DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

As much as I really hate how blatantly obvious the new eliminator tournament results seem, I am  giddy as fuck about seeing Danielson face Dustin Rhodes, Eddie Kingston, and Jon Moxley in a span of a month.  

I wouldn't say Kingston over Archer is certain. I could see them going with Archer to give Bryan at least one heel to beat in this thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure Archer isn't a heel anymore... but I'm pretty sure he isn't a face, either. He's just Lance Archer, guy that loves to fuck people up.

That's a face in my book, although my book is really out there and missing some pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's a face in my book, although my book is really out there and missing some pages.

All the Pages signed with AEW. Adam, Ethan, Van Zant, Diamond Dallas, all of them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, matt925 said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but Dave said on WOR that beginning oct 27, dynamite will be airing live at 5 on the west coast. This probably doesn’t affect most people here, but it’s awesome for me.

I am okay with this, as my office is like a minute and a half from my house, so I walk in the door right at 5 every day. 

However, I am leeching my access to TNT via my father-in-law's cable log in, so I watch on their shitty app. The app has an East/West feed, so sometimes I watch live, sometimes I watch the tape delay. I wonder if this will fuck up my ability to pick and choose when to watch. 

• Like 1

Meltzer:

People were raving about the Pac vs. Andrade match that was taped last night and airs on television this coming Friday. Most called it the best match in Rampage history or the second best to Nick Jackson vs. Bryan Danielson. Keep in mind the first episode of Rampage was the first Kenny Omega vs. Christian Cage match.

---

First Andrade vs. PAC match was great, even with the finish. I'd probably still have it in my Top 10 AEW 2021 Matches. Where as everything outside of the cage in Blood & Guts overshadowed the good stuff. That's why it doesn't place in said list. Looking forward to PAC vs. Andrade 2 and the rubber match. Full Gear perhaps? Rampage like the previous two?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer:

People were raving about the Pac vs. Andrade match that was taped last night and airs on television this coming Friday. Most called it the best match in Rampage history or the second best to Nick Jackson vs. Bryan Danielson. Keep in mind the first episode of Rampage was the first Kenny Omega vs. Christian Cage match.

---

First Andrade vs. PAC match was great, even with the finish. I'd probably still have it in my Top 10 AEW 2021 Matches. Where as everything outside of the cage in Blood & Guts overshadowed the good stuff. That's why it doesn't place in said list. Looking forward to PAC vs. Andrade 2 and the rubber match. Full Gear perhaps? Rampage like the previous two?

Uh dude, if Andrade wins, he is 2-0. Are you spoiling? 

1 hour ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Uh dude, if Andrade wins, he is 2-0. Are you spoiling? 

Guess as I avoid spoilers be it wrestling/films etc. Andrade needs a programme, ditto PAC. PAC's had stop start momentum. Makes sense for PAC to win this and have a decider. Hoping it's two out of three falls.

Edited by The Natural

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Tony Khan shooting dropping truth bombs.

nb: There is no proof Tony Khan ever actually said this. In a Wrestling war, people make things up for a laugh. 

EDIT: So on Elevation tonight, Santana and Ortiz are facing Jaka and Sean Maluta. So possibly, this might be the one squash match where they don't just eat their opponents alive (Jaka was one of their mentors, early in their career). The six woman tag looks interesting. Nyla, Emi and Diamante vs Red Velvet, Kilynn King and Ryo Misunami.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Brian Cage has an incredible look, stunning athleticism for his size, every tool you would want in a main event talent. There's just one problem:

Somehow he sucks. He's just not good.

My issue with Cage is his Arsenal features too many devastatingly crushing maneuvers that when applied don’t get the job done or amount to much.  End result being they make him look weak.  Ppl hate the ‘he needs to learn how to work as a big man’ Nash-esque talk, but he strikes me as a good example of this talking point.  Not unlike the young Lance Hoyt of TitsNAss fame.

His look is also a bit cheese whiz.  The out of touch faux hawk and cute reverse colour designs.  

He always seemed capable enough on the mic with some direction.  I hope he finds his way.  And hope it’s in a tag combo.  Either with a similarly sized partner or somebody smaller and faster.  And a mouthpiece.  

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Brian Cage has an incredible look, stunning athleticism for his size, every tool you would want in a main event talent. There's just one problem:

Somehow he sucks. He's just not good.

It is not even that he sucks. He has all the components for success except the ability to make anyone give a damn either way about what he does.  Complaining by proxy about his position with the company when he was given every opportunity to get himself over didn't help matters any either. I still say the best use for him would be as MJF's silent enforcer once Wardlow's inevitable face turn happens. Stick him in a suit with a Masked Assassin style mask and just make him as mean as the person 12th in line at a Black Friday sale. 

• Like 1

For me, my issues with Cage are everything mentioned above AND that he feels like a totally unrealistic No Mercy CAW that someone would make so they never lost to their friends. The only thing he's missing is a quick taunt to boost his Special meter. 

He also looks like he never gives a shit. Dude is just so incredibly wooden. There is no passion or hatred or fire or sadness or anything coming out of him. He's just a dude who is there to do moves. And he's fine on the mic. When he has had the opportunity to speak he's not bad, he just doesn't sound like he gives a fuck. Even when RVD was saddled with the "whatever" gimmick in his first WWE run he looked like he gave more of a shit than Brian Cage. 

• Thanks 1