DVDVR Message Board

October 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

LOL, that may be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life, and I've been a Cleveland sports fan my entire life.

"Let's call it was it was... the ye-tay was butt fucking Hulk Hogan." - Conrad Thompson

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Havoc20.gif

I wish there was somebody honest enough and senior enough to write a history of how WCW conceived a big debut named the Yeti and ended up with a guy in a mummy costume doing THAT. Like how many committees or writers or focus groups or whatever did it go through where the Yeti (Presumably at SOME point, a big furry monster-type character) ended up being a bandage-wrapped mummy?! And presumably SOMEONE told him to do the double-bearhug and presumably SOMEONE told him to shake as he applied it because I can't believe these were the actual wrestler's decisions. I would watch an entire documentary about what happened that night.

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wow, that time of the year already.

hulk-hogan-roddy-piper.gif

And just when I think we've seen the most bizarre wrestling clip ever...a new contender emerges. Why did Piper go THERE?! He could have bitten him on the upper outside thigh, or even more on the cheek but he's...right in there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

In which Anthony Bowens gets dropped on his head. And then gets dropped on his head. And then gets powerbombed. And then another man gets powerbombed... onto Bowens' face.

(nb: He missed a little time after this match. And then WWE ghosted him for three years, right up until it looked like AEW was interested in him).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, caley said:

And just when I think we've seen the most bizarre wrestling clip ever...a new contender emerges. Why did Piper go THERE?! He could have bitten him on the upper outside thigh, or even more on the cheek but he's...right in there.

It's called mind games. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, caley said:

I wish there was somebody honest enough and senior enough to write a history of how WCW conceived a big debut named the Yeti and ended up with a guy in a mummy costume doing THAT. Like how many committees or writers or focus groups or whatever did it go through where the Yeti (Presumably at SOME point, a big furry monster-type character) ended up being a bandage-wrapped mummy?! And presumably SOMEONE told him to do the double-bearhug and presumably SOMEONE told him to shake as he applied it because I can't believe these were the actual wrestler's decisions. I would watch an entire documentary about what happened that night.

To take it a step further....The Yeti emerged from his "block of ice" the Monday prior to Halloween Havoc. What was he doing all week? Hanging out in his bandages?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, caley said:

As I remember it The Yeti was originally envisioned as Giant Gonzalez in a white fur version of his WWE bodysuit. Hogan had just got done doing a run of Baywatch with him and wanted him to be a monster of the week. But his health was failing at the time and it didn't workout. So Ron Reise took the spot but the outfit they had made didn't fit him at all. So they went with the pivot to the cheap mummy look. That then turned into a giant ninja. How an abominable snowman can be both a mummy and a ninja is beyond me... but '95 WCW is gonna '95 WCW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1