DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

aew_21.jpg

Cool that AEW's bringing back the AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament with the Final at Full Gear 2021. AEW did that last year with Kenny Omega defeating Adam Page in the Final at Full Gear 2020. One year later, it looks like it will be Omega/Page for the AEW World Championship.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, Krone Meltzer said:

I think a big reason they wouldn't fumble is they built the groundwork before even thinking about presenting the title. We could all argue a Trios title could've been introduced over a year ago with all the stables they have - but they've really pushed the six man tags (Darby, Eddie, and Mox come to mind - as well as someone like 2.0 and Daniel Garcia) recently. My only concern would be introducing titles too rapidly. I don't want to get into a situation where it feels like the 'E with all these titles that are meaningless. However, I don't think that'll happen since World, Secondary, Tag titles are being split by gender.

No way they'd go for it, but it would be cool if the trios was also an intergender thing as well. I honestly don't know if they'll ever get to the point of being able to have a successful womens trios just because of how hard it is as is to get female tags (although it's becoming more of a thing recently since the industry has adopted it more) - but I also know TK isn't a huge fan of the intergender wrestling so I don't know if we will see that. Would be cool to have some of those couples who are both wrestlers have the chance at winning titles together (Cardona/Green, Kip/Penelope, Bunny/Blade, Swole/Cedric, Baker/Cole, Leva/Avalon, ect.) while also tying everything together. Sounds good in my head, I don't know how they'd implement rules or whatnot (only one female per team, female vs. female and male vs. male only, ect) but it sounded good in my head with some tweaks.

I think they could certainly make their own version of Mix Match Challenge work 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I will put this in spoilers because it might happen in AEW

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I want AEW to do a Crockett Cup but only with brother tag teams. Get G.o.D and the Briscoes in there. 

• Like 2

With Full Gear on a Saturday night I'm in a quandary. Use my last paid say off of the year to take off the day after or save it for Thanksgiving to have a longer weekend. Leaning towards AEW, which is crazy considering I haven't changed my work schedule to watch wrestling in 18 years. That's how hyped this company has gotten me; we don't even have a card set up and it's 5 weeks away and I can't wait.

• Like 6

On 10/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, The Natural said:

Amanda Huber:

Thanks for posting this!  I clarified this here a month or so ago and still see “they dropped the belt because Brodie was sick” from time to time here.

23 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just a thought, we really need Punk walking by Serena in the hallway and doing a double take. Put it on BTE.

Add Gallows to the vignette, too!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Casey said:

TIL One of Daniel Garcia's trainers was.... Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics.

I didn't even know Brandon was a fuckin' wrestler, that's insane.

He had worked some smaller indy shows in Erie PA as well as Buffalo NY.  

I have to check but I am almost positive some of his stuff is on Highspots and or IWTV.