DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

1 hour ago, AxB said:

So I'm re-watching the Blood and Guts episode of Dynamite, and there's a Cody vs QT match where Cody starts spontaneously bleeding from the eye while applying a figure four. It's bizarre.

Right before he took him down for the leglock, QT flipped Cody off, and it looks like in going for the legs, Cody headbutted QT's finger, and his fingernail sliced Cody's eye socket. Utterly bizarre. We've seen literally thousands of eye pokes in MMA, and they never seem to lead to gushing blade jobs.

It's the same show where Men of the Year throw Darby down some stairs. Pretty eventful for a pandemic era show, all things considered.

It's been awhile since I saw it, but I had thought he rubbed his eye against QT's boot on the single leg setting up the Figure Four. Just one of those weird things where the edge of the boot leather or a sharp eyelet sliced through like a bad paper cut. It definitely could have been a long finger nail too. But just the placement and timing of it, thought for sure it was the boot.

On first glance, it seemed like he randomly bladed to get heat for the finish. Only that makes no sense on a show called Blood and Guts, to also bleed on the undercard. And also, nobody blades their eye socket, it's way too dangerous.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Well, damn. I mean she's generally not wrong. 

I was lucky enough to hear Kayla bury pro wrestling on the radio the other day, call the fans trailer trash (I have bad news about MMA fans). She was on Renee Paquette and Miesha Tate's hybrid MMA/Wrestling talk show where Renee does all her homework & Miesha low-key shits on wrestling the whole time, unlike the MMA guests & other SiriusXM MMA personalities who shit on it high-key.

Never forget the millions of people who think you're a fucking idiot for liking your favorite thing. ?

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Sad 1

On 10/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, AxB said:

It was a bit of an AEW Dark: Impressive unsigned Samoans edition.

I think Reka Tehaka is going to be a STAR for someone. Hopefully AEW allows her the time to improve. 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Look, I don't want to make a scene but this is a really shitty thing to say.  If you don't like somebody just put him on ignore and be done with it.

Like I explained sadly, Ignoring means that I end up missing out on a chunk of the AEW forum threads, couple of the monthly wrestling omnibus threads, comic book movies and TV threads

I'll go one step further and directly quote Rippa's own guidelines for images/tweets/gifs with the relevant pieces highlighted. He mentions using the Spoiler tag for any post with 3 images, etc, talking about flood control to reduce back to back to back image spam. 

I was absolutely shitty back in January and regret acting out like I had. You can paint me as the villain for wishing folks would follow the guidelines set, otherwise we have that post from the other day in an AEW thread talking about "I thought I wandered into the Photos thread" which wasn't even made by me. ?

From now on - the photo thread and GIF thread will be one thread.

A few guidelines that I ask to be followed. This way when you wonder why come like March I don't allow the threads anymore you will know why.

Please no more than 3 "images" per post. (And honestly 3 is really too many). If you absolutely feel like you have to do more than one thing in a post because the board absolutely needs to see it - please use spoiler tags.

This also doesn't mean you can get around it by just having like 5 posts in a row. I will turn on flood control if I have to.

For the love of God please edit your quote boxes

We do not need to see every tweet made by every wrestler

Just because everyone has been working from home - use spoiler tags for things that can be considered NSFW. 

If the length of a GIF reaches double digit seconds... it isnt really a GIF. For reference what I am talking about - GIPHY doesn't allow more than 15 seconds and recommends no more than 6 seconds in length. 

I am sure there are other things that I will be reminded of by like Jan 2 as they are done instantly

Edited by Hayabusa

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Well, damn. I mean she's generally not wrong. 

What an idiot. She's the one that agreed to make the appearance despite knowing wrestling is worked, so why do it in the first place? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Like I explained sadly, Ignoring means that I end up missing out on a chunk of the AEW forum threads, couple of the monthly wrestling omnibus threads, comic book movies and TV threads

I'll go one step further and directly quote Rippa's own guidelines for images/tweets/gifs with the relevant pieces highlighted. He mentions using the Spoiler tag for any post with 3 images, etc, talking about flood control to reduce back to back to back image spam. 

I was absolutely shitty back in January and regret acting out like I had. You can paint me as the villain for wishing folks would follow the guidelines set, otherwise we have that post from the other day in an AEW thread talking about "I thought I wandered into the Photos thread" which wasn't even made by me. ?

•  

From now on - the photo thread and GIF thread will be one thread.

A few guidelines that I ask to be followed. This way when you wonder why come like March I don't allow the threads anymore you will know why.

Please no more than 3 "images" per post. (And honestly 3 is really too many). If you absolutely feel like you have to do more than one thing in a post because the board absolutely needs to see it - please use spoiler tags.

This also doesn't mean you can get around it by just having like 5 posts in a row. I will turn on flood control if I have to.

For the love of God please edit your quote boxes

We do not need to see every tweet made by every wrestler

Just because everyone has been working from home - use spoiler tags for things that can be considered NSFW. 

If the length of a GIF reaches double digit seconds... it isnt really a GIF. For reference what I am talking about - GIPHY doesn't allow more than 15 seconds and recommends no more than 6 seconds in length. 

I am sure there are other things that I will be reminded of by like Jan 2 as they are done instantly

I get what you're saying but if you're not gonna ignore anybody then at least private message one of the admins and they can do whatever from there.  Publicly calling out somebody is just not the way to go no matter how much of a point you may have.  And you may recognize you were shitty in January but sorry you're not much better here.  So next step for you is to just message an admin but I think we're done here.

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

What an idiot. She's the one that agreed to make the appearance despite knowing wrestling is worked, so why do it in the first place? 

Maybe she wanted to have an open mind and see if that changed her tune?  I know nothing about Kayla but she can at least say she tried and if it's not for her then cool.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hayabusa said:

You can easily put one or two people on ignore and not miss anything except for the stuff that bothers you. If Rippa or Dolfan want to do something about it then they'll do something about it. 

Also, some of us chat and are friendly away from the confines of this forum to the point we can bust each other's balls or have a better understanding of what may brighten our days. Don't take my comment earlier to mean you suddenly have a green light to cite line 5 of rule 21c about posting pictures. Despite what you may think, no one is posting that stuff to farm likes or clout or whatever because that would be fucking stupid. 

Ignore the users and move on. People aren't doing things for the reasons you think. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Cause Dan Lambert is a huge wrestling fan to the point where he has or had at one point his own in gym indy fed with John Hartnett. Everyone loves Dan, and he's a kooky guy for real. If he's the one person bankrolling your career, you would do him a favor.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Cause Dan Lambert is a huge wrestling fan to the point where he has or had at one point his own in gym indy fed with John Hartnett. Everyone loves Dan, and he's a kooky guy for real. If he's the one person bankrolling your career, you would do him a favor.

She could have done it without shitting on it I guess. 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

She could have done it without shitting on it I guess. 

No, I agree and that's generally cause I believe when it's all said and done IMO she's gonna end up in pro wrestling at some point. She's a free agent after her fight in PFL tonight, and I don't think she has a bunch of career options. There is one or two fights in Bellator. Dana sounds like he's already put on the full court press to lowball any offer made towards her. At best, Claressa Shields is 1-2 years away from being ready to fight her in MMA and it's not that lucrative of a fight to wait around for when PFL itself is still very low profile. As much as Dana is full of shit, he's basically right in saying she's getting a lot of money to fight girls who she is much more talented than. In the long run, the sports she "hates" (imo I think she's just trying to rile folks up) is her best option long term. I don't think PVZ wanted to do pro wrestling all that much. But guess what? Who is on AEW almost every week? Yep, you guessed it. Paige VanZant.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I get what you're saying but if you're not gonna ignore anybody then at least private message one of the admins and they can do whatever from there.  Publicly calling out somebody is just not the way to go no matter how much of a point you may have.  And you may recognize you were shitty in January but sorry you're not much better here.  So next step for you is to just message an admin but I think we're done here.

Since you quoted me in full the 1st time and I didn't make any edits to my post to play the hero, can you show me where I publicly called anyone out? What exactly in my post counts as shitty and personal attacks?

The worst thing is, I went out of my way NOT to be the asshole I was the first time, and yet the folks that messaged me directly about this all brought up the same person.  Has me wondering what I said that was personal, Niko ? 

Craig H- You are correct. I shouldn't make leaps of logic. Sound advice, sincere gratitude for the heads up.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If I were to make an inference, I would say PVZ loves this shit and loves mugging for the camera. 

She's trying her damnedest to stick with fighting, but boy, she gets lumped up something fierce everytime she fights. I think she likes being part of the spectacle, which HOPEFULLY will make her reconsider fighting. Also, at one point, she was very shy and introverted and didn't like dealing with the media back when she was in the UFC. I think she's finally comfortable in her own skin. I just don't think Bare Knuckle fighting is the vehicle for her. Just like PFL isn't the right vehicle for Kayla Harrison. Obviously, if they're willing to give her a million dollars every year, it's good. However, that well will eventually run dry. Similarly, Bare Knuckle fighting isn't gonna pay PVZ much longer to lose fights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Since you quoted me in full the 1st time and I didn't make any edits to my post to play the hero, can you show me where I publicly called anyone out? What exactly in my post counts as shitty and personal attacks?

The worst thing is, I went out of my way NOT to be the asshole I was the first time, and yet the folks that messaged me directly about this all brought up the same person.  Has me wondering what I said that was personal, Niko ? 

Craig H- You are correct. I shouldn't make leaps of logic. Sound advice, sincere gratitude for the heads up.  

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So next step for you is to just message an admin but I think we're done here.

Yes, I'm quoting myself because we're done here.  I said what your next step should be and considering how the general wrestling thread is going I'm not dragging this through the mud here.

As for hesitation on ignoring people I was weird about that too for a long time.  But I found that once done it makes things a bit easier so I don't have to keep seeing whatever nonsense they post.  And to show you how easy it is I'll add you to the list.  Have a nice day.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yes, I'm quoting myself because we're done here.  I said what your next step should be and considering how the general wrestling thread is going I'm not dragging this through the mud here.

As for hesitation on ignoring people I was weird about that too for a long time.  But I found that once done it makes things a bit easier so I don't have to keep seeing whatever nonsense they post.  And to show you how easy it is I'll add you to the list.  Have a nice day.

Yeah so I wasn't being shitty then, got it. You accused me of being shitty and personal attacks yet given the invitation to make your case, you walk. Pot meet kettle. Easier to be the shitty person and "take the high road" ain't it bud.

Swift - Thanks a million, didn't know that but putting it to use??  Apprecite it, genuine gratitude 

MOVING ON...

I was honestly surprised to see Danielson on Dark.  I thought he would have mainly done Dynamite/Rampage but it was neat seeing him against Solow.  That was Aaron's best match by far and has me wondering how good he can be if in more of those type of matches.

• Like 2

Danhausen just did Jericho’s cruise and has connections there, and he’d probably move as much merch as Orange Cassidy after a while. It’s only a matter of time before he’s picked up by one of the larger promotions.

10 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Danhausen just did Jericho’s cruise and has connections there, and he’d probably move as much merch as Orange Cassidy after a while. It’s only a matter of time before he’s picked up by one of the larger promotions.

I'm out if he's in. Fuck that guy.

Feel for the roster. If ROH is closing up shop or shrinking their budget, then it's one less viable option for wrestlers and that's a shame. If that's the case, the obvious super talents from ROH that I'm aware of (don't really watch it but going off their work elsewhere): Gresham is a must and fits perfectly with Danielson, Garcia, Moriarty, etc., Rush is a superstar, Dragon Lee vs. Fenix in front of an AEW crowd would kill half the board and the other half would need new pants, and Bandido the other obvious guy. Has Bandido progressed much the past couple of years? He was really fun to watch but you could tell he was almost all style and little substance. Tape library would be a massive get. Please don't let WWE snap it up. It does sound like ROH is going to try to keep going next spring but in a very different state. Maybe they try to soak up their losses  by selling the library.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't know if anyone major is touching Rush after his "emergency surgery" stunt. Gresh would make sense but they just had to sign all these other little technical guys. I'd go with Brody King myself.

More important is the need to improve the women's roster. I know they need veterans, I know Rok-C isn't "ready" but you cannot pass up a chip that blue.

Edited by John E. Dynamite