DVDVR Message Board

October 2021 Wrestling Discussion

1 hour ago, Ace said:

From the horse's mouth.

Dork time, I'm gonna correct the horse here.

The Backslide from Heaven was Genki Horiguchi's highly-feared, completely normal backslide when he was a babyface. When he turned heel it became the Backslide from Hell because it was preceded by a low blow. I'm about 50% confidant that I saw Jack use a bridging backslide before his first Dragon Gate tour. But if he says it's the Kamikaze Damashi, that's what it's called.

Ok actually the right word is "Damashii".

EDIT: OK, so Jack beat Horiguchi with the Bridging Backslide in the 2006 BOLA, when Genki was still a face and had beat Chris Hero with the Backslide from Heaven the night before. So I have no idea what Jack is going on about.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

When Charlie Dempsey did a backslide with a flipover bridge in NXT UK, I said it was a Jack Evans spot and someone (not on this board) said Johnny Saint did it first. 

See if you take the act that 2.0 are doing in AEW, with the stooging and the bug eyes and the 80s undercard wise guy heel-isms? If they'd been doing that in NXT for two years, they'd have had a main roster run by now. If they were doing it in NXT 2.0 right now, they'd be the most over tag team on the roster. So why were they so bland and meandering as Ever-Rise?

Apparently, the reason why the NXT fans hate MSK (the former Rascalz) is because a year ago, when they were in TNA, one of them said that you shouldn't start training for Pro-Wrestling as a young teenager, you should wait until you're at least 16-ish. And Izzy Bayleyfan's parents took that as a personal attack (because Izzy started training at 13) and persuaded all the Full Sail regulars to boo them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

Apparently, the reason why the NXT fans hate MSK (the former Rascalz) is because a year ago, when they were in TNA, one of them said that you shouldn't start training for Pro-Wrestling as a young teenager, you should wait until you're at least 16-ish. And Izzy Bayleyfan's parents took that as a personal attack (because Izzy started training at 13) and persuaded all the Full Sail regulars to boo them.

How on earth is,  "you should probably keep your kids away from the pro wrestling business," a controversial opinion? Putting a 13 year old anywhere close to the internal workings of this business is insufficient parenting.  What are the odds of that turning out well? 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Negative One is training at flatbacks, and he's 9. Although I'm pretty sure they only let him do technical stuff and lucha rolls.

30 minutes ago, AxB said:

Negative One is training at flatbacks, and he's 9. Although I'm pretty sure they only let him do technical stuff and lucha rolls.

I think he is an exception to the rule, given his situation he won't be exposed to the toxic aspects that young trainees endure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I think he is an exception to the rule, given his situation he won't be exposed to the toxic aspects that young trainees endure.

AZM, Riho, & Ram Kaicho all started around 9 (possibly younger for Ram). That said, I agree its more of an exception than proof its perfectly fine and healthy.

Edited by Eivion

49 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Ryo Mizunami is number 41 on the PWI Women's Top 150.  I notice that PWI watched a lot of Stardom.

On Renee's podcast she had on Kristen Ashly who works at the magazine.  She said they wanted to make sure everybody was well represented and the top 5 in particular speaks to that approach.  Well worth a listen if you have the time.

• Like 1