DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

Who is/was in ROH's women's division?

Unless Rush killed a guy or pulled a Tessa, I'd bring him in. Man is money. Get him and Mox trading promos and involved in wild brawls. Would help with Andrade too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I'm out if he's in. Fuck that guy.

Feel for the roster. If ROH is closing up shop or shrinking their budget, then it's one less viable option for wrestlers and that's a shame. If that's the case, the obvious super talents from ROH that I'm aware of (don't really watch it but going off their work elsewhere): Gresham is a must and fits perfectly with Danielson, Garcia, Moriarty, etc., Rush is a superstar, Dragon Lee vs. Fenix in front of an AEW crowd would kill half the board and the other half would need new pants, and Bandido the other obvious guy. Has Bandido progressed much the past couple of years? He was really fun to watch but you could tell he was almost all style and little substance. Tape library would be a massive get. Please don't let WWE snap it up. It does sound like ROH is going to try to keep going next spring but in a very different state. Maybe they try to soak up their losses  by selling the library.

Yeah, the tape library is a good point. If Tony Khan is serious about eventually launching a streaming service having that tape library would give it a huge boost.

What is your issue with Danhausen? Didn’t he already wrestle in AEW as part of Cody’s open challenge last summer?

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

Yeah, the tape library is a good point. If Tony Khan is serious about eventually launching a streaming service having that tape library would give it a huge boost.

What is your issue with Danhausen? Didn’t he already wrestle in AEW as part of Cody’s open challenge last summer?

I think you're thinking of Warhorse.

3 minutes ago, Bryan said:

That was the other indie darling I loathe, Warhorse. Both of their gimmicks are just so fucking nerdlinger-y and scream indies. Both super cringe to me.

Rush can slot in anywhere. Tagging with either his brother or Andrade, they'd be fantastic trios champs if they ever introduce those belts, or working his way up the midcard. He's so charismatic and works well as either a face or a heel, so he would fit anywhere. Being in a "big league" with Andrade would hopefully motivate his ass to put on his working boots most nights.

Rush vs. Miro. Rush vs. Moxley. Rush vs. Kingston. My God, the wild brawls that man could have.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

This is interesting 

This was the conversation that prompted my post in June where, fron the outside , it just seemed totally bonkers the simultaneous conflicting positions and emotions that WWE talent must have in the current process.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I was lucky enough to hear Kayla bury pro wrestling on the radio the other day, call the fans trailer trash (I have bad news about MMA fans). She was on Renee Paquette and Miesha Tate's hybrid MMA/Wrestling talk show where Renee does all her homework & Miesha low-key shits on wrestling the whole time, unlike the MMA guests & other SiriusXM MMA personalities who shit on it high-key.

Never forget the millions of people who think you're a fucking idiot for liking your favorite thing. ?

Still not sure why Renee is doing this show frankly. Miesha is barely doing any work at all.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

She's trying her damnedest to stick with fighting, but boy, she gets lumped up something fierce everytime she fights. I think she likes being part of the spectacle, which HOPEFULLY will make her reconsider fighting. Also, at one point, she was very shy and introverted and didn't like dealing with the media back when she was in the UFC. I think she's finally comfortable in her own skin. I just don't think Bare Knuckle fighting is the vehicle for her. Just like PFL isn't the right vehicle for Kayla Harrison. Obviously, if they're willing to give her a million dollars every year, it's good. However, that well will eventually run dry. Similarly, Bare Knuckle fighting isn't gonna pay PVZ much longer to lose fights.

PVZ could be a good pro wrestler; lots of public appeal. She is to me possibly a Trish Stratus star. Massive following on Instagram. She could be as good as she wants frankly. While not the bad ass that Rhonda nor Shayna are, she has some legit skills. But she is been overmatched every time out - her skills are not at the level she is fighting. But she is willing to get into the cage/ring. I think it is her most logical is pro wrestling if she wants

Shayna is a legit MMA fighter with great skills. Her youtube videos are really good. 

I'm looking through the roster on ROH's main page to try and suss out who I'd like to see. Rush, Dragon Lee, and Bandido would be obvious though they will be some of the hottest commodities out there and can work just about anywhere now.

The Briscoes are at the top of my list. They turned down a developmental deal on account of the money and travel not being worth their while but they might consider AEW's more relaxed schedule if the price was right. I just want to see them go 30+ minutes with FTR.

A lot of the women's division is on the young side and I'd like to see some of the more promising wrestlers get picked up as works in progress they could do something with down the line.

Tony Neese being a Socal guy makes me wonder if he's there as a favor from Excalibur.

Spoiler

I'd love to see Danhausen in AEW and think he could work well there. He's probably a more popular meme wrestler than Orange Cassidy was at the onset, and Danhausen is a much better wrestler IMO. If he does get the call, I hope they introduce him with some vignettes and such instead of just getting a cold debut. As over as I think he could be, his schtick has a bit of nuance that those unfamiliar with would need some time to really get.

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Even if Castle can't go in the ring anymore I wouldn't mind him as a manager. He's a really entertaining guy and could come up with a stable of his Boys.

Dalton Castle for the Wingmen.

• Like 6

Well, looks like you got your wish on that one.  Should be a fun one.

I like Danhausen a ton but it has nothing to do with his wrestling.  But while people will love his character the difference between him and Orange is that Orange is a far better wrestler when it's time to do that.  At least that's going off of a couple Danhausen matches I saw so if his character's worth bringing in then sure.

• Like 1