DVDVR Message Board

October 2021 Wrestling Discussion

WWE:

Next year Summerslam is in July along with Money in the bank, maybe unnamed UK PPV in Sept.  No ppv in Dec again.

Thinking of Saudi show in Feb.

12 ppvs a year if you count the Saudi ones and the extra night of WM.

Edited by D.Z

Charlotte has talent but she is totally Frankenstein's monster here. I know I have ragged on her a lot but it's the company who are mainly at fault for pushing her so hard and trying to force her as this bigger-than-the-brand star which she just isn't. It would probably be hard to not have an ego when the company has spent the last 5+ years acting like she's Gods Gift and doing stuff like shoe-horning her into a Wrestlemania main event because she felt entitled to it, rather than just another good 2nd generation star. This whole last run has been totally mailed in and felt like she's just there to pad out her kayfabe title wins, which is such a dumb goal to begin with in the first place. I hope she can get her head on straight and check her ego but that would involve WWE not treating her as the golden child. 

(this is assuming all these backstage stories are true)

Edited by killsteve

I think Raylan's "you bump into an asshole in the morning then you bumped into an asshole, you bump into assholes all day then you're the asshole" now really applies to Charlotte. When the Nia stuff happened I put the blame more on Nia, but all of this shit keeps happening with Charlotte involved and it's hard to not see her as the problem. No way would I want her in AEW at this point. 

• Like 3

Didn't Charlotte throw a temper tantrum and slap the shit out of an already-concussed worker because a spot didn't go right?

Between this and the Cody discussion, it's almost as if maybe building around the sons and daughters of 80s megastars isn't a great idea.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

And Andrade is supposedly pushing hard for AEW to bring in all his “family” (Rush, Dragon Lee, both Flairs, etc.).

At that point, it's more worthwhile to let Andrade go. 

• Like 1

I would have her go to Impact but I don't think they're going to want another potential Tessa situation.  I think she's talented and there's a lot that she can bring to the table.  But the potential risks far outweigh the reward at this point so I'd rather she not do AEW.

EDIT:  And I have no issue with Andrade wanting to bring her in as he's engaged to her.  But it's going to be an interesting test to see if TK allows it or if he puts his foot down.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

21 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I would have her go to Impact but I don't think they're going to want another potential Tessa situation.  I think she's talented and there's a lot that she can bring to the table.  But the potential risks far outweigh the reward at this point so I'd rather she not do AEW.

EDIT:  And I have no issue with Andrade wanting to bring her in as he's engaged to her.  But it's going to be an interesting test to see if TK allows it or if he puts his foot down.

Even if she didn't have her issues, I think with any promoter (especially a newer company), you don't want every signing to be a plus one situation. Andrade just got there. He should not be trying to bring in siblings and significant others unless AEW actively wants them to be there.

• Like 1

Charlotte's a good wrestler and a big star.  AEW should try to get her when she is available.  They should ALMOST try to get Tessa because she is so good in the ring.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Even if she didn't have her issues, I think with any promoter (especially a newer company), you don't want every signing to be a plus one situation. Andrade just got there. He should not be trying to bring in siblings and significant others unless AEW actively wants them to be there.

Coming to TNT, the Munoz Family competes for the 8-man championship vs the Inner Circle.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Coming to TNT, the Munoz Family competes for the 8-man championship vs the Inner Circle.

That would be fucking awesome.

Exactly.  If Charlotte Flair becomes available, you move heaven and earth to sign her.   Frankly, outside of AEW, I don't know of anyone who'd have the money to meet her asking price.  Maybe Stardom?  

She is a proven draw and when motivated a fantastic wrestler.   Y'all act like there aren't people in AEW right now who aren't colossal assholes behind the curtain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Exactly.  If Charlotte Flair becomes available, you move heaven and earth to sign her.   Frankly, outside of AEW, I don't know of anyone who'd have the money to meet her asking price.  Maybe Stardom?  

She is a proven draw and when motivated a fantastic wrestler.   Y'all act like there aren't people in AEW right now who aren't colossal assholes behind the curtain. 

It would be like not signing Randy Orton if he became available.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Dude, they signed Vickie, Chavo, and even Shaul did ring announcing for the Women's Tag Team Cup a year or so back. I feel like your chances are better if you just bring your entire family. They literally signed the entire Gunn family. So why not?

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Many of them have corporate titles.

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Y'all act like there aren't people in AEW right now who aren't colossal assholes behind the curtain. 

That isn't the issue as much as each company has to have a colossal asshole quota. And with AEW, you went from progressive company (not my words, but others) to "well, if you're free, we will take you" because the pandemic and WWE weirdness allowed it to happen. By this time next year, they will be at max capacity (assholes or otherwise) in a relatively short time. With three hours of first run programming, you're already pushing it as is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Eh, if you can bring in Charlotte, fucking Dragon Lee and Rush, you do it.

Oh, I don't have a problem bringing them in. But when folks start complaining they're are not on television much, you should know why. There are like 90 other people they have to figure out what to do with. However, with Charlotte, I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up being the Britt and Charlotte show like 2-3 weeks in.

Spitball here...why can't AEW and WWE do a straight up one time trade like UFC and ONE FC did swapping Demetrious Johnson and Ben Askren? They ended up working well for both parties. WWE sends them Charlotte and gets back who? Jericho? I mean what else can Jericho do in AEW now that Punk and Danielson are there? Sammy can be the new Inner Circle leader.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

However, with Charlotte, I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up being the Britt and Charlotte show like 2-3 weeks in.

I got no problem with that.  Total Baker face turn.

• Like 1

Just now, DEAN said:

I got no problem with that.  Total Baker face turn.

And that's what I thought would happen if they (AEW) brought in Tessa. You want her to be a big babyface? Bring in the powderkeg. That'll do it. ?

• Like 2