DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Abadon is back just in time for Halloween.  She is pretty thicc for a zombie.  Just sayin' is all.

She's lost weight, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

The yellow face paint dudes were two members of The Batiri from CHIKARA.  I am not sure that Kobold is still working after being called to the mat during #speakout.

One of them has been previously seen as Louie Valle, or as I call him, Mini Tazz.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, DEAN said:

That Eddie Kingston match was awesome.

Anthony Henry is really good. Although Asher Hale from NXT (or 205 live, possibly) didn't get to show much. But with Eddie giving him so much offense and making it such a competitive match, I think it was probably Eddie trying to get him signed.

• Like 2

Did Anthony Henry get better in NXT or did I always just watch him on the nights where he'd do indie epics rushing through moves with no presence prior to that developmental stint? Was a very good match.

• Like 1

Possibly being at the PC taught him to slow down and so on. Possibly the fact that he was in the ring with Eddie did that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

That FTR segment was just the best. The awesome theme, the jackets and the Big Rig. Perfect! 

100%!  Poetry in motion.  So thankful for FTR squashes/competitive squashes returning to Dark.  Inevitable big run now on it's way!   

Here's the source material to that wonderful theme for anybody that missed it.  Maybe the greatest song ever written.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Hey, Zeda Zhang repped the RVA got her neck cranked by Kris Statlander tonight.  I guess that exclusivity contract Zeda had with MLW is all done.

Skye Blue got her first win!  YES~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Skye Blue got her first win!  YES~!

I was happy to see one of Skye Blue and Madi Wrenkowski would get a win, but sad that one of them would take another loss. It was an emotional roller coaster!

• Like 2

Skye getting the win is kind of shocking since Madi has been around for awhile, even on Dynamite I’m pretty sure. But Skye is very popular, especially in Chicago.

I’d imagine she’s on the fast track to getting signed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I was happy to see one of Skye Blue and Madi Wrenkowski would get a win, but sad that one of them would take another loss. It was an emotional roller coaster!

Madi's houndstooth wrestling attire kills me and she's also a really good heel.  I hope she gets a win soon.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

This forbidden stuff really helps with speculation over the joker tonight, which adds hype.  Heard people believe it's going to be Hangman, Jay White, and Will Ospreay (who apparently is in Philly).    Definitely helps keep things unpredictable.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If it's Ospreay I'm turning the show off and will need to reconsider some things.  I think they would know better than to bring him in though.

'Cause they booked one guy once that you disapprove of?  Wow!

I've seen a lot of people who'd like to see Hangman as the Joker (I'm one of them).  It's pretty cool that people can get excited about the prospect of a surprise entrant being a current roster member.  Another example of the deep bench that they've got in AEW.

• Like 2

I was watching Rampage last night, after watching that ladies triple threat I think Cargill is the next opponent for Britt Baker atleast should be. That was my take away from Jade big booting Rosa in the face and getting the 1-2-3. I think Cargill is ready for a title program he’ll I’d have her pin Baker at Full Gear for the title

Edited by Web Conn

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If it's Ospreay I'm turning the show off and will need to reconsider some things.  I think they would know better than to bring him in though.

Never rated Will Ospreay. Really hope it's not him. This Joker though...

C4P1JLkaPQj1jbN4wSS217fwpk=&risl=&pid=Im

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Osprey doesn't bother me as much as the rest of you, but it wouldn't make sense to bring in Osprey and I don't know if he'd want to come in and do so reckless match like this.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I was watching Rampage last night, after watching that ladies triple threat I think Cargill is the next opponent for Britt Baker atleast should be. That was my take away from Jade big booting Rosa in the face and getting the 1-2-3. I think Cargill is ready for a title program he’ll I’d have her pin Baker at Full Gear for the title

It's not the time for Dr Britt Baker to lose the AEW Women's World Championship. You have to run Baker vs. Thunder Rosa back as Rosa beat her in the epic Lights Out match on AEW Dynamite in March and Baker coming to avenge that loss.

• Like 1