DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

10 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

someone tell TK to step away from his keyboard.  I get he’s all excited the Jags finally won a game, I am too, but this is just ridiculous.

I'd be excited if I was TK too...the Jags victory wasn't his only big triumph last weekend.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I'd be excited if I was TK too...the Jags victory wasn't his only big triumph last weekend.

Now normally I’m not the kind of guy to backtrack on something I said 5 minutes ago, but check out this pirouette… I always believed TK was right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

That Punk match prospered as a result for us, thankfully. Matches with commercial breaks in them have their dynamics completely changed for the worse and it breaks the immersion factor for viewers. I can't imagine the Suzuki/Danielson match with commercials. 

• Like 4

Cody Rhodes and Malakai Black will have a Professional Wrestling match, that will end by Pinfall, Submission, Referee Stoppage, Countout, Disqualification, or Time Limit Draw.

- Marcus Allen, CBS Sports.

• Haha 3

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
7 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Post image

Sooooo what's gonna happen? ?

Black caves Cody's jaw in with a kick after three seconds, crowd goes nuts. 

That was a very short Elevation, 28 minutes. And there were some very strange edits during Santana & Ortiz's match (in which they did NOT eat their opponents alive for a change).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

That was a very short Elevation, 28 minutes. And there were some very strange edits during Santana & Ortiz's match (in which they did NOT eat their opponents alive for a change).

Yeah, that one flew by. I thought the ladies match was pretty good. I'd imagine that was a pretty good preview of the TBS division, except for maybe Nyla, though you could tell a story of her working her way back up to a world title shot I guess.

Elevation 10/18/21

Dustin vs Gustavo: Got to heat up Dustin before he wrestles Danielson. There wasn't a ton to see here unfortunately. They had a nice little rope running bit at the start where Dustin shifted around him and kept him moving. Gustavo looked fine in taking Dustin's stuff. Henry name dropping Duke Droese was a thing that happened. Dustin randomly creating a new finisher and naming it after Bob Backlund the day we get our first new Bob Backlund match in forever is another. This was good but it's always a shame when you get a Dustin match where he doesn't get to work from underneath.

Wardlow vs Austin: Million billion stars for Wardlow refusing to give the crowd even a second power bomb after they went nuts for the idea they were going to get one. That's the kind of thing you can do with a molten crowd. Great instincts. They still popped for his finish. The clothesline bump should have maybe looked a little better? I don't know? But yeah, great instincts by Wardlow.

Santana/Ortiz vs Jaka/Maluta: Hey! I kind of liked this actually. It was a real match with tag rules and everything. Jaka and Maluta came in looking like they knew what they were doing and had some of the spots scouted and Santana/Ortiz actually had to work at it, which made them look better in toughing it out for victory. They were still dominant. They were never really at risk. It still felt like a match. No issues with this one.

Mizunami/Velvet/King vs Sakura/Nyla/Diamante: Tons to like here. This was my first look at Ryo and she just had really great reactions to everything and solid shots. You could sense the crowd was kind of for Diamante though so maybe that wasn't the best early match up. King and Velvet worked very well together. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. I liked Velvet eating everyone's offense for the FIP and how both of her bits of hope were based on her opponents knocking her partners off the apron. That Spanish Fly looked like she almost broke herself in half though. Lulu's reactions after Emi hits the cross body in the corner are always worth looking out for, as was Nyla all but pulling her in to celebrate after the match was over. Ryo looked like a world beater vs Nyla to the point where they had to save her from a pinfall after a suplex. Very best moment of the match was Emi mugging to the camera as she was holding Velvet's leg on the outside on the finish. That was amazing. This could have used another minute or two but obviously that extra Buy-In hour wasn't part of the original plan.

• Like 5