DVDVR Message Board

October 2021 Wrestling Discussion

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Probably no Gators. ?

The best Scott Hall bit is like right after Nash debuts on Nitro. He comes out and at the end of his promo calls Nash the "Big Man" and himself "the Medium size Man". It's both the double entendre and also the fact Scott Hall himself is a giant person.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Posted about this in the ROH thread. They've been trying to sell if for "more than a year" supposedly, but the asking price is too high. 

If only there was a money mark out there who would want that library.. 

9 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I once tried to buy the early RoH tape library from Rob Feinstein for $14. You'll never guess how much he tried to upcharge me.

Was he willing to take you up on the offer, but insisted that it should say $18, in the receipt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The best Scott Hall bit is like right after Nash debuts on Nitro. He comes out and at the end of his promo calls Nash the "Big Man" and himself "the Medium size Man". It's both the double entendre and also the fact Scott Hall himself is a giant person.

So what you're saying is we should... look at the adjective.

david-caruso-glasses-on.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boydy said:

I bet he pretended you said 18 lolz

i think I've shared this story before but I'l do it again.

The ECW Hardcore Homecoming show in 2005 ish that was in Monaca PA, Rob Feinstein had his shit set up and I was looking at his dvd's.  I feel a shove and it's SJK (Corey Graves) we start talking and Feinstein is just staring at us like we stole something. Both of us were well over 18 at the time so he obviously didn't have a crush but it was just odd. I asked him if he had a specific ECW fan cam that I needed and he rudely said "if you can't find it it's not here"  Basically told him to fuck off and we went over to see Bill Alfonso.

Bill Alfonso sold me an FIP shirt and it has the strangest cologne sent to it. No matter how many times I wash the damn thing it still smells like him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rutgers University has a building called Scott Hall. 

I also used to work with a guy who named his first-born son Shawn Michael. His name is Shawn Michael Moore.

Scarlet Knight Alumn too!

Yeah my very class at RU was in that building and when I saw that I was like "You've got to be shitting me but AWESOME!"

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, AxB said:

So I was at college with a guy named Robert Gibson. He was best mates with Rich Moreton. Not even lying.

Shut this shit down.  Nothing tops that.

• Like 3