DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

And so, the number of people on the board who know the lyrics to the verses of the Dynamite theme song will rise. Most people don't even realise there are verses, let alone know the words to them. 

oh it's on youtube and i've listened. it's not very good at all but it's what we have.

• Like 1

Well, during the non-picture in picture breaks, you'll be hearing a lot mote of it. If you're lucky, they'll play the instrumental version.

Although Rampage's theme is much worse. The Dynamite one is on a sixty second loop, that's fine. Rampage's theme song is an eight second loop. "This is Rampage, baby. It's the show that you been waiting on. Dim dum, dumDumDumDum. Dim dum, dumdumdumdum. This is Rampage baby..." Et cetera. For five minutes. Great fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

And so, the number of people on the board who know the lyrics to the verses of the Dynamite theme song will rise. Most people don't even realise there are verses, let alone know the words to them. 

We all know those lyrics. "Something something fuse, light the boom, Dynamite"

• Haha 4

If AEW ever did bring in Brawn Strowman Id only be happy if he was used as “Mega John Silver”.  Like Johnny Hungy goes under the ring with a giant mushroom, out pops Brawn for 30 seconds, destroys everything and goes back under the ring only for regular Silver to reappear.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

If AEW ever did bring in Brawn Strowman Id only be happy if he was used as “Mega John Silver”.  Like Johnny Hungy goes under the ring with a giant mushroom, out pops Brawn for 30 seconds, destroys everything and goes back under the ring only for regular Silver to reappear.

VFnqUcUoZfI=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Complete with sound effects.

Edited by DangerMark
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I wonder how the byes will be determined. Four highest ranked women? Maybe the three former World champs plus Deeb as a former NWA champ?

In this scenario, Rosa is ranked and has also been NWA champion. Surely she'd get the spot you'd hypothetically assign Deeb.

• Thanks 1

Rewatching the ending of the Revolution 2020 tag title match and Page hit Matt Jackson with a OWA after Kenny couldn't because of his worked over arm. That will make for an excellent nearfall at Full Gear.  Page tagging himself in and taking out both Bucks singlehandedly while Omega was sidelined is one of the best moments in AEW to date. The crowd didn't even think he could do it by himself so they weren't peaking until the three count. I adore Hangman's arc so far. ?

• Like 8

Mike Johnson: I was going to ask you about the fans, I was there at the Grand Slam show in New York City obviously, because it's where I live.  You come out, Brandi's back with you for the first time within the confines of the storylines, it's the big rematch with Malakai Black and a good portion of my hometown doesn't really take to you. When you're in that moment walking to the ring and it's not what you might expect, how much does that throw you off as a performer when you're about to go out there and be live on television?

Cody Rhodes: Well for New York City, it was what I expected. I had no qualms at all about what we were going to be presented with and I think in terms of what I was preparing for that night, it was designed around the idea that perhaps a shiny new toy is the one that they cheer and perhaps this is a night to be the aggressor in this match. But for me, I just need...Tully Blanchard's rule is they got to be loud and it's got to be long, the loudest, the longness. So I really love it. I know that's wild. I love it if it's one way, I love it if it's another, I especially love it if it's split down the middle, because that creates really fun component of your match but it creates a ton of speculation and so many people have been educated to just our competition's product for so long. I think they have an idea where it's going and I'm really the first to tell them this is going somewhere that's never been gone before. I mean, that's the story of AEW is this is a different frontier we're on. So for me, I think all my experience leading up to this point having done this since I was 15 and having been born into it, I'm ready for any type of crowd reaction. The only type of crowd reaction that would scare me is as you know, the non reaction.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=152074 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I enjoy Cody quite a bit, but the cynic in me is beginning to think this whole "never seen before" thing is just an attempt to paint the more mixed reactions as an intentional thing. 

2016:

What would you call the Bullet Club? Are they heels? Are they faces? No, they’re fucking TV stars. The terms don’t mean what they used to mean, so when people use them, you kind of laugh a little bit. My dad never used the terms, so I guess I got that from him.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/cody-rhodes-on-joining-bullet-club-his-late-father-and-wwe-vs-indies-106871/

2017:

Cody Rhodes: Well I mean in full disclosure, you all watch modern wrestling and shows about wrestling; I don’t think babyfaces and heels exist anymore. There are good guys, there are bad guys, and then there are stars and that’s what you want to be. One of the last conversations I actually had with my dad about the industry was about the shape, the change and the only constant in pro wrestling is that there is no constant.

https://www.pwpodcasts.com/2017/06/29/quick-quotes-cody-rhodes-babyfaces-heels-not-existing-anymore-learned-john-cena-bullet-clubs-continued-success/

2018:

"My dad taught me that you can be a babyface [good guy], you can be a heel [bad guy] or you can be a star," Rhodes said. "I stick to that. A star can do anything."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/pro-wrestling/os-sp-wrestling-cody-rhodes-20180424-story.html

2019:

2020: 

I’m neither. I’m a competitor & a reigning champion. Tired old tropes are even more insulting to the viewer considering I’ve been on their TV since I was 20. It ain’t black and white, it hasn’t been in forever. Circumstances of the match dictate who we cheer for, beautiful thing.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-rhodes-responds-to-disco-inferno-says-hes-neither-a-heel-nor-a-face/

He's not cleaning up after the fact. It's by design. He's been telling us what he wants for years. And he's getting it. I know it probably scares old fuddy-duddies like Jim Cornette that Cody thinks these things. But I know AEW's open-minded and forward-thinking audience are in the long run going to appreciate that someone's not spoon feeding them or insulting their intelligence. ? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1