool, but what is Gorilla Monsoon doing there between Al Snow and Hangman Page? Not that adding a random pic of Monsoon would make anything LESS cool, but still...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

That's very cool, but what is Gorilla Monsoon doing there between Al Snow and Hangman Page? Not that adding a random pic of Monsoon would make anything LESS cool, but still...

Can't believe this was posted an hour ago and still nobody has made enquiries into whether or not you will stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I love this company, but I really wish they'd evolve passed saves being preceded by entrance music.  Interruptions preceded by pressing play on the theme music is fine and often great.  Big saves I'll never understand the sacrificing of a more natural surprise element.  I mean you can always fire up the music after the ring is cleared.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shartnado said:

WILL YOU STOP IT???????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jiji said:

They gotta give Powerhouse Hobbs a win here after this. Monster heels aren't monsters if they never win important matches. 

Yeah, agreed. He needed one probably immediately after Punk (not that losing there hurt him whatsoever, but it would've been a nice follow up to show his character grow from it).

In hindsight, since it sort of didn't do much for anyone involved, I think the move would've been to split Starks from the group instead of Cage, and give Hobbs/Cage a go in the tag division. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Yeah, agreed. He needed one probably immediately after Punk (not that losing there hurt him whatsoever, but it would've been a nice follow up to show his character grow from it).

In hindsight, since it sort of didn't do much for anyone involved, I think the move would've been to split Starks from the group instead of Cage, and give Hobbs/Cage a go in the tag division. 

A follow up win for Hobbs certainly seems to have been missed.  The previous mention of Hobbs being a 'monster heel' feels like a fair tag in theory, but a bit of a stretch in reality.  Hobbs is a talented young guy who pretty clearly needs some serious ring time before he gets to that next level.  They know it and he knows it.  It's always good to see fans wanting to see a guy climb the ladder quickly, but he's got lots of time before he hits his peak. 

I wouldn't be opposed to the Brian Cage-Team Taz exit angle being ultimately a show of tough love from the team, and then welcoming him back in the fold after Cage signals a show of respect.  A Cage-Hobbs team always felt like the right direction.  AEW could use a pair of big toughs in the tag division.  As is, Brian Cage feels dead in the water.  He's got an excellent set of tools, but needs the compliment of a partner and manager.  Jim Neidhart wasn't a singles guy either, but the Anvil was a great tag presence beside the Hitman and the Mouth of the South.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but Dave said on WOR that beginning oct 27, dynamite will be airing live at 5 on the west coast. This probably doesn’t affect most people here, but it’s awesome for me. Between it airing live in every other time zone, being live on fite for our international friends and airing live in the uk, I’m basically three hours behind the world when it comes to watching the show (I guess it’s tape delayed in western Canada as well?). I’m home by 5 everyday so this is awesome news for me. 

Dave did say that it will lower ratings a bit, and by nature of the start time it will be harder to attract non fans. But you just present it like an important sporting event that begins at this time, and if you want to be a part of it you just have to make it work. 

• Like 1