DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

Tape library would be a massive get. Please don't let WWE snap it up. It does sound like ROH is going to try to keep going next spring but in a very different state. Maybe they try to soak up their losses  by selling the library.

I wonder if the ROH tape library includes the original tapes of the events.  I'd love for non-commentary re-edits.  And maybe some nice post clean-up on those lighting set-ups glaring horribly into the cameras at every early event.  But imagine ROH without the awful Sapolsky commentary.    

How is Bandido not on every list of names being thrown around in here?  I'd love the Briscoes too.  I don't know much of this current roster, but Brian Johnson of all ppl really stood out at the last show I saw.  Am I wrong on this guy being a nice prospect?  Ian Riccaboni is a really good commentator.  Oh, Rush and Dragon Lee, of course.  And would very much like to see PCO take a victory lap short run.  

4 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I wonder if the ROH tape library includes the original tapes of the events.  I'd love for non-commentary re-edits.  And maybe some nice post clean-up on those lighting set-ups glaring horribly into the cameras at every early event.  But imagine ROH without the awful Sapolsky commentary.    

How is Bandido not on every list of names being thrown around in here?  I'd love the Briscoes too.  I don't know much of this current roster, but Brian Johnson of all ppl really stood out at the last show I saw.  Am I wrong on this guy being a nice prospect?  Ian Riccaboni is a really good commentator.  Oh, Rush and Dragon Lee, of course.  And would very much like to see PCO take a victory lap short run.  

Count me in for wanting to see RUSH, Dragon Lee, and Bandido in AEW. I also think PCO would be fun as a special attraction, maybe have him become buddies with the Dark Order. Brody King would be a nice pick up as well for a promotion that could always use another monster.

I see Sinclair shelling out to keep Jay Lethal and the Briscoes to mentor the new talent brought in. Maybe Jonathan Gresham as well since he does/did run their wrestling school.

• Like 1

When Danielson was signed, the match I most looked forward to was him vs Kingston. Now, it’s happening on Friday, and my in-laws have decided to drop in for a short-notice visit that day. It’ll probably be Sunday before I can watch it. Please keep me in your prayers. 

Edited by Log
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Log said:

When Danielson was signed, the match I most looked forward to was him vs Kingston. Now, it’s happening on Friday, and my in-laws have decided to drop in for a short-notice visit that day. It’ll probably be Sunday before I can watch it. Please keep me in your prayers. 

Will do, bud.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Even if Castle can't go in the ring anymore I wouldn't mind him as a manager. He's a really entertaining guy and could come up with a stable of his Boys.

Its one of those gimmick where I would worry that if you took it out of the indies and put it on the big stage people might see it as homophobic

Damn. I didn't even think of the Bridcoes, but I also haven't sought out any of their matches like the other guys I mentioned so I have no idea of they're still good or not. 

Man, I still remember back in 97 or 98 when they skipped prom because they got booked against each other for the same night and then they were busting out burning hammers and other crazy shit against each other. Now it's 20+ years later and they might finally appear on one of the big promotions. 

• Like 3

I think Briscoes stay with any form of ROH unless it is 100% dead. They're soldiers. 

Fuck, we got Bandido/Rush/Dragon Lee/FLAMITA (yessss), Danhausen (yes he has a big upside), Dickinson can be their Cesaro, Rox-C and the rest of the Women of Honor who were killing it in their own tournament. I can see Impact taking a lot of this talent too. Vincent would slot right in with their creepy crawly set. Shane Taylor strikes me as someone who'd work well over there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Damn. I didn't even think of the Bridcoes, but I also haven't sought out any of their matches like the other guys I mentioned so I have no idea of they're still good or not. 

Man, I still remember back in 97 or 98 when they skipped prom because they got booked against each other for the same night and then they were busting out burning hammers and other crazy shit against each other. Now it's 20+ years later and they might finally appear on one of the big promotions. 

They're just as good as they've ever been, though being strictly in ROH for so long they haven't faced a huge variety of opponents in the past two years. I think the show you mean was CZW's first Best of the Best tournament in 2001. That was the first time I'd ever heard of or seen them wrestle, and for two teenagers they put on an insane showcase. I haven't seen that match in forever so I don't know how it holds up, but it definitely put the two of them on the map.

Anyone know who owns the rights to the Los Ingobernables name?

Ah yeah would love the Briscoes, feel like Jay Briscoe immediately violently murdering Tony Khan for announcing some LGBT solidarity promotion is exactly the controversial shot in the arm the industry needs to get us back to the glory days of the attitude era

Edited by Firebreaker Chip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I generally watch AEW with a sense of detachment but a Briscoes/FTR feud* would have me marking out like the markiest mark who ever did mark. If only Cornette was managing FTR so he could get tied to the back of the truck after calling the Briscoes cousinloving slophogs.

*Mouthpieces not required

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

3 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

I generally watch AEW with a sense of detachment but a Briscoes/FTR feud* would have me marking out like the markiest mark who ever did mark. If only Cornette was managing FTR so he could get tied to the back of the truck after calling the Briscoes cousinloving slophogs.

*Mouthpieces not required

Terry Funk ain't wear no mouthpiece.

I agree with Jimbo.  Give me FTR vs. Briscoes all damn day.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

I don't really have an opinion about Danhausen, but I think that Rok-C and Josh Woods could be decent additions to the AEW roster. 

You could build a main event program out of Chris Dickenson in Impact, for certain.

Snatching up the Rudos and Technicos from RoH might be a good move for MLW since they are pretty much trying to replicate Lucha Underground in the upper card.

Edited by J.T.

Danhausen has Marko and comedy so I don't really see the Danhausen issue. I'm not 100% sure he's completely connected up the wrestling and the character from what I've seen, but I don't have an issue with him being used correctly.

It could be though that tbh he's making enough money through his various hustles that he might be better off not All Elite.